+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech Soccer Begins Five-Game Homestand with Centenary - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech Soccer Begins Five-Game Homestand with Centenary - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After playing six of its first seven games on the road, Louisiana Tech will return to the friendly confines of Joe Aillet Stadiu...

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Tech Offense Explodes in 3-0 Win Over Centenary - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

With an offensive onslaught in the second half and great defense throughout, the Lady Techster soccer team picked up its initial...

More...

Discuss it here.

Puppy C-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really niceC-Dawg is just really nice

Re: Tech Soccer Begins Five-Game Homestand with Centenary - latechsports.com

Congrats. Well done Ladies.

Puppy bbbdawg is an unknown

Congratulations ladies on the first win. Hopefully this will spark a little confidence going forward. Great to see some offense and intensity.
    ________
    volcano vaporizer
    Last edited by bbbdawg; 01-19-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Puppy calisoccer is on the way down

Thank God......I starting to wonder if the ship was going to set sail or sink. Well done and we all look forward to more wins to come. Come ladies you can get more than 4 wins this year. SJSU is not doing any better, nor is Boise, or Nevada(Pre Season favorite). So you are not the only ones beat up at the moment. Best of luck from california.
    Still wondering why certain players are not playing or left the team? Is all well in Ruston? BRSC seems to think other wise on another post? Will players be leaving in mass exodus (Talk from Club & College Coaches) after this season due to the house cleaning? Does that effect the APR or scholarshiping?

Puppy BRSC is on the way down

The ship is sinking as players are jumping ship some before preseason, during preseason, during the season, and after the season. There have been a number of concerns in regards to the managmnet of this team. What coach tells a team they lost before they get on the bus, and that they are the worst team in the NCAA. Also the assistant coach has been seen out in Social setting with current student athletes. This concern has been brought to the Admin, as a concern of the team , and players on the team, and others in the athletic department. Still our Admin does NOTHING! Please lets wait till it get worse.
    Cali Soccer you change your tune, so often. This program is not going forward. Great kids & players. The fans are being turned away by this guy. The student athletes in other sports dont even support him, because of his harsh words with students at a home game. Some other coaches at Tech have even gone out of their way to help him and have been shot down by "his way only" managment style.

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by BRSC View Post
    The ship is sinking as players are jumping ship some before preseason, during preseason, during the season, and after the season. There have been a number of concerns in regards to the managmnet of this team. What coach tells a team they lost before they get on the bus, and that they are the worst team in the NCAA. Also the assistant coach has been seen out in Social setting with current student athletes. This concern has been brought to the Admin, as a concern of the team , and players on the team, and others in the athletic department. Still our Admin does NOTHING! Please lets wait till it get worse.
    Cali Soccer you change your tune, so often. This program is not going forward. Great kids & players. The fans are being turned away by this guy. The student athletes in other sports dont even support him, because of his harsh words with students at a home game. Some other coaches at Tech have even gone out of their way to help him and have been shot down by "his way only" managment style.
    you know who else is employing a "his way only" management style? derek dooley. and i sure don't hear anyone complaining about that. and are you saying that the assistant coach is not allowed to have a social life? i know for a fact she's not going out with soccer players, but what's to stop student-athletes, coaches (and administrators) from being at the same bar? i mean, let's be reasonable.

as for sherry not getting support, that's a bunch of bull. everyone wants to see tech's teams win, but you're not going to have a lot of fans to watch a team get beat 6-0. the problem everyone is seeing is that two pretty good players were dismissed from the team because they were a cancer in the locker room. they had a negative attitude, they belittled the underclassmen, they undermined everything the coach tried to say and they thought they were running the team, not the coach. they needed to get cut. and there are a couple more still on the team that are part of that little "clique" and i'd bet good money they'll be gone by the end of the year too. but of course the "clique" is big buddies with the baseball team and the football players and other groups of student athletes, so they have told them not to come support the current players. and of course, that is what has happened.

a big group of frat boys was at the arkansas game and their sole purpose in being there was to heckle the arkansas players and coaches. coach sherry wanted them to move because he doesn't want our program to gain that kind of reputation. that's why he moved the team benches to the other side of the field. he wants to run a first-rate, classy, quality program, and it's going to be his way or the highway. if the fans and supporters will give him a chance, he will turn louisiana tech soccer into a winning program. you don't become a winner by making everyone happy along the way, and there will be a major house-cleaning after the season. he knows how to win and he's done it everywhere he's been. he's turned dismal programs into national contenders. he's got a good class of recruits lined up that will turn this program around overnight. but if he doesn't get the support of the administration and the fans (people like you that want to run him out of town on a rail 8 games into his first season), well, you may get your wish and he'll just leave. then we can get another coach in here that lets the players think they're bigger than the game and we'll be right back where we were a year ago when the ship actually was sinking.

it's good that the administration finally got a soccer coach in town that KNOWS how to win instead of just saying what everyone already knows -- soccer, volleyball, tennis and bowling are here for title IX purposes, they're going to put minimal funding into them, and they really don't care if they win or lose. just don't lose any more money than you have to. we could continue to be like that, recruit "good" kids that won't embarass the university but that can't play a lick of soccer, just so we can field a team. or we can try to win. can't have it both ways, although you sure seem to think so.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I know for a fact that there would have been a lot of player turnover if Stoneman had gotten the job (and it wouldn't have been from players voluntarily leaving). So with a new person completely outside the program and region coming in there will be a sweeping change.

Anytime there is a coaching change you usually have some of that current recruiting class ask to be let out of their LOI's. You usually have players dismissed for various reasons, and you definitely have kids transfer after the season. That is the life cycle of a program influx in the NCAA's. The only exceptions you have to this are the elite who change coaches because of loss to the pro's etc.

There were complaints filed against Jen when she was starting the program. Thats life. I think the best thing to do if you or anyone else is truly unhappy with the state of the program, especially if your child is on the team, is go directly to the coach and say something like " I understand there are a lot of difficulties associated with college athletics, especially soccer at Tech right now, but I don't feel that this is the best environment athletically for my child."

If that is truly how you feel, the staff will understand, the teammates will understand, and if its truly the athletic environment and not the educational experience, then even if you decided to staff at any said school, that is actually more common than most realize.

If a person is truly unhappy in a situation at this level there are solutions. One of the problems I find in the HS and club ranks is that people get to used to having things their way, especially in lcub if they child is a gifted athlete. When things reach the collegiate level for 99% of parents that level of involvment and control evaporates. I am not saying that is what is happening in this case, but in sports like soccer and volleyball where club an such, has a major impact it leads these same teams to more problems at the next level.

That being said every program in the country has problems, but when you win they aren't brought it the forefront as readily.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

The general tone of this board and even the Tech nation over the last year has gotten or, had already reached in some cases, a very negative and dark tone. The infusion of Dooley and Rupp seems to have brightened things along with DR taking an active role. I don't post very much anymore and probably wont post on the soccer program again until the season is over, so feel free to take shots at me, the program, coaches etc. That is what the an internet message board was truly built for

I heard these same types of complaints lodged for years (thats right, more than the first season) against the former staff. I had parents email me, players email me, and I talked to the coaches and administration. I will reserve my judgement until the season is over at the very earliest.

Tech is not going to remove Sherry or his assistant barring some major incident, so if a player or parent is truly infuriated over the current situation, it is best if that player and her family find her a program where she feel comfortable not only on the field but in the classroom etc... Tech may simply not be the place for every student athlete. I wish it was for the sake of my alma mater.

If people truly wish to move on I do not mind in aiding that process. I am not trying to say I have connections throughout the country, but I do have some in the South (not the powerhouse of collegiate soccer I know, but getting better) and depending on the students future aspirations, and major I would truly not hesitate to help a 18-22 year old lady find some place she truly excels.

Just don't think that wailing and/or protesting the current staff or administration is going to get you anything but an ulcer. You guys have a good rest of the season. I wish the ladies best of luck on the pitch, and hope they have a productive conference slate.

Cheers

:bigcry:
    Quote Originally Posted by rustondawg5198 View Post
    you know who else is employing a "his way only" management style? derek dooley. and i sure don't hear anyone complaining about that. and are you saying that the assistant coach is not allowed to have a social life? i know for a fact she's not going out with soccer players, but what's to stop student-athletes, coaches (and administrators) from being at the same bar? i mean, let's be reasonable.

as for sherry not getting support, that's a bunch of bull. everyone wants to see tech's teams win, but you're not going to have a lot of fans to watch a team get beat 6-0. the problem everyone is seeing is that two pretty good players were dismissed from the team because they were a cancer in the locker room. they had a negative attitude, they belittled the underclassmen, they undermined everything the coach tried to say and they thought they were running the team, not the coach. they needed to get cut. and there are a couple more still on the team that are part of that little "clique" and i'd bet good money they'll be gone by the end of the year too. but of course the "clique" is big buddies with the baseball team and the football players and other groups of student athletes, so they have told them not to come support the current players. and of course, that is what has happened.

a big group of frat boys was at the arkansas game and their sole purpose in being there was to heckle the arkansas players and coaches. coach sherry wanted them to move because he doesn't want our program to gain that kind of reputation. that's why he moved the team benches to the other side of the field. he wants to run a first-rate, classy, quality program, and it's going to be his way or the highway. if the fans and supporters will give him a chance, he will turn louisiana tech soccer into a winning program. you don't become a winner by making everyone happy along the way, and there will be a major house-cleaning after the season. he knows how to win and he's done it everywhere he's been. he's turned dismal programs into national contenders. he's got a good class of recruits lined up that will turn this program around overnight. but if he doesn't get the support of the administration and the fans (people like you that want to run him out of town on a rail 8 games into his first season), well, you may get your wish and he'll just leave. then we can get another coach in here that lets the players think they're bigger than the game and we'll be right back where we were a year ago when the ship actually was sinking.

it's good that the administration finally got a soccer coach in town that KNOWS how to win instead of just saying what everyone already knows -- soccer, volleyball, tennis and bowling are here for title IX purposes, they're going to put minimal funding into them, and they really don't care if they win or lose. just don't lose any more money than you have to. we could continue to be like that, recruit "good" kids that won't embarass the university but that can't play a lick of soccer, just so we can field a team. or we can try to win. can't have it both ways, although you sure seem to think so.

So (Coach) your saying this team is not worthy of NCAA/WAC talent? Are you also saying that its okay for an employee of tech athletics to be dating/drinking/being social in that setting (Bar Scene) with students athletes? It got Chapman in trouble, and I dont think Tech needs that press!
    So, the players at Tech now are not good enough players? Have you seem the talent he has already brought in? Sherry made this his mission from the begining when he arrived late, met with and watched the players play before preaseason, and had 1 on 1 lessons with the kids before the season (NCAA RULES?) even started. And now there is a voluntary coach from Japan, that practices and plays with the team. But will be a player next season (NCAA Rules)on the roster. Change is good but it has to be done in the right manner. I guess this is okay?

Varsity Bulldog rustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her gamerustondawg5198 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by BRSC View Post
    :bigcry:

So (Coach) your saying this team is not worthy of NCAA/WAC talent? Are you also saying that its okay for an employee of tech athletics to be dating/drinking/being social in that setting (Bar Scene) with students athletes? It got Chapman in trouble, and I dont think Tech needs that press!
    So, the players at Tech now are not good enough players? Have you seem the talent he has already brought in? Sherry made this his mission from the begining when he arrived late, met with and watched the players play before preaseason, and had 1 on 1 lessons with the kids before the season (NCAA RULES?) even started. And now there is a voluntary coach from Japan, that practices and plays with the team. But will be a player next season (NCAA Rules)on the roster. Change is good but it has to be done in the right manner. I guess this is okay?
    on the matter with hikari, i see no difference in that and having a player that transfers and has to sit out a year involved with the team and practicing with it. happens all the time in basketball, football, etc. she barely speaks english and her credits did not transfer from japan so she can't play this year, but if she gets her academics in order she will be eligible next year, and she will make a HUGE impact. she's better than any player on any team they've played so far. so no ncaa violations there. individual workouts are perfectly fine before the season. different sports have different rules about practice, apparently this is permissible in soccer or sherry would not have done it.

it seems like you have some sort of personal vendetta against coach sherry. if this is the case, then quit supporting tech soccer and get your kid off the team! and you're right, he can't win with this team. no one could with this many injuries. if jill, emily, caitlin, amy and ryan were all healthy, we'd have won 2-3 more games by now, no doubt.

as for comparing the assistant coach to pokey chatman, absolutely ridiculous. not even close to the same situation. big difference between being seen in the same restaurant/bar/club as student athletes (most of whom are underage and shouldn't be going to these places ANYWAY) and actually being in a romantic relationship with one of your own players. HUGE difference. not the case at all here. i don't know why you're trying to stir up rumors about our coaches, but unless you've got something to back it up with, give it a rest. all of that, completely untrue.

(and no, i'm not the coach. just a supporter of tech athletics that knows what's really going on and not just hearing one side of the story.)

Puppy TechFan_101 has turned a few heads around hereTechFan_101 has turned a few heads around here

Congrats ladies! Keep it up! You are making us proud! And Coach Sherry, you are doing a great job, keep working hard!

And BRSC, give it a rest already!!! It sounds like your kid is giving you faulty inside information. Did you ever think that the opinion of one or two OR three people is just that, the opinion of a few. The team is looking a hell of a lot better with out those few girls’ bad attitudes. Those girls (plus a few that are still on the team) gave the entire team a bad rep! Change is a good thing and it was necessary for this team and I can’t wait to see the changes Coach Sherry has in store for this team next year!

Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it. ~Author Unknown
    Last edited by TechFan_101; 10-01-2007 at 12:01 AM.

That was a great win for the ladies and the program. But my information is correct. Sorry if I am looking after the better interest of this team/ my university, when it comes to such situations. But, Look at the two players sitting in the stands(LB, ND) who got suppended before the game, for going out with the assistant coach, and an athletic trainer the night before the game. I wonder if she will get suppended as well from Sherry or wil teh Admin finally look into this matter? Sure Ruston is a small town but this type of behavior cant be tolerated. Lets see if he holds his staff accountable for these actions, as he has done so for the players? Didnt someone state that they knew for sure that this was not happening? Well, this info kind of blows that theory out of the water.
    But you are right I shall give it a rest, they played well, and looked really good for being the worst team in the worst team in the NCAA.

+ Reply to Thread