+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Typical LSU

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Typical LSU

Somebody stole the CBS announcer's jacket at halftime during the LSU game! I'm serious..the announcer said it was somebody in a purple and gold shirt, that narrows it down doesn't it.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Typical LSU

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Somebody stole the CBS announcer's jacket at halftime during the LSU game! I'm serious..the announcer said it was somebody in a purple and gold shirt, that narrows it down doesn't it.
    It was probably an LSU fan.

duh!

Puppy ifb is an unknown

If by stolen, you mean lost it under his chair, then yes it was stolen. I happened to hear the story from an LSU SID today, FWIW. Apparently, Lundquist even poked Danielson about it on-air after he found it (I didn't watch the show to see for myself).

Now for you tin-hatters who think he's lying and doing damage control, I should point out that it'd be next to impossible for a random fan to pull off. There are a few stadium club boxes on the press level, but the entrances between the two areas are manned by Nazi game marshalls (actually that's more to keep the media away from the good food/alcohol than it is to keep fans away from the media). Maybe some rich people would've had motive, but I don't think the means was there.

That leaves working media, and I don't think you'll find anyone with a career death-wish to go swipe a coat jacket. I mean the media are stupid, but risking whatever credibility you might have over a crappy black blazer would take the cake.

Now, I can see why they thought it was stolen. They had their jackets hanging in the door to the hallway (which I thought was odd when I saw it - normally the door stays closed). But still, the place is crawling with people. CBS probably had a stage manager/peon producer/utility responsible for wardrobe. Easier for them to blame someone else than admit you couldn't find Danielson's coat.

Nice first post defending LSU, huh? :icon_wink:

Actually, if you want to talk about typical LSU, we should switch topics to the "f__ you Spurrier" chant that came from the entire student section (minus the band). It was loud and clear on the field, so Spurrier had to have heard it (along with every other kid sitting in the east stands).

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ifb View Post
    Actually, if you want to talk about typical LSU, we should switch topics to the "f__ you Spurrier" chant that came from the entire student section (minus the band). It was loud and clear on the field, so Spurrier had to have heard it (along with every other kid sitting in the east stands).

Heard about that. Glad I didn't have the sound up too loud on TV. I looked at my Dooley's Dawgs shirt today. I'm sure glad CLASS is one of the 5 things listed that we're going to do.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I am not surprised at all, at the first lsu game I attended (Tech v lsu '03) my now wife and I had seats in the nosebleeds in front of a family of tiger fans. Mom, Dad and two kids under the age of 10. The boy was taught to yell "F--- Tech" and "Kill the tigerbait" and not once did the dad say anything to the boy. Class is no part of that program.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

If by stolen, you mean lost it under his chair, then yes it was stolen. I happened to hear the story from an LSU SID today, FWIW. Apparently, Lundquist even poked Danielson about it on-air after he found it (I didn't watch the show to see for myself).

Now for you tin-hatters who think he's lying and doing damage control, I should point out that it'd be next to impossible for a random fan to pull off. There are a few stadium club boxes on the press level, but the entrances between the two areas are manned by Nazi game marshalls (actually that's more to keep the media away from the good food/alcohol than it is to keep fans away from the media). Maybe some rich people would've had motive, but I don't think the means was there.

That leaves working media, and I don't think you'll find anyone with a career death-wish to go swipe a coat jacket. I mean the media are stupid, but risking whatever credibility you might have over a crappy black blazer would take the cake.

Now, I can see why they thought it was stolen. They had their jackets hanging in the door to the hallway (which I thought was odd when I saw it - normally the door stays closed). But still, the place is crawling with people. CBS probably had a stage manager/peon producer/utility responsible for wardrobe. Easier for them to blame someone else than admit you couldn't find Danielson's coat.

Nice first post defending LSU, huh? :icon_wink:

or we could talk about the cheap shots the lsu defense got away with. The worst being the lsu guy coming in LATE and putting his helmet at the base of the SCs players helmet while he was lying flat on his stomach after the play.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Speaking of Verne, didn't you love how the TV guys talked almost exclusively about The Ol' Ball Coach non stop??? ElEssEwe fanatics must wonder if they had a coach in that game.
    PS--Go Cocks!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

I guess the LSU custodians are busy mopping tigger pee out of all their buildings this morning!

Varsity Bulldog Buck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the ears Buck Magnum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    I went to the LSU game this weekend and someone stole my backpack.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

And it was RAINING.

Love that wet corn dog smell

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I made a post about this on another thread. Then I got to talking to Vette about it which got me to thinking. I really can't say anything about it because when I was a drunk college kid, I would have tried the same thing if given the chance. Heck, as a drunk college graduate I might have tried it. I'm glad I gave up drinking. The more I think about this, the more I chuckle at the gumption of the person who did this, and despite the counter explanation provided, I believe that this certainly happened based on comments later made by the announcers.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I went to the South Carolina game this weekend, dressed in TECH blue. Saw a sign at one of the tailgates, "Don't be too hard on Spurrier. He will be our next head coach."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Magnum View Post
    I went to the LSU game this weekend and someone stole my backpack.

And... did you learn anything? Will you go back into the evil den of heathen thieves?

Varsity Bulldog Buck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the ears Buck Magnum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And... did you learn anything? Will you go back into the evil den of heathen thieves?
    I like LSU so yes I will go back. I just hope whoever took it needed it. It is between that person and Jesus now. I didn't tailgate this time, but things seemed more low key, I dunno.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Magnum View Post
    I like LSU so yes I will go back. I just hope whoever took it needed it. It is between that person and Jesus now. I didn't tailgate this time, but things seemed more low key, I dunno.
    Just be careful and protect your woman and children. Personally, you and your family are probably safer and subject to less insults and foolishness walking around downtown New Orleans. And yes, I'm serious.

+ Reply to Thread