+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the Saints' fans now?

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Re: Where are all the Saints' fans now?

I've been a Who Dat since birth and will always stay that way. Living in Dallas all you hear is how fans should start making their plans for Arizona. Then again, us Saints fans heard that during the pre-season. Personally, I hated all that hype and if I were Dallas, I wouldn't read too many headlines either right now. I'm not going to take anything away from the cowboys because they are off to a great start and appear to be the team to beat in the NFC at the moment. But their makeup is similar to the Saints last year. Their D hasn't been tested and when it was, it was bailed out by the offense...i.e. NY Giants in week one. Manning torched them. Our best defense was our offense last year and Dallas seems very similar in that regard.

I'm not ready to officially call it a season. If you're looking for something positive to cling to, 2 of their 3 losses have been against the AFC. Which means they're still in it, mathmatically, in the NFC. But it's going to be tough for them to right this thing. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I still believe that their future is bright. They have a talented core of young players to build around. It's just going to take some time to build this team to where it can take it to the next level. Yes, our history shows that we have never been able to build on anything. I have faith in GM, Mickey Loomis. I'm somewhat concerned about Coach P, but he's learning on the job too. And I'm confident he will continue to build up this franchise along with Loomis. You cannot underestimate the eye for talent Coach P has. He did find Romo.

Adversity can make you stronger if you face it and and take it on. This team has the chemistry and the leadership to weather this storm. It might not translate into a winning season this year but help build on the foundation that was started last year.

Keep the faith, fellow Who Dats!! Just like we are with our Dogs, keep the faith. The Dogs are going to be fine and so will the SAINTS!!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit to being a big bandwagon Saint fan. I keep up with what they are doing but I will not let it ruin my day/week/month/season if they don't perform. I also don't have any other pro team I follow.

The Dawgs on the other hand can ruin my day/week if they don't play well.

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

[quote=Bigdog13;520597]You act like he chokes all the time. He muffed a snap once. Thats it. It happens. A little too early in his career to label him a choker. And BTW he is playing a hell of a lot better than Brees.

Although if you want to call someone that Rex Grossman is always available.[/quot

He has one super fine Girlfriend

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    The 2005 season was the "heartbreak" season, where everything was down...
    The 2006 season was the "redemtion & rebuilding" season, where everything seemed to go right.

And the NFL does have the power to do it...
    Even if they do, they do not have the motivation. The NFL wants the Saints to move to L.A. Granted, they need the L.A. folks to get off their duff and get a stadium somewhere, but when they do, they are going to want a team there -- and the Saints are the most logical one. The "charm story" from last year just makes the NFL look that much worse if the Saints move quickly.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

The 2005 season was the "heartbreak" season, where everything was down...
    The 2006 season was the "redemtion & rebuilding" season, where everything seemed to go right.

And the NFL does have the power to do it...
    you and suckupdawg need to get together and form a conspiracy club.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Did I hear correctly this morning that Brees' back up is out with a fractured arm? Tim, call the Saints quick!!!! They need you!

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Did I hear correctly this morning that Brees' back up is out with a fractured arm? Tim, call the Saints quick!!!! They need you!

The only fractured arm I know of is that of the Saints' RCB, Jason David. Brees's backup is Jamie Martin, who hasn't seen any playing time since the last preseason game.

Varsity Bulldog East Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the earsEast Coast Dawg seems to have something between the ears East Coast Dawg's Avatar

It has been an exercise in frustration being a Saints fan. It seems that since the return for a touchdown of the opening kickoff of the Saints very first game that it has been mostly downhill from there. But I and most Saints fans I know have perservered aand will continue to do so until the "Saints do go marching in".

As for us Saints fans/Cowboy haters our enjoymment of the Cowboys demise will continue as long as their owner sees himself as the second coming of Vince Lombardi or Tom Landry

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post

The only fractured arm I know of is that of the Saints' RCB, Jason David. Brees's backup is Jamie Martin, who hasn't seen any playing time since the last preseason game.
    I wondered if I heard that correctly. I was getting ready for work and listening with one ear. Tim should call them anyway. They still need him!
    You gotta love the Saints!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Still here and have been since Fears, Moore, Manning, Dempsey etal -

In my book cheering for the Cowboys is on equal footing as cheering for the LSU Tigers -

And if forced to pick at gun point I would have to go with the purple and gold -
    AMEN!!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there is something to what I've said since before kickoff with the first game last season for the Saints, the NFL, in their infinite wisdom, told the teams on the Saints schedule to play them "softly" and such, so that they'll win, being the first season after Katrina and just getting the Dome open... Basically, all the games last year were "rigged" to one extent or another, and now this year, your seeing what the team really is like.

That is a stupid theory and one that would never hold up. You don't think players would leak that? You think players are going out there and playing soft when their job is on the line each week based on their performance? GET REAL WITH YOURSELF

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Romo is good so far, yes, but he choked in his only postseason performance, so until he wins a playoff game, that is what he'll be remembered for. Yes, he's outplaying Brees right now but to put Brees in the same sentence with Grossman is flat out ignorant. 3 bad games to start a season and all of the sudden he's the worst QB in the league? IMO, and it's been stated, the offensive line is the problem. Peyton Manning's numbers would suck playing behind our O-line this year...

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

I still love the Saints... I was with them with Bobby hebert, Wade Wilson Aaron Brooks, and now Drew Breese

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I guess some cowboy fans don't understand that Saints fans don't disappear when the season heads south...I can understand how that's a foreign concept for them.
    I'll check the attendance at the Superdome at the end of this year and we will see if that statement holds water. Remember this is a Tech board. The Tech fans on this board are incredibly loyal and it only stands to reason that they are loyal with their pro teams as well. Don't forget though that LSU fans are not loyal and quite a few Saints fans are LSU fans too. :icon_wink:
    Last edited by Bigdog13; 09-26-2007 at 04:08 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Still here and have been since Fears, Moore, Manning, Dempsey etal -

In my book cheering for the Cowboys is on equal footing as cheering for the LSU Tigers -

And if forced to pick at gun point I would have to go with the purple and gold -
    IF you are or were from N.O. that argument makes sense. Other than that you live in America, so there is nothing wrong with cheering for Americas team.

"Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen! "
    [Leads the Cowboy fans out of the hearing, all humming the Star-Spangled Banner]

+ Reply to Thread