+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Favorite JOHN WAYNE Movie!

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Re: Your Favorite JOHN WAYNE Movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    His roles just always reminded me of a bully. I spent my life standing up to bullies for my friends, so I just can't relate to him. I have no problem with machoness. I just like a little humility to go with it, and his characters always struck me as arrogant. Of course, that's based on maybe 1 or 2 snippets from movies I just couldn't watch.
    You should see the Quiet Man. I agree with what you are saying about most of his roles. The other thing is that his voice and his delivery and inflections were SO unique and memorable that it made him seem like he was playing the same character whether or not he actually was. But in The Quiet Man, he was the anti-bully pacifist. I think he even took a good lickin' from old Donagher and Maureen O'hara.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    Read the True Grit novel if you get a chance. The script follows it almost word and word and in book form it's just as funny.

Hollywood doesn't care much for John Wayne and similar types but did give him the Best Actor Oscar for True Grit.

Axiom: A bad John Wayne movie is better than no John Wayne movie at all.
    I will definitely try it. Thank you.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Son's of Katie Elder.
    Gotta love "The Duke"

"I'm not gonna hitcha, like hell I'm not"

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    And I LOVE The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. When Tom drawls, "My boy Pompey - in the kitchen door." Hot Damn!
    You need to watch Sargent Rutledge -

Great movie - stars the actor who played Pompey - Woody Strode....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy Good Dog33 is an unknown Good Dog33's Avatar

Big Jake. It was the first movie I ever saw in a theater. I might have been 6 or so.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

The Alamo was the first one I remember seeing. I was 5.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    The Alamo was the first one I remember seeing. I was 5.
    That was at the "picture show" wasn't it? I'm guessing it cost 25 cents or less per head to get in.

Ole Yeller is one that I remember going to. Lots of Disney films back then.

Double Features on Saturdays.
    Chile Burgers
    Pickle Juice
    The Balcony

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

THE GREEN BERETS. I always remember them getting whipped in every fight!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    THE GREEN BERETS. I always remember them getting whipped in every fight!
    ...that's because contrary to most news reports of that era...they did lose almost every fight particularly the Tet Offensive.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

McClintock - Humor and the wild west, and Donavan's Reef because it was such a different role for him. El Dorado was a good one too.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

The Horse Soldiers, filmed in Natchitoches

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

El Dorado. Classic western. Also like The Man who shot Liberty Valence a lot.

Puppy Thor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterDawg View Post
    The Horse Soldiers, filmed in Natchitoches
    Was it really? I never knew that.

Hard to beat: They were expendable, Big Jake and The Quiet Man

Puppy Wolverine55 is an unknown

The Cowboys! That is my all time favorite John Wayne movie~

+ Reply to Thread