+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii punches Bulldogs - News Star

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Hawaii punches Bulldogs - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

RUSTON ? Louisiana Tech head football coach Derek Dooley wasn't about to call it a moral victory.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hawaii punches Bulldogs - News Star

"Hawaii punches Bulldogs"? Odd headline, considering our team went into this game 27 point underdogs, and literally lost by ONE point on conversion miss in overtime.

I'd hardly call last night's loss a "punch" by Hawaii. It was pretty much a slug-fest the entire game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    "Hawaii punches Bulldogs"? Maybe T-Scott is trying to play on the "Hawaiian Punch" drink thing...but when we come into a game as 27-point underdogs...a one-point loss in overtime does NOT a PUNCH make, IMO.
    I guess we should consider ourselves lucky just to have a writeup in the NS this morning . What a pitiful headline selection.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    "Hawaii punches Bulldogs"? Odd headline, considering our team went into this game 27 point underdogs, and literally lost by ONE point on conversion miss in overtime.

I'd hardly call last night's loss a "punch" by Hawaii. It was pretty much a slug-fest the entire game.
    i think it was a feeble attempt at a pun (hawaiian punch) and was probably selected long before the game even began.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i think it was a feeble attempt at a pun (Hawaiian punch) and was probably selected long before the game even began.
    Maybe so, but if that was the case then "Hawaiian Punch, too much for Dawgs" would have been much better.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Maybe so, but if that was the case then "Hawaiian Punch, too much for Dawgs" would have been much better.
    can't argue with that.

don't you love the way june jones talked down to us:

"they had a good little game plan"

"[if they had] won it would have meant so much to that team and program."

can't argue with that.

Yeah, he did "boy talk" us didn't he?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

can't argue with that.

I noticed that "little" game plan. I was blown away when I realized what a great one we had - knew we had a coach when he went for the onside kick! That was no "little" game plan. Clearly we had much to design around to beat a guy that was contained and still got 500 yards.

I'd like to see some nice little game plans against Cal, Ole Miss, and the rest. If Coach Dooley can do that for Hawaii, we're going to win a lot more than I think we anticipated. Y'all better start setting some coke money aside for bowl game tickets/travel THIS YEAR!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I agree with you...on both your posts above. I saw "Delta Fest Draws Flies (or whatever)" and thought...well, if nothing else, the News Star IS consistent.

Until Tech officials succomb to the pressure of the Monroe-based media to play little brother on the bayou in all sports, we can expect to get "punched" when we lose by a single point in overtime, or completely disrespected if they can get away with it.

For instance, I saw this in the 3-up, 3-down NS thing this morning referring to Steven Ensminger's transfer to Tech. What the heck does this mean:

Was Tech his best backup plan after Auburn? — Tabby Soignier

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I just went to the article again and, it appears, that the title has been changed.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

The News Star Sports has been going downhill since Scott Beder left. He was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    The News Star Sports has been going downhill since Scott Beder left. He was a good one.
    but what was the headline in the morning paper?

Big Dog SummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the earsSummaCumDoggie seems to have something between the ears SummaCumDoggie's Avatar

"It was one of those things where I was checking into a new play and the center just didn't hear me," Champion said. "Some of the lineman heard it, but it was loud and he didn't hear it and snapped the ball before we were ready."

Tech fans, please wake up: when your O is on the field, shut up! They need to communicate. Champion should have waved to the crowd to ask for quiet, but sophisticated fans know to yell for your D and go mum for their Offense.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

It's SAD, but we need to have an announcement before each game and after halftime on the speaker system . . .

"Tech fans, make noise while the opponent's team is getting ready to snap the ball. Make a hell of a lot of noise on third and forth downs. Pretend you are at a golf game when we have the ball."

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Don't you think that the Hawaii fans there had a little something to do with the noise during this play? The play happened right in front of them.

I thought the fans were great and hope that we can have that level of spirit for the rest of the season.

+ Reply to Thread