+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fall Flicks

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Fall Flicks

Was curious to know what films everyone was looking forward to the most for the Fall...there are a lot of intriguing movies involving tons of violence, the war in Iraq, and some rejuvenated directors like The Coen Brothers, Wes Anderson, Paul Haggis, and the Francis Coppola...

I'll break mine up into categories...

WESTERN

Easily, looking forward to "3:10 to Yuma" with Russell Crowe and Christian Bale

COMEDY

Wes Anderson's new film "The Darjeeling Limited"
    "Fred Claus" with Vince Vaughn and Paul Giamatti as Santa Clause

DRAMA

"No Country for Old Men" from the incredibly talented Coen Brothers
    "Lions for Lambs" starring powerhouses Meryl Streep and Tom Cruise
    "Michael Clayton" another complex suspense drama from George Clooney

ACTION

"American Gangster" from director Ridley Scott with a power punch of Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe
    "Eastern Promises" a new thriller from the makers of A History of Violence, also starring Viggo Mortensen
    "The Kingdom" been looking forward to this one this I saw the preview for it back in Feb.
    "There Will Be Blood" How can you not see a film with this title??

ADVENTURE

"National Treasure: Book of Secrets" big fan of the first one despite the somewhat bogus plot

FILMS I HOPE TO GET A CHANCE TO SEE IN A LOCAL THEATER

"In the Valley of Elah" from director of Crash, Paul Haggis, with Tommy Lee Jones and Charlize Theron
    "Grace is Gone" a big hit at Sundance

MOST INTRIGUING FILM

"Gone, Baby, Gone" another gritty crime adaptation from Dennis Lehane, writer of "Mystic River,"...directed by Ben Affleck?? Interesting to say the least...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Fall Flicks

No Country for Old Men, easily. TOMMY LEE JONES!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Since that one was released today I didn't want to include it on my list...but I'm very much looking forward to seeing it...

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Not sure when it will be released, but I am waiting to see SPAWN 2.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Halloween!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Caught a sneak preview last night of 3:10 while vacationing in NYC. It was quite worth it. One of the better westerns to come out since Unforgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    Caught a sneak preview last night of 3:10 while vacationing in NYC. It was quite worth it. One of the better westerns to come out since Unforgiven.
    A lot of people missed out on a specatular western last year called "The Proposition" with Guy Pearce...the best western I've seen since Unforgiven...

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

saw "3:10 to Yuma" this weekend. I thought it was pretty good.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post

Isn't there a Dora the Explorer movie coming out soon? Or maybe it's Diego. Whichever, it is it's going to have to be next on my list.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Isn't there a Dora the Explorer movie coming out soon? Or maybe it's Diego. Whichever, it is it's going to have to be next on my list.
    LOL, actually, the "bee movie" is coming out Nov 2nd !!! :icon_wink:

http://www.beemovie.com/

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I haven't heard about it- but if that is true, that is where we will be going too. Awww man!!!

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Not exactly a fall flick, but the next Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian is coming out in May. Looking forward to that.

Anybody seen The Kingdom?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Thoroughly enjoyable remake of a 1957 movie. O.C., I've always been a big fan of Elmore Leonard's fiction..................................

+ Reply to Thread