+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAINTS

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Re: SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    It doesn't make me feel better...I was merely pointing out the odd results of one of the NFL's most successful franchises against one of the worst. Did I get a little too close to home?

If Cowboy fans "measure their season by playoffs and super bowls," I can understand why you're so touchy, seeing as how you haven't so much as won a playoff game in over a decade.
    I can say, in my lifetime, the cowboys have won 5 super bowl championships. How many have the Saints won? If I were a Saints fan I wouldn't mention playoff droughts. And, by the way, my comments were directed at the preson who said "at least we can still beat the cowboys," not at you. Did I get a little too close to home?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I honestly think the Saints played above their heads last year and played with a lot of emotion and good coaching. Emotion, confidence and good coaching can overcome a lot. The Saints were over rated going into this year. Also Brees is a solid QB but not near as good as most Saints fans believe he is.

Sean Peyton is very smart and it will just take a little bit of time and I think he can develop them into a winner. I don't think they have all the horses right now.

I think barring injuries you will see the Cowboys in the superbowl for two reasons. #1 Romo is the real deal. I wasn't sure before but I am now. #2 the NFC sucks, and I mean sucks.

The real superbowl will be the AFC championship game between Indy and New England. (homefield will be very important to Indy) After that I give the AFC champ an 80/20 chance of beating the NFC champ.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    If saying the Aints can beat the cowboys makes you feel better, then go ahead. You just got embarrassed on national tv and bascially lost all hope for the playoffs. Not to mention you lost Deuce, your best chance to save the season, with a torn ACL. I am by no means convinced the Cowboys will be in the Super Bowl, but I know I rather be 3-0 than 0-3. I think it's funny that Saints fans measure thier season by weather they can beat the Cowboys, while Cowboys fans measure their season by playoffs and super bowls.
    It was a freakin' joke! Wow....cowgirl fans sure are touchy. And, it doesn't make me feel any better, although it does seem to make cowboy fans mad, so I guess that makes me feel better.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I can't take credit. I'm just passing along...

The Saints are one of the few New Orleans businesses that have been able to return to Pre Katrina form.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    PFFT... I have Marc Bulger and Matt Lienart. Can it really get any worse than that??

Found Farve on waivers. Way better than the other 2 options.
    Picked up Favre to back up Bulger but decided to let Bulger start last week. Cost me a loss. I'd be all alone in first if I'd just given up on Bulger a week earlier.

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

I'm just as down as the next Saints fan about this dismal start to the season. I really think Jamaal Brown isn't completely healed from his knee injury sustained during the preseason. He is way too big and talented to be bull rushed the way he's been these last three games. The entire o-line just seems to be breaking down and I don't know why. Also, we are not a good come from behind team. We can be down by 7 or 10 early in games and come back but I've yet to see where we can come from behind late in games (ie Pittsburg, Baltimore, Cincy, Chicago last year) and the three games this year.

I actually give some kudos to our D on Monday night. Other than the first couple of drives by the Titans, they buckled down and played. But you can't ask your D to play at such a high level every week when they are playing the entire game. Just like the previous two games, they were gased early in the 2nd half. Not to mention playing with a short field after turnovers. You start making mistakes (ie bad angles, missed tackles, etc) when you're tired. We need that pass rush too. Our CB's haven't performed much better but when you allow the QB to sit back in the pocket and have all day to throw, he's going to beat even the most savy of CB's. I'm disappointed in Jason David's play too but he does have two of our three takeaways. I'm looking forward to see how Usama Young does in his place. I'm not sure he'll start but he'll get some quality playing time.

Steve Young made a comment during the pre-game show that sums it up for me...this team is immature. Not in a negative way because they have some quality character guys on the team. But they are a really young team and it's pretty obvious they haven't handled their success very well (2006 season). It's going to take some time for them to be able to take it to the next level. While I'm disappointed in their start, I still think the future is bright. They have a solid group of young players to build around. We're not going to sneak up on teams any longer. This team is too talented to maintain their current level of play. Losing Deuce was huge IMHO. We'll see if Reggie can carry the load. I was very impressed with Pierre Thomas during the preseason. He beat out a draft pick (A. Pittman) for a roster spot so the guy does have something. If he can bring some of what he showed during the preseason, the loss of Deuce will soften.

This won't be their year it seems, but I'm confident they are still in the building phase of something very special in the near future.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I agree with you on everything. I am a cowboys fan, but I still follow the Saints closely. They have a solid nucleus of young players and a very good veteran qb. They might not go as far this year, but don't give up yet. Tampa leads the division and they can't keep it up all year. In a very weak NFC they still have a legitimate chance, but they need players to step up. Reggie has to learn to run btw the tackles and not try to outrun everyone to the corner. That doesn't work in the NFL. I also like Sean Payton. He is a very smart coach who has experience bringing teams back from the dead (the Giants team in '01 was dead in the water only to turn it around and reach the super bowl). I still think we could see a Saints/cowboys playoff game in Dallas. I hope not, because I think the Saints have our number.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I honestly think that Payton's playbook needs to be shook up a little bit. He ran an innovative offense last year and now that people have had a year to look at it, it seems like the D's know what we are going to do. Our passes are blanketed and it doesnt help that Brees looks like Ryan Leif throwing the ball. The only ball I saw him throw on the money Monday was when Reggie dropped that one in the end zone, everything else wasnt close to being a good pass.

+ Reply to Thread