+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Stop Laughing

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

I Can't Stop Laughing

Every time I see Appalachian State beating Michigan I go weak with laughter. Then, once I compose myself, I remember how Michigan PAID $400,000 to play App State and I lose it all over again! I hope UM has Lloyd Carr insurance.

I mean App State blocked TWO field goals at the end of the game to win. This is the most humiliating loss in college football history. No matter what Lloyd Carr and his players do after this, they will forever be remembered as the the first Div I-A team EVER to lose to a Div I-AA team. That's comedy. The only way this could get any better is if UM fired Carr and hires the App State coach to replace him!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: I Can't Stop Laughing

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie View Post
    No matter what Lloyd Carr and his players do after this, they will forever be remembered as the the first Div I-A team EVER to lose to a Div I-AA team.
    They're the first top 25 team to lose to an FCS (formerly IAA) team, but plenty of FBS teams have lost to FCS teams.

NSU beat ULM last year to open the season. Nicholls St. beat Rice yesterday. Didn't Colorado lose to an FCS team last year.

And, last but not least, Tech lost to SFA one year for homecoming.

OH...you meant the first Michigan team to lose to a IAA...my apologies.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 09-02-2007 at 12:24 PM. Reason: I must've misunderstood.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Big Grin Re: I Can't Stop Laughing

I don't think they will be playing a I-AA team again,......... since they lost their first one.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Hate to say I told ya so, but I did!

Again, I will state the Big Ten is overrated.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I think they are the first ranked 1-A team to lose to a 1-AA. Lots of !-A losses to 1-AA. We beat Baylor, Kansas State, and Kansas when we were 1-AA

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I just sat and thought about how happy the true-blue Ap State fans are, and deservedly so. They have won two straight 1-AA championships, but get very little credit, probably even from many of their own graduates. Can you imagine how shocked some of their own alumni -- who are fans of BCS schools and never attend an Ap State game -- were to learn that Ap State beat Michigan?

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SummaCumDoggie View Post
    Every time I see Appalachian State beating Michigan I go weak with laughter. Then, once I compose myself, I remember how Michigan PAID $400,000 to play App State and I lose it all over again! I hope UM has Lloyd Carr insurance.
    The first thing Amanda said to me when she saw the score on sportscenter was, "Wow, I bet Ben is having a good day..."

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

MSNBC- Appalachian St. Happy to dominate, in I-AA

Appalachian State has an athletic budget of $9.5 million for 20 teams and 450 student-athletes.

There’s plenty of evidence to support that. Since 1992, Division I-A has welcomed 14 new members. Most of the schools have done so with little success.Marshall, Boise State and South Florida are the exceptions. The rest: Buffalo, UAB, Central Florida, Connecticut and seven of the eight members of the Sun Belt Conference are either terrible, irrelevant or both.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20566205/

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

So who is the one Sun Belt team that isn't "terrible, irrelevant or both"?

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

According to USA Today, 50 1A teams have lost to 1AA teams just since 2000. Michigan was the first RANKED team to lose to one. But they did lose to an excellent 1AA team, who is the 2 time defending National Champion.

To that list of 1A teams that Tech beat as a 1AA (or its equivalent), you can add Mississippi State. They did that with Bradshaw at the helm, 20-14.

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60 View Post
    According to USA Today, 50 1A teams have lost to 1AA teams just since 2000. Michigan was the first RANKED team to lose to one. But they did lose to an excellent 1AA team, who is the 2 time defending National Champion.

To that list of 1A teams that Tech beat as a 1AA (or its equivalent), you can add Mississippi State. They did that with Bradshaw at the helm, 20-14.
    thats too funny

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I would guess either Troy or Middle Tennessee.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post

And, last but not least, Tech lost to SFA one year for homecoming.

OH...you meant the first Michigan team to lose to a IAA...my apologies.
    It wasn't homecoming. I think your talking about 2000. Stalworth was a bust and ended up injured. Maxie finished the SFA but didn't make it through another game. Luke came in at half against Tulsa, we almost came back and won.

We beat ULL for homecoming that year.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I think they mean seven of eight Belt teams came out of 1-AA since 1992.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    It wasn't homecoming. I think your talking about 2000. Stalworth was a bust and ended up injured. Maxie finished the SFA but didn't make it through another game. Luke came in at half against Tulsa, we almost came back and won.

We beat ULL for homecoming that year.
    Yeah, I was thinking about 2000...I thought it was homecoming, but I don't remember. You'll have to forgive me, I was still an LSU fan at that point in my life (I saw the light eventually).
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread