Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
I need someone to offer up any logical argument that shows any advantage of nationalized/public healthcare. Who would this be cheaper for? How would it become cheaper? How would it prevent overuse? How would it prevent overcharging? Would it be policed? Would the government have access to your health history? Would they have lower reimbursment rates for doctors? Would doctors accept the lower reimbursment or leave the industry? Would this prevent bright young minds from entering into the medical profession? Would medical schools have to lower requirements in order to keep up with the increased demand? Would the government be more efficient at plan administration that private companies? Should you be worried that the government would have even more control over your daily lives? What sort of customer service could one expect? If there was a dispute, who would you complain to? Would the current mulit-billion dollar health insurance companies go bankrupt or pull out of the US? How much revenue from lost taxes would the government give up? Would the government actually give up that revenue or shift it to someone else? If so, who would have that additional extra burden and would they put up with it? Who would police the drug companies and medical equipment companies -- the government? Would that be a conflict of interest? What about the people who make their living by working for health insurance companies, selling health insurance, or suing health insurance companies (poor lawyers)?

I guess I need more information -- me and everyone else. Because right now it seems like people are either in favor of it or not in favor of it without even knowing the details. That tells me that this isn't even about health care -- it's about whether you want the government to have more control, power, and taxing authority or less control, power, and taxing authority. Or perhaps you are just intellectually lazy and don't want to think about the particulars -- which could be costly.
The only thing you need to know about Universal Healthcare is that it is going to bone the middle class hard workers because we guys are giong to have to pay for Universal healthcare through taxes and we are going to be responsible enough to get healthcare worth a damn so we will have to purchase it on top of wasting our tax dollars on universal healthcare.

Also, note that Socialized Healthcare is much worse than Free Market. Rich people will always have the advantage, but probably even worse in Socialized Healthcare. Who will have the extra money to grease the system when their kid has a heart defect? The Rich. Who is going to know more people that can pull strings to get their daughter a new liver? The Rich. Who will ahve the extra dough to get the best doctors? The Rich. It isnt going to be any different except for the fact it will probably be even more in favor of the Rich. Everybody will take a back seat to them on the waiting lists for organs and good healthcare, it is just the way it is.