+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson Completes Staff with Former Techster Star - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Dawson Completes Staff with Former Techster Star - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach Sarah Dawson announced Tuesday that former Lady Techster star Amber Miles has returned to work as an ...

More...

Discuss it here.

Puppy scballer07 is on the way down scballer07's Avatar

Re: Dawson Completes Staff with Former Techster Star - latechsports.com

ha.....what a joke

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by scballer07 View Post
    ha.....what a joke
    What's a joke? Amber?

Bulldog BigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around hereBigDawgBacker has turned a few heads around here BigDawgBacker's Avatar

Amber is a very pleasant young woman that has a lot of softball information to pass on. She loves softball and has the respect of all of the members of the softball team that I have talked to and seems to be working very hard to contribute to the improvment of the team.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Amber will be a tremendous asset as a coach just as she was as a player. No other player had as much impact as Amber in the four years she played at Tech. She has sacrificed a potentially big career as a journalist to return to the school and game she loves.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    Amber will be a tremendous asset as a coach just as she was as a player. No other player had as much impact as Amber in the four years she played at Tech. She has sacrificed a potentially big career as a journalist to return to the school and game she loves.
    Either you are talking about off field contributions or you are clueless about Tech softball. I can name 10 players who did more on the field than she did. I am not knocking her, I am just saying that you need to do some research. Help me with this one, What impact did she have? They never won while she was there.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Either you are talking about off field contributions or you are clueless about Tech softball. I can name 10 players who did more on the field than she did. I am not knocking her, I am just saying that you need to do some research. Help me with this one, What impact did she have? They never won while she was there.
    I know a little about Tech softball, having attended every home game during the past six years and traveled to many away games with them. My post referred to the four years Amber played. As a leader and as a player, she had the greatest impact in those four years. Her role as the leader on the team was evident to anyone watching the games. The stats speak for themselves regarding her performance on the field. As far as winning, that takes a team effort.
    Last edited by roughedge; 09-27-2007 at 10:57 PM.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

I know a little about Tech softball, having attended every home game during the past six years and traveled to many away games with them. My post referred to the four years Amber played. As a leader and as a player, she had the greatest impact in those four years. Her role as the leader on the team was evident to anyone watching the games. The stats speak for themselves regarding her performance on the field. As far as winning, that takes a team effort.
    Yeah I agree. I think if you look at the four years Amber played at Tech, you could say two who contributed as much on the field as her was either Brittany Stanley or Marla Pinkston. Amber and Brittany were two really good slappers. Those two were a double threat because they were the leadoff and number 2 hitters. You paid for it if you walked them because they were so quick.

I think Amber is going to add a lot to this program. She is a very hard worker and has a great personality. It's also a good to have 3 coaches who have had professional playing experience as well. I know that being a good player does not necessarily equate into being a good coach. I will state that before someone else states it for me. However, it is still something that I think is good to see.

Varsity Bulldog LostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around hereLostInOzBulldog has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by scballer07 View Post
    ha.....what a joke
    WTF?
    Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -- by Jack Handy

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Ok, I can agree with that. Again, I wasn't trying to bash Amber, but there have been a lot of great Techseter players.

Puppy techex05 is an unknown techex05's Avatar

amber may be a good player...but a good player does NOT necessarily equal a good coach....a prime example of that is coach dawson herself. and in the past there have been several very commendable players who have ALSO failed to be good coaches, at least for the louisiana tech softball team. amber may know a lot about the game but in the end she's not the all high and mighty of college softball. anyone from a championship (or even winning) team would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by techex05 View Post
    amber may be a good player...but a good player does NOT necessarily equal a good coach....a prime example of that is coach dawson herself. and in the past there have been several very commendable players who have ALSO failed to be good coaches, at least for the louisiana tech softball team. amber may know a lot about the game but in the end she's not the all high and mighty of college softball. anyone from a championship (or even winning) team would know that.
    Who are you referring to?

[quote=techex05;523584]amber may be a good player...but a good player does NOT necessarily equal a good coach....a prime example of that is coach dawson herself. and in the past there have been several very commendable players who have ALSO failed to be good coaches, at least for the louisiana tech softball team. amber may know a lot about the game but in the end she's not the all high and mighty of college softball. anyone from a championship (or even winning) team would know that.[/quote]

I don't think anyone ever said that Amber was the all high and mighty of college softball. The DePaul Demons hired an all high and mighty of college softball. I am not saying who they hired is THE all high and mighty of college softball, but this person knows a thing or two about it. If you know as much as you think you know about college softball, I will just go ahead and think you know who I am talking about, but I am sure you will google it to find out.

I have been around many championship teams, and I think Amber would be a tremendous asset to have. She has one of the best personalities and can get along with anyo, she was a pretty good player, and knows a lot about the game. I can't believe that there has been such negativity towards her. I don't think anyone ever said she is going to be the ANSWER to the softball program, but she will do a good job for them.

Puppy hilltopper is on the way down

10 C Dawg- You have it right on the money but forgot one thing......Amber will be a GREAT softball coach for LA tECH. She is a wonderful person that sweats tech Blue and Red, wants to be in coaching, was a GREAT player, and my money is bet on that she will be a better coach.
    Amber Miles+ Tech Softball=better things for Softball.
    She can only make the coaching staff better.

Quote Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
    10 C Dawg- You have it right on the money but forgot one thing......Amber will be a GREAT softball coach for LA tECH. She is a wonderful person that sweats tech Blue and Red, wants to be in coaching, was a GREAT player, and my money is bet on that she will be a better coach.
    Amber Miles+ Tech Softball=better things for Softball.
    She can only make the coaching staff better.
    Agreed.

+ Reply to Thread