+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Research Park

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Re: Research Park

So going off of the drawing in The Engineer and looking at the most recent Map Quest aerial image, this is my idea. Remember the drawing is not set in stone so adjustments could easily be made.

The location of Lake Reneau would be about right, it curves around the new apartments on the left and under the property owned by Temple (cleared land). It would also keep tailgating open on the south side of the lake.

I'll mock up the Arizona possibility when I get home (have Adobe).

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    So going off of the drawing in The Engineer and looking at the most recent Map Quest aerial image, this is my idea. Remember the drawing is not set in stone so adjustments could easily be made.

The location of Lake Reneau would be about right, it curves around the new apartments on the left and under the property owned by Temple (cleared land). It would also keep tailgating open on the south side of the lake.
    lake is running the wrong way rotate 90degrees counterclockwise. (if you use the north arrow on the drawing i think this looks more correct)

another idea would be that the buldings are behind the presidents house. that judging where the deep end of the pond is on the drawing. therefore rotate 90% cockwise.

looks like you need to shrink it down 50% also

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9701Dawg View Post
    So much for the good tailgating spot?
    looks like a lot more gameday parking to me :icon_wink:

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    lake is running the wrong way rotate 90degrees counterclockwise. (if you use the north arrow on the drawing i think this looks more correct)

another idea would be that the buldings are behind the presidents house. that judging where the deep end of the pond is on the drawing. therefore rotate 90% cockwise.

looks like you need to shrink it down 50% also

Yeah, best I could do w/ Paint, if Quang has some time I'm sure he could make a better one. I actually think it needs to be bigger, compare the building sizes w/ Temples back buildings, I imagine they'll be at least that big.

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Yeah, best I could do w/ Paint, if Quang has some time I'm sure he could make a better one. I actually think it needs to be bigger, compare the building sizes w/ Temples back buildings, I imagine they'll be at least that big.
    i just KNOW that lake reneau is approx 1100' to 1200' long :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    i just KNOW that lake reneau is approx 1100' to 1200' long :icon_wink:

That's about how long it is in that picture, if you were pointing out that is way to long sorry my sarcasm detector is on the fritz right now.

Here ya go Chou is this better?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

http://centennial.ncsu.edu/

http://centennial.ncsu.edu/masterPlan/MasterPlan3.html

If the Research Park ends up anything like this, the future at Tech has never been brighter.

The more I look at the second picture the more I like it, perfect for game day parking (bridge on southside of lake) this would open up tailgating around the stadium along with some nice tailgaiting in the greenspace between lake and bulldog drive. Extend Goyne St. up to service road for easier access, very nice. Only problem would be that we would be land locked by Temple, don't think they would be willing to sell all that property to Tech.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I think he's saying the lake needs to be turned sideways in your drawing. The lake wouldn't come so far up the hill to the entrance of the park. It would be shaped similar to how it is but it would run east-west lengthwise. And our (colleen and mine) tree would be drowned :bigcry:

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    I think he's saying the lake needs to be turned sideways in your drawing. The lake wouldn't come so far up the hill to the entrance of the park. It would be shaped similar to how it is but it would run east-west lengthwise. And our (colleen and mine) tree would be drowned :bigcry:
    yeah, rotate counterclockwise until the park traffic enters onto alabama. the creek runs from the bottom of the hill at the TAC northwesterly with the road running north/south (approx) through the middle of hideaway park. creek crosses the west boundary line about 300' of the last appartments that are being built.

+ Reply to Thread