+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cub Fans

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Cub Fans

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Congratulations, Cubs fans. I'm pulling for your team to make it to the World Series. I'll pull for them to win the Series unless they are playing the Indians.
    Two Like Minds, HoDo. I've been a Cubs fan ever since I (in person) saw Ernie Banks hit a homerun at Wrigley Field that went plumb out of the stadium, landed in the street, and bounced high enough to be spotted again.

Always, first, been an Indians fan, tho; after watching Herb Score & Co. pitch in Shreveport way back yonder whenever -- I'm thinking I was in early grade school then ?? Ah, it was Bob Feller, Bob Lemon, Early Wynn, and Herb Score (Damn, he was fast for a lefty). Good ol' Days ! !
    Last edited by nadB; 10-02-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: spellimg

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Well I think the entire baseball world will be watching to see A. how will the Cubs lose this time. B. Can they actually make it to the series.

As a diehard Cub fan I say we get beat by the Snakes. They always have our number. With the way we stumbled in the second half after playing some really good baseball in June and early July I don't have much confidence. However, the Cardinals looked equally woeful last season and won it all. I hope we can put it all together, just not optimistic based on the past and how the team has played all season.

Derrick Lee was also a member of that Marlins team. Just a note.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Mr. Luis Castillo hit the ball that Bartman interfered with. Cubs' fans were ridiculous about this because it would have taken a hell of a catch by Alou to get the ball. It wasnt like the guy leaned over the fence. It was in the stands. I give Alou a 5 percent chance of making that play. It wasnt a 25 year old Kenny Lofton making that climb.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Mr. Luis Castillo hit the ball that Bartman interfered with. Cubs' fans were ridiculous about this because it would have taken a hell of a catch by Alou to get the ball. It wasnt like the guy leaned over the fence. It was in the stands. I give Alou a 5 percent chance of making that play. It wasnt a 25 year old Kenny Lofton making that climb.
    Yes, it was 2B Luis Castillo of the Florida Marlins who hit the foul ball into the stands toward Steve Bartman. Mark Prior eventually walked him and the runner on 2nd (Juan Pierre) advanced on the ball 4 wild pitch. After scoring 8 runs in the eighth inning, the Marlins led 8-3 and this was the final score in game 6. The Marlins came from behind to take game 7 to win the NL championship.

Juan Castillo is now playing 2B for the Mets; well actually he is home watching the playoffs because he was part of the biggest end of season flops in recent baseball history. I have never been a Mets fan even though one of my favorite players was HoJo.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Congratulations! Now how can they screw up from here?
    Cub failure is inherent and inevitable.

Leon Durham - ball through the legs in 84 before Buckner made it popular in 86.
    Bartman - well, you all remember that.

But I gotta give credit to Grace in '89, he did all he could against SF.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Don't forget 69!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

... try not to commit suicide today. Talk about boneheaded managing...

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Don't forget 69!
    Cub fans probably feel pretty good about being in the playoff the same season the Mets had a very 69-like collapse of their own.

+ Reply to Thread