+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any news from fall practice?

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Any news from fall practice?

Quote Originally Posted by BB LaDawg View Post
    So we want to start speculating so early? Okay --

Starting defensive lineup (with no guess as to batting order):

1st – Albie Goulder
    2nd – Kevin Winn
    SS – Nick Grunenwald
    3rd – Chris Kersten
    LF – Patrick Thomas
    CF – Adam Cobb
    RF – Chris Bohannan
    C – Matt Combs
    DH – Drew Bunting

I heard the following as to how many home runs these guys have hit so far this fall:

Chris Kersten (5)
    Kevin Winn (3)
    Matt Combs (3)
    Patrick Thomas (1 or 2)
    The others have all hit at least one home run.

I don't have the scoop on pitching other than the obvious (Luke and Dylan).

Great start. I hope we keep up the good work. I can't wait for the World Series! Go Bulldogs!
    I think Kersten will help us a lot this year at 3b and with his bat.I think our team home run totals for this upcoming season will be considerably less than last season after losing Rike,Dennis,Courtney,& Hudson.Jericho will be a large factor in our lineup. There are 4 more months to get ready for the Feb 22nd opener, so many division 1 teams are holding out players during fall workouts to get them fully healed up.If anyone catches a scrimmage this weekend,give us an update if you can.

Puppy rondawg is an unknown

Re: Any news from fall practice?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    I think Kersten will help us a lot this year at 3b and with his bat.I think our team home run totals for this upcoming season will be considerably less than last season after losing Rike,Dennis,Courtney,& Hudson.Jericho will be a large factor in our lineup. There are 4 more months to get ready for the Feb 22nd opener, so many division 1 teams are holding out players during fall workouts to get them fully healed up.If anyone catches a scrimmage this weekend,give us an update if you can.

I think you are right about Kersten, big potential. We did lose some good guys, all contributed greatly. I think this team has the chance to be very good, different type of team, will have to run more, bunt more and hit and run more but thats REAL baseball!! One of my biggest concerns is pitching depth with the four game series. Coaching will be more important this year than ever before. I wouldn't want to have to devise a pitching rotation for a four game series, wow, especially on the road with a 25 man roster. We did lose alot of power but I think guys like KWinn, Kersten,PT,Bohannan, with Albie and hopefully JJ can take up the slack. I don't think we'll see any of them hit 20 bombs but I'll take 5-9 from each of them.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

My early projection for batting order I am loading up the first 5 slots with players with high on base percentages ( PT,Bunting,& Kersten), and the top rbi players (Albie & Jericho). 1.PT in lf 2.Bunting DH 3. Jericho rf 4.Albie 1b 5.Kersten 3b 6.Grunenwald ss 7.Cobb cf 8.Winn 2b 9.Combs c. That splits our lineup with power in the 1st half and small ball in the bottom half of the order. Another idea is to mix the power guys in with the small ball guys so we could utilize our speed guys ( PT, Cobb, & Grunenwald ) better. We just need to get Grunenwald & Cobb on base a higher percentage of the time. This is a different kind of team than we had last year but with enormous potential. The coaches have a large task to make the right moves to get this freight train rollin in the right direction. Anyone else have any ideas on the batting order?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    My early projection for batting order I am loading up the first 5 slots with players with high on base percentages ( PT,Bunting,& Kersten), and the top rbi players (Albie & Jericho). 1.PT in lf 2.Bunting DH 3. Jericho rf 4.Albie 1b 5.Kersten 3b 6.Grunenwald ss 7.Cobb cf 8.Winn 2b 9.Combs c. That splits our lineup with power in the 1st half and small ball in the bottom half of the order. Another idea is to mix the power guys in with the small ball guys so we could utilize our speed guys ( PT, Cobb, & Grunenwald ) better. We just need to get Grunenwald & Cobb on base a higher percentage of the time. This is a different kind of team than we had last year but with enormous potential. The coaches have a large task to make the right moves to get this freight train rollin in the right direction. Anyone else have any ideas on the batting order?
    Just for fun: 1-Cobb 2-Gruenwald 3-PT 4-Albie 5- Kersten 6- Bunting 7- KWinn 8- JJ? or Bohannan ( JJ if healthy and hitting) 9- Combs or whoever catching. I'm sure we'll see alot of different lineups early before Sim decides on just one. If JJ can return to his 2006 form minus the K's then he'll definately be in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by rondawg View Post
    Just for fun: 1-Cobb 2-Gruenwald 3-PT 4-Albie 5- Kersten 6- Bunting 7- KWinn 8- JJ? or Bohannan ( JJ if healthy and hitting) 9- Combs or whoever catching. I'm sure we'll see alot of different lineups early before Sim decides on just one. If JJ can return to his 2006 form minus the K's then he'll definately be in the top 5.
    That's a good veteran lineup with a lot of speed ( except for Bunting,Bohanon, & Combs ),so I hope our coaches utilize it wisely and put the pressure on the pitchers & the defense. There is a good possibility of losing our top 4 pitchers to the draft in June ( Burnett,Jones,Moseley, & Lorio ), so it will be a goal to get some game experience for the underclassmen pitchers to fill their spots for nex't year. We'll also be losing Cobb,Bunting, & Goulder so they will have to groom some players to fill their spots.This appears to be the season to make a big run. I sure hope so. GO DAWGS !!!

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

It sounds like Jones better step it up to get drafted after last years season and being injured right now, but hopefully it will work out for him to step up this year and help us out and also get drafted! Also I think Lorio is a senior so he'll be gone anyways.

Puppy latechsports! is an unknown

I heard JJones did well his first day back with a homer and a few hits!!! Great start!!

Quote Originally Posted by latechsports! View Post
    I heard JJones did well his first day back with a homer and a few hits!!! Great start!!
    That's great......keep the reports coming !!!!! I hear that Michael LeBreton has been looking good this fall on the mound and could get some serious playing time come spring.

Anyone catch the intersquads this weekend? I heard that Kersten hit another dinger giving him 6 or 7 for the fall so far. Don't forget that the fall blue vs grey world series starts this coming weekend.

Puppy Sportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really niceSportsman is just really nice Sportsman's Avatar

Does anyone know the game times for the Blue/Grey Series?

Puppy BB LaDawg is an unknown BB LaDawg's Avatar

I believe the weekend games are:

Fri 6:00pm
    Sat 3:00pm
    Sun 1:00pm

Not sure about the mid-week games.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

arghhh! i was afraid they would schedule the saturday game during football game time. although, listening to a football game while watching a baseball game might be fun…

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    A projected lineup without Jericho is not worth reading.

How much does Jericho weigh this year? Surely he gained some weight with you hangin from his nuts like that.

Eek Re: Any news from fall practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    How much does Jericho weigh this year? Surely he gained some weight with you hangin from his nuts like that.
    ouch !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Come on Chris, give Doc a break, he's just got a little "man crush" on JJ. Seriously we need JJ to return to form for us to be a good team this year. I think he's playing in the world series so we can see his progress.

+ Reply to Thread