+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonights game atmosphere

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Tonights game atmosphere

Things were nice and rockin, then UCA scores.

Things deflated quickly.

The west side fans got real quiet.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Tonights game atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Things were nice and rockin, then UCA scores.

Things deflated quickly.

The west side fans got real quiet.
    Those people are ALWAYS quiet. It's really pathetic. I was yelling until the last interception and ringing my prescription cowbell...I am seriously and I do mean seriously considering moving to the East side. I can't take much much of the geriatric apathy over on the West Side and feeling like I'm sticking out like a sore thumb everytime I cheer over there, much less stand up. It wears me out. I don't see the need in doing anything if you aren't going to do it with passion. Stand UP, Get UP Speak UP and let's GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

As an afterthought...Why is the BOP sitting in a different spot this year???????????????

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Honestly I didn't hear much noise from any direction except for the band. And by the number of people headed for the exit you would have thought that the game was over when the third quarter ended. There were times during the game that I was thinking to myself that we are a pretty boring bunch of fans. Oh, and the other thing I was thinking is that our field looks sort of grayish under the lights.

On the positive side:
    1. We won!
    2. I only saw two LSU groupies (and they stood out like sore thumbs among the blue.)
    3. There was a pretty good sized crowd (for part of the game.)
    4. Special teams look like they have done their homework.
    5. I saw some sparks of future greatness.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    Honestly I didn't hear much noise from any direction except for the band. And by the number of people headed for the exit you would have thought that the game was over when the third quarter ended. There were times during the game that I was thinking to myself that we are a pretty boring bunch of fans. Oh, and the other thing I was thinking is that our field looks sort of grayish under the lights.

On the positive side:
    1. We won!
    2. I only saw two LSU groupies (and they stood out like sore thumbs among the blue.)
    That brings up a good point. For those of you that left early to beat the crowd... I got up out of my seat after the clock read 0:00, walked all the way around the stadium to my car, and still got onto I-20 and out of Ruston within 10 minutes of entering my car. It's not like you will be stuck in traffic for an hour if you hang in there until the end.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

On the positive side:
    1. We won!
    Dude, we may have won, but:

1) We were playing UCA, not Notre Dame
    2) Looking at the offensive stats (Champion threw for only 70 yds), the game was boring as hell.
    3) You know a game is bad when the most exciting thing people can mention is the punting game.
    4) We were playing UCA. Ten years ago we would have destroyed a team like UCA, 66-7.

HD

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

The band was moved because our team is now on that side of the field and the coaches can't hear through the headsets while the band is playing.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

2) Looking at the offensive stats (Champion threw for only 70 yds), the game was boring as hell.
    3) You know a game is bad when the most exciting thing people can mention is the punting game.
    4) We were playing UCA. Ten years ago we would have destroyed a team like UCA, 66-7.

HD
    yeah...but the punting game was really good.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    The band was moved because our team is now on that side of the field and the coaches can't hear through the headsets while the band is playing.
    You know I keep hearing all this talk about tradition, but so far all I keep seeing are traditions - God knows they are few and far between over here - but so far all I see is the few we do have are being either taken away or changed to suit somebody and I'm getting a little aggravated over it. I am just crabby as hell over the entire situation. I will hush now. Maybe.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I was going to start a thread about this but I'll do it here. I don't mind that the band has been moved BUT, don't sell those seats to the opposing teams fans. GOOD LORD, we have a few rows of students standing and then a bunch of UCA fogies sitting on the 50! Put the other teams fans on the 20 where they belong since we don't have end zone seats. The best seats in the house go to the other teams fans. B freakin S. OK, I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I was going to start a thread about this but I'll do it here. I don't mind that the band has been moved BUT, don't sell those seats to the opposing teams fans. GOOD LORD, we have a few rows of students standing and then a bunch of UCA fogies sitting on the 50! Put the other teams fans on the 20 where they belong since we don't have end zone seats. The best seats in the house go to the other teams fans. B freakin S. OK, I feel better.
    By Gawd, Gonzo I thought the exact same damn thing...if the BOP has been moved, and I guess I can understand the logic, but JEEZ LOUISE, DON'T SIT the DAMN opposing teams fans right on the 50 YARD LINE. Have any of you EVER gone to an AWAY game and been seated on the 50 yard line. Why weren't ALL UCA fans in the damn endzone. Ya'll I dont' know why but I am just aggravated as the devil tonight after seeing some of this mess.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Ten year olds should know this. Are you saying the Louisiana Tech ticket office DIDN'T know this?

HD

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

HD
    I wasn't attempting to make excuses, I was trying to find some positives. It is pretty easy to tear stuff down, but takes a whole different attitude to build something up.

I wasn't attempting to make excuses, I was trying to find some positives. It is pretty easy to tear stuff down, but takes a whole different attitude to build something up.
    It's going to take a helluva lot more than attitude to build this up. I'm really upset with what I saw out there tonight. Dooley promised us 4 quarters of never give up never stop trying playing with passion football. If we got one quarter of that tonight I'll kiss your hind foot. I'm pissed.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

You couldn't be more wrong. The ticket office didn't seat the opposing fans on the 50 or in section O. Our students and fans just didn't get to those seats fast enough...Section O is general admission and first come first serve. I suggest that our fans get there early enough to get the best seats!

Please......no more artifically "building something up". We've been doing that far too long around here. No more excuses. I want to see SHOWTIME in Ruston the way it was when Rattay and Edwards were playing.

HD

+ Reply to Thread