+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Womack and Brannon Jackson?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Womack and Brannon Jackson?

When are these guys expected to return? With the emergence of Anderson and Beck, Womack will struggle to see much of the field. But, we could really use Jackson against Ole Miss and Fresno.

On a side note, I really hope William Griffin is redshirting this season. Obviously, D1 is a very good power back AND I don't see him getting much opportunity in front of Porter. Has Griffin played?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Womack and Brannon Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    When are these guys expected to return? With the emergence of Anderson and Beck, Womack will struggle to see much of the field. But, we could really use Jackson against Ole Miss and Fresno.

On a side note, I really hope William Griffin is redshirting this season. Obviously, D1 is a very good power back AND I don't see him getting much opportunity in front of Porter. Has Griffin played?
    Yes. Griffin was in late in the game according to Dave. Best check out the "participants" in the box score thingie to make sure ??

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Griffin played vs Hawaii last night.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Griffin played vs Hawaii last night.
    Crap! I was really hoping he would redshirt.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Sorry, he's listed as having played : http://www.latechsports.com/football...g.htm#IGBG.PLY

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I was too. I don't understand that. Why play him if we don't absolutely need him? That way we have him for a year extra after PJ and then Porter are gone. As it stands right now, both Porter and Griffin will be seniors at the same time. I understand that coach is expecting on recruiting some good running backs, but why take that chance when you know you can have one for a little longer?

Bulldog Lumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the ears Lumberjack's Avatar

To be honest, I really don't understand what is going on either. I will say it has been a very big disappointment under Dooley in regards to William. The only time William has been on the field is on special teams, (what a waste) William is bigger and stronger than he has ever been, he is working his tail off at practice for nothing. William had a slight strain in his leg earlier in camp and was worked on "muscle beach" to get back in action, all of which he has no problem with, however another player that had an injury NEVER touched "muscle beach" just wondered around practice and still played in the game, not once but twice. I'm not one to stir trouble or to down anyone but wrong is wrong, if one must hit "muscle beach" all must hit it. I have had several players tell me that the field of oppertunity is not FAIR at all. This must be part of the reason that practice has become "private". William has never been given a chance at La Tech and its beginning to look as he never will. In the game Sat, when Tech needed a short yardage TD and Dooley did not have enough trust in any of his runningbacks it pretty much told the story of the future for William.

Shanon Wade

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    To be honest, I really don't understand what is going on either. I will say it has been a very big disappointment under Dooley in regards to William. The only time William has been on the field is on special teams, (what a waste) William is bigger and stronger than he has ever been, he is working his tail off at practice for nothing. William had a slight strain in his leg earlier in camp and was worked on "muscle beach" to get back in action, all of which he has no problem with, however another player that had an injury NEVER touched "muscle beach" just wondered around practice and still played in the game, not once but twice. I'm not one to stir trouble or to down anyone but wrong is wrong, if one must hit "muscle beach" all must hit it. I have had several players tell me that the field of oppertunity is not FAIR at all. This must be part of the reason that practice has become "private". William has never been given a chance at La Tech and its beginning to look as he never will. In the game Sat, when Tech needed a short yardage TD and Dooley did not have enough trust in any of his runningbacks it pretty much told the story of the future for William.

Shanon Wade
    I hate to hear that. It's not every day that a program can get a quality person (not just player) like William. I hope whatever issues are involved get worked out. I had high hopes for him coming in. I will say, though, I doubt that has played into Dooley wanting practices closed.

On another note. How have you been doing?

Shanon Wade
    It's gotta be hard to watch. If William hangs in there, he'll get another shot. In all fairness, he did get some opportunities last season and didn't set himself above the other two. It's highly unlikely that Porter and Jackson will last this season without injury, William needs to be ready.

Bulldog Lumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the earsLumberjack seems to have something between the ears Lumberjack's Avatar

Thanks for asking, I have been doing pretty good, still dealing with some problems but over all doing good.

Thanks

Shanon

Puppy bbbdawg is an unknown

Shanon Wade
    "Muscle Beach" is no joke. They work their butts off to motivate players to get off the injured list. Its not punishment but motivation. Some players may not partake in "muscle beach" because the can't. Some injuries may not allow them to do the activity on the beach.

William will get his opportunity to play. The season is way to long to think he is not going to get any time. He may not be playing for other reasons. Maybe he is not doing as well in practice. The practice is not "private" to prevent players from getting on the playing field. It is "private" to ensure that things are not taken out of context for things that happen at practice and also to prevent information leaks. This is common practice at most schools around the country. Tech was the exception when they held open practices.
    ________
    cheap volcano vaporizer
    Last edited by bbbdawg; 01-19-2011 at 09:03 PM.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Yep...with running backs, the world can turn upside down with one play. If Jackson went down, Porter couldn't shoulder the load by himself. William will get his shot. He seems to be a character guy and that can't be coached. I know it's tough for him right now, but I'm confident that if he sticks with it, he'll get his shot.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Yep...with running backs, the world can turn upside down with one play. If Jackson went down, Porter couldn't shoulder the load by himself. William will get his shot. He seems to be a character guy and that can't be coached. I know it's tough for him right now, but I'm confident that if he sticks with it, he'll get his shot.
    I am not convinced that when PJ leaves, Porter will be able to handle most the load. He does a great job with his time but he needs someone else to take most the hits.

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    I am not convinced that when PJ leaves, Porter will be able to handle most the load. He does a great job with his time but he needs someone else to take most the hits.
    There is this guy named Myke Compton...................................

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    There is this guy named Myke Compton...................................
    Compton's an awesome, vocal leader. I love that kid. Can't wait to see what he can do in the backfield.

+ Reply to Thread