+ Reply to Thread

Thread: News -- Print vs. Online

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

News -- Print vs. Online

One of my memberships has a good forum.
    This topic is one of today's culture.
    How do you get your news: in the newspaper or online? And what do the different ages want?
    enjoy
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/message...html?tid=26385
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

Re: News -- Print vs. Online

I'm 25, work at a newspaper and am a die-hard print guy...

But I guess I have to if I want to pay my bills...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I'm a print guy, too.
    Then I can scan online for the headlines and updates elsewhere.
    6:30 am with my coffee at the kitchen counter with the paper is this 53-year-old's habit.
    Why?
    cuz I get to read what stories are gonna be on that night on our local NBC affiliate's news programs.
    Louisiana Tech University

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Personally, I like a little of both. Mainly I use online because I have a computer in front of me at work and I can keep up with 'breaking news' that papers just can't report as quickly because of the nature of newspapers. But, I also like to read papers for local news and I still clip an occasional article.

Overall, I think both are better than the 24-hour news networks, which have become nothign but sensationalism. I can read MSN.com or read the New York Times and find out what is going on in the world, and I can skip the story about Lindsay Lohan driving drunk and Britney Spears walking around without any underwear. On CNN I have no choice but to hear about that (ad nauseum) and watch them read other people's blogs...talk about nothing better to do.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a totally online guy. I get up early in the morning and read articles of interest from the Monroe, Shreveport, New Orleans, Tyler, and Dallas papers. Can't beat being able to read in any paper I want when I want. I don't buy a paper anymore. No use for it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I am a totally online guy. I get up early in the morning and read articles of interest from the Monroe, Shreveport, New Orleans, Tyler, and Dallas papers. Can't beat being able to read in any paper I want when I want. I don't buy a paper anymore. No use for it.
    I'm like Dawgpix, reading the paper with coffee every morning is a habit I've had my entire working life. Also, I've never been able to find the Thomas Joseph crossword puzzle in any online publication. Gotta have it. Cost me $3 per week, but I'm an addict.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

The morning isn't right without the paper and a cup of coffee. The sudoku puzzle is reserved for the visit to the restroom. I wouldn't know what to do without the paper in the morning.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!

+ Reply to Thread