+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My fantasy team this year

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

My fantasy team this year

I drafted 7th out of 10 so I wasn't very happy, but this is my team:

QB - Drew Brees and Jon Kitna
    RB - Frank Gore, Edgerrin James, Marshawn Lynch
    WR - Chad Johnson, Marques Colston, Laverneaus Coles, Chris Chambers
    TE - Chrix Cooley, Heath Miller
    K - Matt Stover
    DEF - Pittsburgh, Minnesota
    IDP - Julius Peppers, Kameron Wimberly

My league is weird because we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, & 1 IDP.

Think I have a decent team or should I start crying now?

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

Re: My fantasy team this year

I think you might try to trade Kitna for another running back.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Gore at 7 is very impression, Beaz.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Gore at 7 is very impression, Beaz.
    I was very happy to get Gore at 7. I picked him up off waivers last year and he was a monster. Hoping for a repeat. The hand injury scares me, but I had to take him when he fell.

Notes from my draft:
    - Peyton Manning went #5 overall
    - Somebody took Eli Manning with Brady, Bulger, Palmer, McNabb, Leinart, Young, etc. still available

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

People in my league thought me picking Gore 6th was "risky" because of the whole broken hand thing. Whatever. It didn't seem to concern me that much especially since at the time they were going to hold him out of all preseason to give it time to heal for the regular season. I picked 6th out of 10 ... here is my team ... I play LT in the first week. That guy has a good team. In fact, for having the first pick he managed to end up with a pretty stacked team. I am weak at WR and realize that. I got Troy Williamson again this season late. He hacked me off last year but if he is ever going to amount to a decent 3rd WR then it will be this year. I am hoping the Vincent Jackson "sleeper" hype pans out as well. He finished strong last season and had a stellar 2 TD preseason performance. I hope it translates into viable starter at some point this season (if not now) ... I draft #1 depth chart WRs late so usually I have 4 on my bench but I took a flier on Tatum Bell. I figure if he cannot pan out at some point then I will need to drop a couple of players in wk 4 to deal with DEF and K bye issues.

Starters ...
    QB Drew Brees
    RB Frank Gore
    RB Willis McGahee
    WR Larry Fitzgerald
    WR Plaxico Burress
    WR Laveranues Coles
    TE Vernon Davis
    K Josh Scobee
    DEF Jacksonville

Bench ...
    Brandon Jacobs (NYG - RB)
    Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)
    Matt Leinart (Ari - QB)
    Jerry Porter (Oak - WR)
    Tatum Bell (Det - RB)
    Troy Williamson (Min - WR)

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    I drafted 7th out of 10 so I wasn't very happy, but this is my team:

QB - Drew Brees and Jon Kitna
    RB - Frank Gore, Edgerrin James, Marshawn Lynch
    WR - Chad Johnson, Marques Colston, Laverneaus Coles, Chris Chambers
    TE - Chrix Cooley, Heath Miller
    K - Matt Stover
    DEF - Pittsburgh, Minnesota
    IDP - Julius Peppers, Kameron Wimberly

My league is weird because we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, & 1 IDP.

Think I have a decent team or should I start crying now?
    I had to quit playing fantasy football because I took it too seriously and would get poed to easily. It took several years for me to be able to play again. I'm not playing this year, though, because I just don't have the time. I say all this to answer your question about crying now or not. I learned not to care when I played a guy one week whose team had nearly everybody hurt. He had accidentally made two teams in the league and the commish didn't know how to delete it, so it was just a "dead" team. Well, the week I played him I was riding high and still had a chance. He ended up beating me with only about 3 players able to score points for him. Luckily, I play in the free leagues or else I would have gone balistic.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I am playing in my first fantasy league this year. It uses an autodraft, and I really screwed myself over on QBs. I ranked 6 or 7 good QBs, and then for fun had Rattay and McCown. Well, wouldn't you know it, the only 2 QBs I drew wer Rattay and McCown (didn't have a chance to change the rankings after Tim was released). The best left seems to be Kyle Boller. On the other hand, I did get Marvin Harrison, so maybe there is some hope for me.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I am playing in my first fantasy league this year. It uses an autodraft, and I really screwed myself over on QBs. I ranked 6 or 7 good QBs, and then for fun had Rattay and McCown. Well, wouldn't you know it, the only 2 QBs I drew wer Rattay and McCown (didn't have a chance to change the rankings after Tim was released). The best left seems to be Kyle Boller. On the other hand, I did get Marvin Harrison, so maybe there is some hope for me.
    I had Marvin Harrison for two years in a row and both years he never produced until I traded him.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Scoring is different in every league. In mine, 100 points is good. 100 - 115 is really good. 115 - 125 is really really good. 125 plus pretty much guarantees victory.

I already won my game and both of my RB's (F. Gore, E. James) have not played yet.

Here are my results from Week 1 so far with starters listed 1st:
    QB: Brees - 14 points; Kitna - 41 points
    RB: Gore - TBD; James - TBD; Lynch - 16 points; T. Bell - 15 points
    WR: C. Johnson - 11 points and counting; Coltson - 2 points; Coles - 16 points; Chambers - 4 points
    TE: Miller - 8 points; Cooley - 0 points
    K: Stover - 8 points and counting
    DEF: Pitt - 20 points; Minn - 29 points
    IDP: Peppers - 3.5 points

Total so far is 82.50. I should easily surpass 100 once my RB's play tonight. My optimal lineup so far would have had a point total of 158.50!

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    I think you might try to trade Kitna for another running back.
    You still think I should trade Kitna? Not a chance!

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

You've got a good chance, with a team like that and some luck you could go all the way. It's usually hard to pick the league winner in the beginning.

I'm in an almost standard ESPN league with my in-laws and my dad.

QB - Brady, Rivers, Losman (probably nix him)
    RB - Tomlinson, Julius Jones, Ladell Betts, M. Turner
    WR - Owens, Boldin, Darrel Jackson, Berrian
    TE - Desmond Clark
    DST - Ravens and Jags
    K - Rackers and Stover

Autodraft. Only allowed to have 4 rbs and wrs for some dumb reason. My other RBs are weak until Portis gets hurt midseason then I'll be counting on Betts in the playoffs. I'm going to drop Losman for another TE at some point and probably a kicker as well since they both have the same bye week.

With a starting lineup of Brady, LT, JJones, TO, Boldin, Clark, Ravens, and Stover I got 104 points, good enough for the highest 1st week total.

And now everyone else gets first waiver picks (and there are good ones with a 4 wr roster) and I'll probably end up losing in the playoffs.

+ Reply to Thread