+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any news from fall practice?

Bulldog baseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around here baseballfan's Avatar

Any news from fall practice?

With the fall practice started, any news on who looks in condition and who took off the summer?

Any great surprises with the new players or guys who did not get much playing time last year and if they can step up this year?

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

Re: Any news from fall practice?

I heard the older pitchers aren't throwing till this week, so we will find out whos looking good. The newer guys threw last week I believe and have looked pretty good from what ive heard.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Did Casey Jones throw in practice this week? I haven't talked to his dad in three weeks.

Puppy rondawg is an unknown

Ate supper next to a couple of baseball players last night. Asked them how the intersquads had been going and who had been looking good. Aub, I also asked them about Casy Jones, they said he was throwing o.k. but it might take some time before he's back 100%. The pitchers they mentioned were Luke, Notts,Lorio,Lazzare and the freshman from Jesuit(can't remember his name), all had been throwing good. Guys who had been hitting well : Wynn, Cobb, D. Thomas, Gruenwall, Ewing, Jamelle(?) and PT(they said he hit a ball over the scoreboard in a game), Kerston and Bunting. They said everyones been playing well and that this should be a very good year. They start the fall world series in a couple of weeks and invited everyone to come watch. They were also very excited about conf tournament being in Ruston.

You missed one hitter thats also hitting very well, Bohannan. The hitters I saw driving the ball were Albie and Bohannan. Those two players swing a very strong bat and stand out.

Cobb, PT and Grenwell all hit homers the days I took in practice. The longest HR I've seen to date is Bohannan's oppo bomb. The main issue is that the pitchers are only throwing fast balls. As they mix in second and third pitches is where the real story will unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by tellmesomethingidontknow View Post
    You missed one hitter thats also hitting very well, Bohannan. The hitters I saw driving the ball were Albie and Bohannan. Those two players swing a very strong bat and stand out.

Cobb, PT and Grenwell all hit homers the days I took in practice. The longest HR I've seen to date is Bohannan's oppo bomb. The main issue is that the pitchers are only throwing fast balls. As they mix in second and third pitches is where the real story will unfold.
    I was wondering if Bohannan came back. He had a great fall but didn't play much in the spring. When are the next games? Hopefully they'll play this weekend so I can see for myself. Can't wait till spring!!!!BTW, Who is the frosh pitcher from Jesuit?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Any news from fall practice?

Quote Originally Posted by rondawg View Post
    I was wondering if Bohannan came back. He had a great fall but didn't play much in the spring. When are the next games? Hopefully they'll play this weekend so I can see for myself. Can't wait till spring!!!!BTW, Who is the frosh pitcher from Jesuit?
    Michael LeBreton is the LHP from New Orleans Jesuit HS. It looks like he had a lot of success at the HS level. In the state playoffs he got two wins in two days throwing 192 pitches What was his coach thinking? Bradshaw & Lassere are two lefties we can count on this year. We'll soon see how the two new lefties coming in ( LaBreton & Jefferson) can adjust to division 1 hitters. We have four solid righties this year with Luke, Jericho, Moseley, & Lorio. Bohanon was the hottest hitter last fall but I think he had some sort of leg injury that messed up his swing in the spring. The world series games start the last Friday of October (27th). If anyone catches a scrimmage give us a report if you can.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Knotts will possibly be in mix as well for key role as he has continued to improve & velocity up. Anderson will pitch some as well. Bradshaw now beginning to show improvement & more velocity in his second fall. Early view is quality depth and competition for 3-7 spots on staff for this coming season. Naturally, with pitching this is good as you always have 1 or 2 guys fighting some type of arm soreness or injury in the Spring.

You need to anticipate several freshman pitchers on no athletic aid or very little athletic aid to redshirt with more arms and experience ahead of them.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Thanks, Rondog.

So whats the latest from the north:

Every year there is one team that represents the projected starting line up in the fall workouts. Can anyone give the name and positions with the batting order that they have seen to date?

Whats the latest with Jerico Jones? I keep waiting to hear he's back working out, throwing and hitting.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Any news from fall practice?

Every year there is one team that represents the projected starting line up in the fall workouts. Can anyone give the name and positions with the batting order that they have seen to date?

Whats the latest with Jerico Jones? I keep waiting to hear he's back working out, throwing and hitting.
    Jericho is making progress in rehab.He takes batting practice on the field and in the cages,and has thrown a few bullpen sessions from flat ground.'He has not played in a scrimmage yet.
    I expect he will at least DH in the upcoming Tech world series (Fri Oct 26 thru Sun Nov 4 ) The seniors usually go over to coach Sim's house a few days before the world series to hold a draft to decide who plays for each team.

Puppy BB LaDawg is an unknown BB LaDawg's Avatar

So we want to start speculating so early? Okay --

Starting defensive lineup (with no guess as to batting order):

1st – Albie Goulder
    2nd – Kevin Winn
    SS – Nick Grunenwald
    3rd – Chris Kersten
    LF – Patrick Thomas
    CF – Adam Cobb
    RF – Chris Bohannan
    C – Matt Combs
    DH – Drew Bunting

I heard the following as to how many home runs these guys have hit so far this fall:

Chris Kersten (5)
    Kevin Winn (3)
    Matt Combs (3)
    Patrick Thomas (1 or 2)
    The others have all hit at least one home run.

I don't have the scoop on pitching other than the obvious (Luke and Dylan).

Great start. I hope we keep up the good work. I can't wait for the World Series! Go Bulldogs!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

A projected lineup without Jericho is not worth reading.

Puppy BB LaDawg is an unknown BB LaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    A projected lineup without Jericho is not worth reading.
    I am only being realistic with what we have seen so far this fall. Jericho is an injured player who has not been able to participate. When that changes -- so may my predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by BB LaDawg View Post
    I am only being realistic with what we have seen so far this fall. Jericho is an injured player who has not been able to participate. When that changes -- so may my predictions.

The one scrimmage I saw, J Jones was not dressed out and didn't look to be moving very well. I hate for him to miss the fall workouts.

+ Reply to Thread