+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: jena six

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: jena six

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    60,000 as reported. Think they have any idea as to what 60K would really look like?

I'm guessing that FOX knows this is one of those things that will just fade away and any attention they give to it gives Jesse and Al more attention, which is what they are truly about anyway.

Where was all the outrage and where were all the "folks for justice" when they Duke Lacrosse guys were being railroaded?

Wasn't justice served when the rogue prosecutor was disbarred and put in jail?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I guess it was, but Jesse and Al weren't leading the charge. They were running away from it.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    One day in jail, and I bet he gets his license back.
    Go Tech!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I guess it was, but Jesse and Al weren't leading the charge. They were running away from it.

Well, those Duke boys were really, probably guilty anyway.:icon_wink: Wasn't the State AG who proclaimed them innocent a white man?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Better questions:

Why are the assault and the noose mentioned in the same breath? The noose incident was 3 months before the assault and the black US attorney had already announced that it was a non-issue.

Why hasn't more been said about Bell's 4 assault charges and 2 convictions? The media paints him as a choirboy.

Why don't Al and Jesse march in their ouwn inner cities agant black-on-black crime? No money to be made guess.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    do you think expulsion for bringing midol was a reasonable punishment?
    Absolutely not!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Absolutely not!
    then why do you use it as an example? comparing the noose incident to some stupid overblown zero tolerance nonsense only trivializes it. i think the principle's initial reaction to expell the students is probably pretty close to the way i would have reacted if i had been in his shoes, but since i don't know the full story, i can't make a judgment on whether the school board was correct to overturn it. i do feel, however, that expulsion is a punishment that should be reserved for repeat offenders in most cases.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Better questions:

Why are the assault and the noose mentioned in the same breath? The noose incident was 3 months before the assault and the black US attorney had already announced that it was a non-issue.

Why hasn't more been said about Bell's 4 assault charges and 2 convictions? The media paints him as a choirboy.

Why don't Al and Jesse march in their ouwn inner cities agant black-on-black crime? No money to be made guess.
    Exactly!

It is my understanding that it was proven in court that the incidents leading up to the beating were unrelated, also the beating of the white kid was proven to be a malicious act.

Who knows about the nooses, it said they were hung in the tree for a rival game that weekend against a team with a cowboy mascot.

So were the nooses a hate crime? Sounds like a matter of opinion to me.

there were not 60,000 there, 20 at the most from what I understand.

Maybe the kids who hung the nooses could have been charged like this guy. It certainly sounds like it would have applied.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

My question is this: Why is this not being called a "hate crime?" If the roles were reversed such that 6 white boys beat up a black guy, would that not be categorized as a hate crime?

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

It's amazing to read post after post, dismissing the obvious threat of lynching posed after a black student "dared" to puncture an instance of racial segregation and sit under a tree. How would you feel if you were threatened in such a way? How would you feel if your child was?

I agree that the fight that followed was wrong, which is why threatening physical violence is so wrong.

More than anything though, these posts reveal how being "conservative" is really just code for being "racist." The supporters of Tech might want to think about joining the 20th century, that is, before the 21st century ends.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Nope Harris. I think the noose thing was terrible. I also think that the punishment given out was exactly right until the school board overturned the expulsion. But, what is being ignored by the media and many of the protesters is the fact that these two incidents were unrelated. The kid that got beat-up was not one of the three who hung the nooses. Further, the attempted murder charge is not without legal precedent. Bell had 5 prior charges and two convictions and was on probation at the time of the incident. The two incidents are not to be compared.

As for your "conservative is really just code for being racist" that's a ridiculous over-generalization/stereotype...just like "racism".

Pat yourself on the back, you've just "stooped to their level".
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

With all of the glare of the media on the judge yesterday, he STILL didn't let Bell out on bond. I think its because he really is a bad guy. It is sad that there were the racial problems that there were, but you don't get to go lash out at whoever you'd like because you're upset about something else. Certainly the school administration did what they thought should have been done about the nooses - expelled them. The school board overturned it and I believe the principal resigned in protest. That doesn't then mean that you let the ones that commited a crime off of the hook!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

The only valid thing to protest was the charge for attempted murder... there isn't anyhting else to protest.

Slavery is not a black only issue, it's not an Asian only, it's not any group only... EVERYONE has been enslaved at some point in history, and one thing being closer than another doesn't give it precedent.

It is the stupidity of stuff like this that cause more hatred among racial lines and move people who wouldn't discriminate on race to do so...

Sometimes force and taking things away is the only way...

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    The only valid thing to protest was the charge for attempted murder... there isn't anyhting else to protest.

Slavery is not a black only issue, it's not an Asian only, it's not any group only... EVERYONE has been enslaved at some point in history, and one thing being closer than another doesn't give it precedent.
    It is the stupidity of stuff like this that cause more hatred among racial lines and move people who wouldn't discriminate on race to do so...

Sometimes force and taking things away is the only way...

You are correct as far as the world is concerned. However, in America, black slavery was by far the most common form of slavery and the most despicable. Black slavery in America scarred African Americans for an eternity because of the viciousness and the reluctance of whites in America to end the practice of slavery. In addition, when slavery was ended, whites went out of their way to find new ways to make life unbearable for black citizens. Yet we wonder why nooses brings their blood to a boil. So many of these people's ancestors were "strange fruit". Whites in America have a very difficult time understanding the black plight because of their position of power and economic well being. It is not surprising that when blacks and even hispanics are mistreated or denied equal justice under the law that most whites dont understand why minorities simply wont "take it". We whites have never experienced what the minorites have had to go through so it will always be tough. This Jena situation was taken to another level because of the ridiculous charge against Bell. If Bell had been charged with "assault and battery", there is no protest of this sort. Attempted murder?? Now that's laughable. Telling some black kids that you could "end their life with a stroke of a pen".....now that's so Louisiana. There are very few places in this country that treatment of Blacks is so blatantly unequal. And we wonder why people call Louisiana the "bananna republic" of the United States. I truly wonder when we and Mississippi will decided to join this great Union. I do have an idea though. Let Louisiana and Mississippi secede from the Union. Assuming that the two states continue to operate on the policy of "stupid" like they have, we should launch a preemptive strike on them to topple their governmetns. Then we can occupy them and annoy the hell out of them with the U.S. military and private security firms.

+ Reply to Thread