+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CENLA Fires Coaches

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: CENLA Fires Coaches

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    As someone deeply involved with a Christian school, I will tell you that we continually have to either STAND on what we believe, or we aren't what we are called to be. In the eyes of Johnny Q Public, we can't win.

The good news is, we ain't in it for Johnny Q. Public.

We either stand for Christ and defend our school against "accepted" sin, and get blasted as "self righteous" or "holier than thou" or somebody says "and THEY CALL THEMSELVES A PREACHER..."

Or you turn a blind eye to misbehavior, or un-Christian ethics and appear to accept it, then the school gets criticized for THAT, i.e., "I THOUGHT they were a CHRISTIAN school!"

If you carry the name of CHRIST, you WILL be criticized.

It's much easier to NOT call ourself a Christian, so when we screw up (and we will), we won't have to listen to the garbage.

I'm not going to be ashamed of defending the faith, just to avoid criticism. Our kids' future is too important to water the gospel down.
    First, the "accepted sin" is all alleged and never documented. The coach received NO warnings about his language or the way he coached. Further, the "Pastor" has been seen criticizing these kids in a VERY harsh and public manner. Pastor sounds like he's got Jerry Jones disease to me.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    First, the "accepted sin" is all alleged and never documented. The coach received NO warnings about his language or the way he coached. Further, the "Pastor" has been seen criticizing these kids in a VERY harsh and public manner. Pastor sounds like he's got Jerry Jones disease to me.
    I am sure this paster/coach wannabe will resign when someone points out one of his failings. Its the right thing to do.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know all of the details of this story, I DO know there are 2 sides to every story. IF the pastor didn't apply Matthew 18 to this situation, he didn't handle it biblically.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

As someone deeply involved with a Christian school, I will tell you that we continually have to either STAND on what we believe, or we aren't what we are called to be. In the eyes of Johnny Q Public, we can't win.

We either stand for Christ and defend our school against "accepted" sin, and get blasted as "self righteous" or "holier than thou" or somebody says "and THEY CALL THEMSELVES A PREACHER..."

Or you turn a blind eye to misbehavior, or un-Christian ethics and appear to accept it, then the school gets criticized for THAT, i.e., "I THOUGHT they were a CHRISTIAN school!"

It's much easier to NOT call ourself a Christian, so when we screw up (and we will), we won't have to listen to the garbage.

I'm not going to be ashamed of defending the faith, just to avoid criticism. Our kids' future is too important to water the gospel down.
    That is all well and good, and I agree with you on standing for right. But, how right is it to get these coaches away from other jobs that are paying to feed their families and then fire them in the middle of the season without paying a severence and no warning? Apparently there was absolutely no warning to these coaches. They were just fired.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I taught him at a Christian school that didn't have football. They transfered for the opportunity to play football. They have EVERY right to be aggrivated. This pastor is the one who hired the coach. If he didn't do his due diligence in the hiring process, that's HIS problem. This school drew MANY kids away from their previous schools with very weighty promises about how the school would be run and what the athletic program would be like. To this point, this pastor has not represented himself, or his church, very well.
    You are correct. He also has a responsibility to the coaches to pay them for the year and the article said they would be paid for one week. You don't woo someone to your school from other jobs with visions of building a program to drop them 3 weeks into the season and expect them to be able to pay their bills. I would imagine they will be looking at their legal options and I hope they do. The end of the season would have been sufficient to end the relationship when they all have a chance to get other jobs. From the info. I read, there was never any discussion prior to the firings. If there was a problem maybe a warning was appropriate prior to them being fired.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don't know the pastor, but I do know the administrator. I would have an extremely difficult time sending my children to that school based on the administrator alone.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    they lost about 8 starters, a couple of which started both ways. they picked up a few new kids, pulled up some junior highers and took nearly 40 to the game. but they never stood a chance. take 8 starters off a team that really only has about 20 capable players and you cripple any chance you have.
    I wouldn't let my jr. high kid play against seniors. These kids are going to get seriously hurt. These people need to pull their kids out of this school. The preacher sounds like a real nut.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Saw where the Middleton's at least found jobs as assistants this week at Alexandria schools. That was good to hear. I think that leaves one of the coaches needing a new job for the rest of the year.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

On a side note. Bret, what's the deal with ASH?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    On a side note. Bret, what's the deal with ASH?
    i want to say it's just boykins and when he returns ash will get much better, but honestly i can't put my finger on it. it's like they lack a killer instinct or a will to win. right now, tioga's the team to beat in that district.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post

Dang, BHoss. They sell razors at WalMart incase you didn't know.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Lighten up, Francis.

Truth is, you are starting to sound like some of those "paranoid" Christians who always think someone is out to get them. As a christian myself, I've been around those types all my life. Please note that you CAN be a Christian without being paranoid and overly dogmatic. It works just fine.

The "pastor" in this case sounds nuts. He certainly didn't do his "kids" any favors.

HD

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Lighten up, Francis.

Truth is, you are starting to sound like some of those "paranoid" Christians who always think someone is out to get them. As a christian myself, I've been around those types all my life. Please note that you CAN be a Christian without being paranoid and overly dogmatic. It works just fine.

The "pastor" in this case sounds nuts. He certainly didn't do his "kids" any favors.

HD
    HA! I did sound a little over the top in that post. Thanks. You were nice about it...when I re-read it, I thought...sheesh, chuck..good luck with that OCD.

On the other hand...I do feel bad for the families who invested so much time and money into what has turned out to be a very unfortunate situation down there.

From the articles in the paper and comments - it appears this has blown up way more than the pastor ever dreamed it would. It sounds like he believed everyone would support him because he said it was so. I feel very sorry for the kids.

+ Reply to Thread