+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I AM INFURIATED!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Good Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her game

I AM INFURIATED!!!!!

Dear Blue friends---

I want everyone, EVERYONE, to go to the newsstand and get today's Shreveport Times. Look in the "Preview" section, inside the front cover.

This girl (Tech grad) writes of her experience at the LSU game this weekend, and what a great time she had. Then, she completely disrespects Louisiana Tech and our football program, our tailgating, and the fans!!!

Now she is wondering what colors to wear to the LSU/Tech matchup in November.

Shall we tell her?

snetherton@gannett.com

Let her have it!!!!!

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Re: I AM INFURIATED!!!!!

Is the article available online?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't find it online. Got a link?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Good Doggy View Post
    Dear Blue friends---

I want everyone, EVERYONE, to go to the newsstand and get today's Shreveport Times. Look in the "Preview" section, inside the front cover.

This girl (Tech grad) writes of her experience at the LSU game this weekend, and what a great time she had. Then, she completely disrespects Louisiana Tech and our football program, our tailgating, and the fans!!!

Shall we tell her?

snetherton@gannett.com

Let her have it!!!!!

I sent her an e-mail and told her to wear whatever colors traitors usually wear, and asked her to please not ever mention again that she is a Tech alum.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I have a copy of the newspaper, and Good Doggy gave a totaly accurate picture of this. It was a toally unnecessary cheap shot at Tech. I am embarrassed this person is a Tech alum.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Is she a gannett emplayee?

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I sent her an e-mail and told her to wear whatever coloars traitors usually wear, and asked her to please not ever mention again that she is a Tech alum.
    Very nice. You don't want us, we don't want you.
    Last edited by MattB; 09-14-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Anyone care to mail me a copy? I'm out of toilet paper.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Good Doggy View Post
    Dear Blue friends---

Shall we tell her?

snetherton@gannett.com

Let her have it!!!!!
    I wonder why she didn't go to lsu if she loves it so much.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

FYI!!!!!!!!!

The "Preview" section is a FREE insert.
    TO NOT SPEND A DIME BUYING THE REGULAR PAPER!

The "Preview" will be free for the taking soon if not already available at most places that sell the paper (not machines).

PLEASE DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THIS!

Bulldog Shrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeShrevetown Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Here's a link to the article....

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Stephanie Netherton. She graduated in 2005. I am really surprised to read that. She was part of a die-hard TECH group when we were in school.

Varsity Bulldog Good Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her gameGood Doggy is on top of his/her game

Here is my email to Ms. Netherton. The first one had too many cusswords so I had to edit--

Dear Stephanie--

As a diehard Louisiana Tech fan, I would like to answer your question about what to wear to the game in November...

You can wear whatever you want, just don't wear Blue and Red. Don't tell the people around you that you graduated from Tech while you are wearing your purple and yellow. You are obviously not a true Bulldog fan, even though you went there.

How could you rip Louisiana Tech, YOUR school, apart like you did in that story??

Baton Rouge is a smelly rathole of a place, and LSU is in the dead center of it. I lived there for 6 months. Had to move back to North Louisiana, because I couldn't take the smell, the people, the crime, the traffic, etc. Give me Ruston any day of the year.

Louisiana Tech has made, and will continue to make, positive strides both academically and athletically. Too bad alumni like you run to the LSU bandwagon and forget where you came from. Imagine how much Tech would grow if their people would stick around and resist the temptation to stay "drunk and crunk" with the classless LSU bunch?!?

I have been to 3 LSU games in my life. The first one, I was 5 months pregnant, and the drunk behind me THREW UP down my back...in the first quarter. The second one was okay. The third one was the Tech/LSU game in '03. I was yelled at for wearing Tech colors, and a drunk man went on a frenzy and tried to attack me. I will NEVER GO to Death Valley again. Things that I have never experienced at Tech games. That should answer your question about what you may have missed out on.

Your little story made me want to scream. There are so many of "you" everywhere I turn. Well, here's my little story...

My husband was a senior at Tech when we met 17 years ago. Our best dates were the football games at Tech. No, there wasn't a lot of partying going on, and there weren't as many people, but you CAN have fun without all the rowdiness. We have been Bulldog faithful ever since. We realize that there are "bigger, better" colleges, as you say. To us, NOBODY is better than Tech. You have offended many people today.

You should have never included your email address on that page. I'm not the only passionate one on this issue.

Go Bulldogs...even when your own grads deny you...the few that love you WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU!!!

Thanks for reading my rant,

Kathy Taylor
    Married to a 1990 Tech grad, raising two future Tech students

She has NO idea what she's done!! Everyone read her story, and spread the word. Thanks!!

Sorry, guys. I had no idea the Preview section wasn't in the newsstand papers, because I get home delivery.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

Here is my email:

Louisiana Tech will always be apples and oranges to LSU and a large part is credited to alumni like you. Obviously you haven’t been to a Tech game this year and obviously since you were at Tiger stadium you missed the better football game which was Tech and Hawaii. It was one of the most exciting footballs games I have been to and I have been to a lot. The stadium was full, there were thousands tailgating all day, and the fans stood and cheered loudly all day. No the atmosphere is not the same as LSU, but we have grown to a much greater gameday atmosphere than you are writing about. In many ways, I don’t want our atmosphere the same as LSU. Ours is a family event.

You have disrespected your university that gave you the education that allows you to write this column and cash your paycheck. You should attend a Tech game this year before you decide to put into print what we constantly fight. One of the reasons it is apples and oranges is because of alumni like you. You never went to school there, your education that allows you to print such a slam didn’t come from there, but yet you don’t know what color to wear? Whatever color disloyalty is, wear that one. Whatever color disrespect is, wear that one too. Thanks for attempting to set us back from the momentum we have gained in the Derek Dooley excitement. Of course, you wouldn’t know about that….you would have to be in Ruston, wearing blue.

+ Reply to Thread