+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Saints' fans now?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Where are all the Saints' fans now?

To be honest ... I was a little out of my comfort zone when the Saints were doing well last year.

Cheering for baaaad Saints team is, for me, like coming home.

Whodat.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

I'm right here, was in the nosebleeds Monday night, and will be right here for as long as there's a team. It's tough, but hey what else should we expect being Saints fans?

Just a few comments/observations:

- As much as I hate the Cowboys, I have to agree with Bigdog13. It's time to stop playing the Romo sucks card. He's not proven that he is elite yet, and I understand that all the premature hype he recieved last season combined with the fact that he plays in Dallas is enough to hate the guy, but he's becoming a very good quarterback. Time will tell how far up the QB ladder he climbs, but we certainly haven't much room to talk right now.

- Playdablues is also right with the maintaining success rant. Dallas looks to be headed in the right direction, but win a playoff game this century before you get too high on that horse.

- As bad as it is for the Saints right now (and it's pretty bad), we're not the only ones. The entire league is just ridiculous and parity doesn't even really begin to describe it. Green Bay is 3-0 and just beat a now 1-2 San Diego team whose only win came over a 1-2 Chicago team. Houston is 2-1 and gave Indy a spirited run even without Andre Johnson and Ahman Green. St. Louis's offense is struggling much like the Saints' (as far as unfulfilled expectations), Detroit is 2-1 as is Tampa Bay. Derek Anderson threw 5 touchdowns in one game while Ladanian Tomlinson is averaging 2.3 yards per carry.

Go figure. Oddsmakers in Vegas must be clawing their own eyes out with a toothpick.

- I'm going to officially go on record as subscribing to Steltz's theory of the body snatchers taking our guys. I mean for God's sake, if the rest of the NFL can play the turf-is-slowing-us-down/the-league-feels-sorry-for-the-city conspiracy card almost all of last season, then we can play the alien/government body snatchers conspiracy card this year. It's only fair.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I guess some cowboy fans don't understand that Saints fans don't disappear when the season heads south...I can understand how that's a foreign concept for them.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Maybe there is something to what I've said since before kickoff with the first game last season for the Saints, the NFL, in their infinite wisdom, told the teams on the Saints schedule to play them "softly" and such, so that they'll win, being the first season after Katrina and just getting the Dome open... Basically, all the games last year were "rigged" to one extent or another, and now this year, your seeing what the team really is like.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Maybe there is something to what I've said since before kickoff with the first game last season for the Saints, the NFL, in their infinite wisdom, told the teams on the Saints schedule to play them "softly" and such, so that they'll win, being the first season after Katrina and just getting the Dome open... Basically, all the games last year were "rigged" to one extent or another, and now this year, your seeing what the team really is like.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Actually, it was the second season after Katrina. It was the first season back in New Orleans. That conspiracy would have to stretch along way with guarantees for many, many people that I don't think the NFL could do. I mean, you'd have to guarantee coaches that they'll keep their jobs, you'd have to guarantee players that their performance bonuses wouldn't be affected because they didn't reach certain milestones, etc...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    Haha, yep, basically. It isn't that much of a stretch of the imagination, nor something beyond what the NFL would do if they see a chance to bring some positive light towards them, and make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Actually, it was the second season after Katrina. It was the first season back in New Orleans. That conspiracy would have to stretch along way with guarantees for many, many people that I don't think the NFL could do. I mean, you'd have to guarantee coaches that they'll keep their jobs, you'd have to guarantee players that their performance bonuses wouldn't be affected because they didn't reach certain milestones, etc...
    Exactly. Everything else aside, it would be meteorically idiotic for the league to risk it's legitimacy (the only thing separating it from WWE) so that it could make a few dollars (pennies for the league) off of a Saints marketing campaign after a feel-good season. Considering the amount of people that would have to be involved, there's no way it could be kept under wraps. It makes no sense, and don't tell me they did it out of the goodness of their collective hearts.

Last I checked neither the Jets nor the Giants did that great after 9/11. It's professional sports, there's no way the league takes that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    The 2005 season was the "heartbreak" season, where everything was down...
    The 2006 season was the "redemtion & rebuilding" season, where everything seemed to go right.

And the NFL does have the power to do it...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    The aints had a burial service for their '06 season, maybe they should exhume it.
    I think they should have buried the playbook from last year, too. I think the problem is that everyone had an offseason to study Payton's new, innovative offense. Now, he will have to adjust back. That is the mark of a good pro coach or player, when the other team adjusts to what you are doing, you have to adjust back and execute new plays. I hope they can do it, but they look terrible so far. The Bye week came at a good time, hopefully they can get their heads straight.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I guess some cowboy fans don't understand that Saints fans don't disappear when the season heads south...I can understand how that's a foreign concept for them.
    That is true. There was nary a one in sight for the last decade. All of the sudden, they made the playoffs last year and they rear their ugly heads.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    Exactly. Everything else aside, it would be meteorically idiotic for the league to risk it's legitimacy (the only thing separating it from WWE) so that it could make a few dollars (pennies for the league) off of a Saints marketing campaign after a feel-good season. Considering the amount of people that would have to be involved, there's no way it could be kept under wraps. It makes no sense, and don't tell me they did it out of the goodness of their collective hearts.

Last I checked neither the Jets nor the Giants did that great after 9/11. It's professional sports, there's no way the league takes that chance.
    When it's all said and done, I don't see how the NFL would make any money.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

This is the dumbest argument I have ever heard. The NFL doesn't tell teams to lay down, are you serious? The Saints got off to a good start last year and suprised some people. Their confidence soared and they became a very good team. They can still be a good team they are just not going to sneak up on anyone. They will get everyones best shot. As far as the Cowboys go, I agree it is way too early to start making reservations for Arizona. Every team is one or two key injuries away from losing their whole season. As for jumping on the cowboys bandwagon, I have been on since birth. I suffered through a 3-13 season in '88, 1-15 in '89, and several 5-11 seasons in the late '90's so I am entitled to a little enthusiasm.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Conspiracy maybe, but i'll take it!

Not to sound sappy are over the top but I talked to my folks who live in mandeville about the situation and most people want the team to play better, naturally. Maybe just maybe last year was truly a gift from God for the people to hold on to something and give them hope, the 06 saints did that, and THAT cant be taken away. Last year was a gift from God now its back to reality, its ok.....I"M STILL A WHO DAT!!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

Right Here, and still watching like I always do, or try to do, with the tv turned down and 870am on the radio.

+ Reply to Thread