• get out of jail and be back in the NFL as a star

27 40.91%
  • Get out of jail and back in the NFL and be a clip board QB

12 18.18%
  • get out of jail and play in the CFL

22 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michael Vick

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Michael Vick

What will happen??

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Re: Michael Vick

I don't have the utmost confidence that any of the pro sports leagues have the ability to do the right thing. He'll be back more popular than ever, I'm sure.

Dawgyinmiami

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I hope he goes to jail for a long time.

He and his brother both have been a black-eye on the sporting world for years now. He needs to go down hard.

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgyinmiami View Post
    I don't have the utmost confidence that any of the pro sports leagues have the ability to do the right thing. He'll be back more popular than ever, I'm sure.

Dawgyinmiami
    I'm afraid your right Dawgyinmiami....I hope they kick his a$$ out the NFL for good for what he did to those dogs

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Will this be his new jersey?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

#1. As a former Virginian, and a big Mike Vick fan, this has been a kick in the stomach. I have 2 close HS buddies that graduated from Va Tech(the hokies turned me down), and after the nightmare that happened in April, this is not what that community needed.

#2. I think he needs to serve a 2 year sentence, along with all the other guilty parties. All the same time, and not one year. What they did over a period of time is sick.. :bigcry:

Plus, whatever jail time he spends, I believe the new commish with tack on 1 year min. That means no Vick until 2010-2011, and rightfully so.

#3. Everybody deserves a second chance. If he keeps his nose clean, talks to kids, seems as contrite as he was at the press conference, without notes, right after his guilty plea(which I have almost never seen an athlete do).... then just like any other American, he will have a right to earn a living at his given trade....

Do I think it will happen? This all just happened so fast, you wonder what else might come down on Mike Vick......or the other end of the spectrum, who he may rat on........

I dont think this story is going away. The judge set the sentence ahead nearly four months. That is wierd. I dont think he will be charged anymore, but dont be surprised if other people become indicted in this case, or if it leads to new cases.......
    Last edited by altadawg; 08-29-2007 at 10:29 PM. Reason: 4 months

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    #1. As a former Virginian, and a big Mike Vick fan, this has been a kick in the stomach. I have 2 close HS buddies that graduated from Va Tech(the hokies turned me down), and after the nightmare that happened in April, this is not what that community needed.

#2. I think he needs to serve a 2 year sentence, along with all the other guilty parties. All the same time, and not one year. What they did over a period of time is sick.. :bigcry:

Plus, whatever jail time he spends, I believe the new commish with tack on 1 year min. That means no Vick until 2010-2011, and rightfully so.

#3. Everybody deserves a second chance. If he keeps his nose clean, talks to kids, seems as contrite as he was at the press conference, without notes, right after his guilty plea(which I have almost never seen an athlete do).... then just like any other American, he will have a right to earn a living at his given trade....

Do I think it will happen? This all just happened so fast, you wonder what else might come down on Mike Vick......or the other end of the spectrum, who he may rat on........

I dont think this story is going away. The judge set the sentence ahead nearly four months. That is wierd. I dont think he will be charged anymore, but dont be surprised if other people become indicted in this case, or if it leads to new cases.......
    That's not weird when it comes to professional athletes and other famous people. Although, I think in most other cases, as well, the sentencing phase is usually a while after the trial phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Will this be his new jersey?
    Thats funny

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I voted for the CFL, but I actually believe he will end up in the Arena League somewhere. By the time he is allowed back, he will be 30 or 31 years old and rusty. He will still be talented, but his best years will be spent in jail or on suspension...similar to Mike Tyson going to prison. He will still sell tickets but will mostly be a side show like Quincy Carter already is in the AFL.

Alta, I agree with you that he should serve the same sentence as the other guys. For him to admit that he is the ring leader and then get a lesser sentence is totally illogical.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg View Post
    ##3. Everybody deserves a second chance. If he keeps his nose clean, talks to kids, seems as contrite as he was at the press conference, without notes, right after his guilty plea(which I have almost never seen an athlete do).... then just like any other American, he will have a right to earn a living at his given trade....

I certainly dispute your first sentence on #3. None of us want to be remembered for our worst moments, but he carried out his worst moments over an extended period thinking he himself was king of the universe. The price should be high. I don't think he deserves another chance in the NFL. If professional athletics doesn't clean itself up, there will be no audience for anyone to make a living as a "role model". I've not watched an NBA game in years, and much of it is because they've become unlike regular people. This just brings more of the same to football. I don't like to spend my down time watching thugs. That's what Michael Vick was. There are consequences, and they should be high.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I certainly dispute your first sentence on #3. None of us want to be remembered for our worst moments, but he carried out his worst moments over an extended period thinking he himself was king of the universe. The price should be high. I don't think he deserves another chance in the NFL. If professional athletics doesn't clean itself up, there will be no audience for anyone to make a living as a "role model". I've not watched an NBA game in years, and much of it is because they've become unlike regular people. This just brings more of the same to football. I don't like to spend my down time watching thugs. That's what Michael Vick was. There are consequences, and they should be high.
    I concur wholeheartedly. These guys sign their names to multi-million dollar contracts to play a game for a living on national TV in front of an audience of millions (many of whom are kids) and endorse products that our kids love to possess because it has their name on it, yet they refuse to live to the "role model" standard. Whether they want to be or not, they are role models...good or bad. They should be held to higher standards whether they want to be or not.

Making a mistake implies that you did something once and realized it was the wrong thing to do. What he did was over a long period of time. Had he not been caught, I'm sure he would still be doing it today. I seriously doubt, too, that he would suddenly have an epiphany and start walking the straight and narrow. Being contrite and remorseful doesn't carry much weight when you only stop doing bad because you were caught and had no choice.

I am currently serving as an officer in the active duty Air Force. When I signed the dotted line, I knew that I would be held to a higher standard. If I don't hold up my end of that bargain, I don't get a second chance to practice my given trade. It's that simple and I certainly don't make millions of dollars to do it or get to put my name on shoes.

I recall watching Vick almost single handedly defeat Florida State in the NC game several years ago. He played with more heart in that one game then anyone I've ever seen. It's a shame he hasn't applied that same intensity to his personal life.

Dawgyinmiami

+ Reply to Thread