+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't know about everyone else...

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Re: I don't know about everyone else...

Quote Originally Posted by MattEE View Post
    We have a great coach and are on our way to good things, but it does take time. That said I see us winning 6 or 7 games this year. Unrelated question mildawg do you work for Weyerhauser or know a guy named Alan Ashcraft from Tech?

Thanks

Matthew Bellott EI
    B.S. Electrical Engineering 2005
    No, I can't say that I know Alan. Is that someone who lives in this area (about 50 miles from DC)? Although I live in WV, I work in northern Virginia. I would be very interested in hooking up with some fellow Tech folks in the area -- I am easy to spot on the roadway with my Tech license plate and State "T" helmet sticker on my back glass.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    In part, I agree with you. But really, when we smoked Fresno in 05, did Tech get credit or was the focus on the FSU meltdown?

My point is, we need to be bold...like FAU or UCF or Memphis. We need to state our goal is to be a TOP athletic program...AT ANY LEVEL. And, we need a specific plan to get us there. IMO, if we had a detailed plan a few years ago, we would be in CUSA today (whether or not that would be a good thing is another discussion). I'm tired of excuses and I want to see the administration capitalize on the "fresh-start" we've got going on right now.
    Oh, no. I absolutely agree. But what you are talking about is a long-term pursuit that will take time to build. I am simply talking about the "here and now," not conference affiliations or administration shortcomings. I am just sick and tired of being talked about as though we're another 3-10 team this year. When those guys were talking about our game with Hawaii, there was no mention of our improvement under a new coach. There was no mention of our new offensive coordinator, who installed a new offense, which kept the Hawaii defense on its heels all night. Rather, it was "Hawaii's defense sucks because Louisiana Tech was able to score 44 points." Of course, that's a paraphrase, but is essentially what was said.

I don't believe that at all. I've watched, played, and coached a lot of football in my life, and I can say with a relative amount of certainty that we are greatly improved from last year. I honestly don't see us losing more than 2 more games. We played OK versus a legitimate Top 10 program our last time out. With a little better QB play, we would have made a game out of it. Our defense is much improved and our offense is much less predictable. I think we can make some serious noise in the conference -- we are not a "cellar dweller" like the media would have you believe.

My only point in beginning this thread was to say that we can make enough of an impact THIS YEAR to stop being mentioned with the "also rans" of college football. Just a few years ago, we were mentioned as potential "landmine" games for the big boys. Now, we're mentioned as a preferred homecoming opponent. The culture is changing and Dooley has had an immediate impact.

As for your point, which is a set of long-term goals (moving to a better regional conference, having an administration committed to athletics), this coaching staff is a step in the right direction. From the improvement of the locker rooms to the Nike contract and new floor in the TAC -- we are moving in the right direction. But as far as this year's football team -- and seniors -- are concerned, I want us to make a run toward a bowl game over the next 4 weeks. I believe, based on what I've seen, that we can do it.

I'm so confident that we CAN make it that I'm already saving for the plane tickets, hotel, and game tickets... the wife is already on notice that I may be gone during the holidays. I just hope our boys can prove me right and it needs to start Saturday night in Fresno, California.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

WIN games on the football field and everything else will take of itself.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I don't feel dissed. I think his point is that if you are going to make a run at a BCS bowl than you should beat a team that you are a 28 point favorite by more than a missed two point conversion. Yes Tech might be better than expected but Hawaii has two 1aa teams on their schedule and don't make a statement against a Louisiana Tech team that was picked close to the bottom. California sure made that statement. His comments were dead on. It was more a diss on them than us. It was their time to shine and they failed to do so.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Just win in Fresno and our image will change. People will start saying"well this is a much improved team that almost beat a ranked Hawai'i team. We are improved but we still have alot to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    Just win in Fresno and our image will change. People will start saying"well this is a much improved team that almost beat a ranked Hawai'i team. We are improved but we still have alot to prove.

Exactly. That was the point of my starting this thread. Just win and shut everyone up.

Puppy FSDogs1 isn't thought very highly of around hereFSDogs1 isn't thought very highly of around here

I agree. It's absurd to say Hawaii should fall from the rankings because La Tech played a heckuva game in Ruston. La Tech has a history of playing teams close and is brave enough to schedule big (you know the Fresno State fans can respect that). The announcers should have been talking about how SCARED Boise State is to schedule big and how despite the Fiesta win last year they've only beaten one BCS-conf. school on the road EVER.

I think you guys have a lot of talented young athletes, similar to Fresno State, but I do have to pick our 'Dogs for the win.

www.BulldogBounce.blogspot.com

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I don't feel dissed. I think his point is that if you are going to make a run at a BCS bowl than you should beat a team that you are a 28 point favorite by more than a missed two point conversion. Yes Tech might be better than expected but Hawaii has two 1aa teams on their schedule and don't make a statement against a Louisiana Tech team that was picked close to the bottom. California sure made that statement. His comments were dead on. It was more a diss on them than us. It was their time to shine and they failed to do so.

I'm with you on this one. We are essentially another 3-10 team until we prove otherwise. Our only win to date this season is against UCA. If we win, everything will take care of itself.

We also can put all the responsibility on Oakes and Dooley. Did you see the attendance at Boise's game. When are we going to sell out a game like that?? You think Fowler and co don't know that we have never sold our stadium out?? They know. They'll also know when we do it for the first tim, if they're not dead before it happens. It takes participation from the fans as well.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am will Mildawg on this one. It is time we got a little respect. It is obvious that we have to earn it, but that Hawaii game was about TECH playing big, not Hawaii sucking. Hawaii proved that in their other games. Time for us to prove that tomorrow night.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by persnickety View Post
    We also can put all the responsibility on Oakes and Dooley. Did you see the attendance at Boise's game. When are we going to sell out a game like that?? You think Fowler and co don't know that we have never sold our stadium out?? They know. They'll also know when we do it for the first tim, if they're not dead before it happens. It takes participation from the fans as well.
    Tech has sold the stadium out before, if I'm not mistaken. The older generation may remember the last time, or all of them even, but The Joe Aillet Stadium has had some sell outs.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    It's more of him just being a doofus. He played for SMU.
    About as big a doofus as Skip Ballis. He stated that he'd take the PAC 10 over the SEC.

I don't have a problem if you have a good arguement either way, but he stated that Oregon, Cal, Arizona State and maybe UCLA are all better than at least 10 of the SEC teams. He said the top is clearly in favor of the PAC 10 and still even in the bottom tier.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    We NEED to stomp a mudhole in Fresno's ass on Saturday and then continue the momentum through Ole Miss, NMSU, and Boise.
    Ahhh...quotes like this remind me of why I love football season.

Varsity Bulldog Buck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the earsBuck Magnum seems to have something between the ears Buck Magnum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    ...but I'm sick of our team being used as a punchline. Tonight during the Boise game, Craig James, Doug Flutie, and Chris Fowler were discussing whether Hawaii should be ranked in the Top 25. They each mentioned dropping Hawaii from the rankings because of the close game they played at Louisiana Tech. (In addition, everyone is picking us to get beat by at least 2 touchdowns on Saturday.) Based on last season's record, I could understand this line of thinking. We've done nothing to this point to give anyone a reason to respect us and erase the memory of the 3-10 record in 2006. But I fully believe that it was not a matter of Hawaii playing a poor game, rather the fact that we played well and are a much better team than last year.

We need to go out and make a statement against Fresno and then go on a run through the next few games. We've fallen so far off the national radar that we're being regarded in the same company as the Buffalo's, Temple's, and ULL's -- if we play anyone close or, heaven forbid, we beat them, then they weren't any good or we got lucky. We have TALENT on this team. That's one thing I would never downgrade JBIII about. He recruited some good players. Now, with coaching and a serious attitude adjustment, these players are becoming a good team. There's no reason we shouldn't go bowling THIS year. But more than anything, I really want to shut up these BCS excuse-mongering talking heads who talk about us like a DII team. We NEED to stomp a mudhole in Fresno's ass on Saturday and then continue the momentum through Ole Miss, NMSU, and Boise. I believe we can do just that. I also believe Dooley and company have our players believing the same thing.
    I like Fowler alright

Flutie because he rubbed JB3's junk

James is a moron.

All Tech can do is shut the critics up......hard.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    WIN games on the football field and everything else will take of itself.
    Um, no, and for the correct answer I refer you to your own website. :icon_wink:

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

I saw the game and I couldn't believe how La Tech was trashed. Didn't Hawaii just hose UNLV? And the weekend before that, didn't UNLV do a number on a pretty good team? Totally rediculous. I know if we would have done better against Cal, we would have a little respect. Still, totally rediculous!!!

+ Reply to Thread