+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tech Golf Opens Fall Season at Scenic City Invitational - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech Golf Opens Fall Season at Scenic City Invitational - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Louisiana Tech golf team will open the 2007 fall season Monday when the Bulldogs compete in the 18-team Scenic City Invitati...

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech Golfers Off to Slow Start in Fall - latechsports.com

Louisiana Tech shot a two-round team total of 18-over-par 586 and is tied for 14th place at the 17-team Scenic City Invitational...

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech Golf Opens Fall Season at Scenic City Invitational - latechsports.com

What's the story on the golf team this year? I know they have struggled with injuries.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    What's the story on the golf team this year? I know they have struggled with injuries.
    probably continued mediocrity despite the top course in the state as their home course.

as a former college golfer, i continue to be unimpressed with the recruits and the results on the course.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    probably continued mediocrity despite the top course in the state as their home course.

as a former college golfer, i continue to be unimpressed with the recruits and the results on the course.

Coming to the Ole Miss game? Golf, Friday afternoon.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Coming to the Ole Miss game? Golf, Friday afternoon.
    as of now, no plans on attending ole miss. with a 9 month old, i am saving up my hall passes for duck hunting. as much as i love tech, i love duck hunting a little bit more.

Bulldogs Finish 14th at Scenic City Invitational - latechsports.com

Sophomore Matthew Harvey fired a final round 72 Tuesday to finish 17th overall and lead Louisiana Tech at the Scenic City Invita...

More...

Discuss it here.

Bulldog checkerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nice

The golf program like all other programs at Tech is heading in the right direction. Harvey won the Texas 5-A state championship as a Senior in High School. He was WAC Freshman of the Year. DeSoysa is a great talent from the Leadbetter Academy.

Things don't happen overnight.

Bulldogs Finish 14th at Scenic City Invitational - latechsports.com

Sophomore Matthew Harvey fired a final round 72 Tuesday to finish 17th overall and lead Louisiana Tech at the Scenic City Invit...

More...

Discuss it here.

Quote Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
    The golf program like all other programs at Tech is heading in the right direction. Harvey won the Texas 5-A state championship as a Senior in High School. He was WAC Freshman of the Year. DeSoysa is a great talent from the Leadbetter Academy.

Things don't happen overnight.
    taylor coffman was freshman of the year in the WAC. harvey won LSWA freshman of the year honors. to evaluate recruiting in golf, pay much less attention to how a kid performs in high school tournaments. Look at tournament performances in higher profiles tournaments and AJGA rankings.

Squire Creek has been open for 3 years or so; the time is now for Tech golf to start performing at a a level commensurate with the facilities.

Bulldog checkerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nicecheckerboard is just really nice

taylor coffman was freshman of the year in the WAC. harvey won LSWA freshman of the year honors. to evaluate recruiting in golf, pay much less attention to how a kid performs in high school tournaments. Look at tournament performances in higher profiles tournaments and AJGA rankings.

Squire Creek has been open for 3 years or so; the time is now for Tech golf to start performing at a a level commensurate with the facilities.
    Really?

Do you think they are recruiting solely on the basis of high school results? Our golf program has not been stellar in the past. Like in any sport, it takes time to get your own recruits in. When you rely on Freshmen, regardless of what they look like on paper, you are going to have some rough tournaments. There are very few Pablo Martins in the college ranks that start out as freshmen like he did.

How about trying to recruit against the likes of other schools with bigger budgets? Support our team.

Did you play golf at Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
    Did you play golf at Tech?
    Yes, I played golf at Tech. Make all the excuses you want...but ULM has killed us in golf the past 2-3 years. That is inexcusable considering that they don't have a facility like Squire Creek at their complete disposal.

Regarding recruiting budgets, check out the recent success of Southeastern Louisiana and Lamar. I seriously doubt their recruiting budgets are significantly more than ours.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Yes, I played golf at Tech. Make all the excuses you want...but ULM has killed us in golf the past 2-3 years. That is inexcusable considering that they don't have a facility like Squire Creek at their complete disposal.

Regarding recruiting budgets, check out the recent success of Southeastern Louisiana and Lamar. I seriously doubt their recruiting budgets are significantly more than ours.
    Which year(s) did your team win the conference title?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread