View Poll Results: Do you like logo idea from bigred?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 0.85%
  • No

112 94.92%
  • Thinking about it.

5 4.24%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What to you think? LaTech Logo

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: What to you think? LaTech Logo

By "most recognized", I don't think they mean "most popular"...I think it's "identifiable". Not sure if that's accurate or not, but it is a great logo.

As for the original poster...I ask this in all seriousness....are you high?

Puppy TRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTRexDawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I thought Michigan's M or Michigan State's S or the Penn State Logo would be more identifiable then Tech's. I do agree it's a kick ass logo, but I think some of your guys are delusional.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRexDawg View Post
    Is it really the most recognized and best logo in college sports?

Maybe not most recognized (yet), but is most assuredly the best.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I thought Michigan's M or Michigan State's S or the Penn State Logo would be more identifiable then Tech's. I do agree it's a kick ass logo, but I think some of your guys are delusional.
    You don't score very high on reading comprehenion test do you?

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    You're joking right?
    Is that really being sold at the bookstore?
    Have you been to the Bookstore lately? They have ALL kinds of patterns and styles but if you are looking for tradition then you are nearly in the wrong place.

I went in there before the UCA game to get a nice Blue ball cap with the State T logo that we all love - Blue State/ Red T. Well they had plenty of caps but they were either in wrong colors (red state/white T or blue state/white T) or the cap styles were all strange or funky. About the closest thing was in a childs size. This doesn't even cover the racks full of clothes that you just wouldn't wear.

I don't understand where you would EVER go wrong getting traditional looking stuff. I don't want to ask anyone in charge at the bookstore because all the way back to the 90's the answers have always been backwards or just inconsistent with meeting what consumers demand. I just didn't feel like getting mad.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    By "most recognized", I don't think they mean "most popular"...I think it's "identifiable". Not sure if that's accurate or not, but it is a great logo.
    I can attest that it is not widely recognized outside of Louisiana and border states. down in South Florida when I would wear my Tech visor people usually assumed that I was wearing some alternate color stuff for Texas one time was even during the UF-Tech game...and I went to the bar that hosts the Broward Country Gator Club...they didn't even know the logo for the team they were playing AT THAT MOMENT! of course these were gator fans so it shouldn't be a surprise they were morons.

that being said, it is a great logo. all we gotta do is win and more people will recognize it. I bet that very few people in Tuscaloosa think that is a Texas logo

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I think what they mean is that with our logo, even if you are here in Georgia, California, Washington- most anyone can look just at our logo and automatically know who we are and they may not even be into college sports.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Is it really the most recognized and best logo in college sports?
    So how much red did you get for that comment?

I think our logo being so recognizable may be because the lack of vision in the administration. Just look at the below site and see all these BcS schools with 10, 12, even 15 different logos over the years. While it list Tech as having 2 and the second one is the same just outlined in black instead of white (I don't think that ever was a logo). So while our logo looks great it is also so regognizable because it's the only one we've had for almost 40 years.
    http://www.sportslogos.net/sport.php?s=6

IMO, Northwestern State has the second best logo.

[quote=garddawg;522009]I don't understand where you would EVER go wrong getting traditional looking stuff.[quote]

One thing that really bugs the cr*p out of me is when you ask a manager or sales person 'Do you have anymore of these (traditional) items?" And they're reply is "Oh, those things Sell Out or Sold Out."

If you have something that is constantly selling out then that means people like it and want to buy more of it so why don't you buy truckloads of it?

"Oh well we then wouldn't have room to put all the other stuff that doesn't sell."- Of course they didn't say this but its just the typical wrong feeling you get when your in there.

Puppy bigred has turned a few heads around herebigred has turned a few heads around here

Okay, okay I get the message. Just curious. Love your photo qng001. It is a kick ask logo. And yes I hate when the school stores sell so called offical logo wear in THE WRONG COLORS! What are they thinking? Nothing beats loyal fans. Now let's beat them Fresno Poodles! Go LaTech the REAL Bulldogs!!!!!!!

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    Have you been to the Bookstore lately? They have ALL kinds of patterns and styles but if you are looking for tradition then you are nearly in the wrong place.
    The marketing gurus have a name for it. They call it "The Personalization of America". It's happening in everything from gum, to sodas, to clothes, even to vehicals (you can design a car just for you online now!) it's everywhere! A easy way to look at it is in the soda, Coke specifically, market. I remember when they brought out Diet Coke. Major culture shock. Then they brought out "New" Coke and almost killed their own business. But now look at how many different "Coke" flavors they have. Or look at Moutian Dew the last few years. That IS what the young market wants and the young market doesn't mind speading mommy & daddy's money to get exactly what they want.

BTW, I am not defending it. IMO it sucks because it raises the cost of everything.
    What was it that Henry Ford said? "You can have what ever color model T you want. As long as you want Black!" (or something like that)

bigred, what "Other Conference School" are you a "fan" of?

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I think our logo being so recognizable may be because the lack of vision in the administration.
    This might be the one and only time ever in the history of sports administration and marketing that lack of vision and actions has been beneficial. It is very true that our logo has not changed in decades and that is awesome.

That being said, even though we have a great and recognizable logo, our administrations needs to market the heck out of that sucker.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

OK, I am going out on a limb here. I understand the arguments for heritage, but I think from a purely marketing standpoint the logo should drop the map of the Louisiana. I think the map could isolate marketing to alumni and residents of Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    OK, I am going out on a limb here. I understand the arguments for heritage, but I think from a purely marketing standpoint the logo should drop the map of the Louisiana. I think the map could isolate marketing to alumni and residents of Louisiana.
    NO!
    To overcome that issue you simply need another logo, say with a unique (nongeneric) bulldawg? This is a "branding" issue that can be fixed WITHOUT messing with the "state T" logo. As I pointed out earlier, most schools have multiple logos.

+ Reply to Thread