+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech's marketing sucks

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Tech's marketing sucks

Tech's marketing sucks. Not that this is new, but I saw something today that pissed me off.

I was in a store in the Mall of Louisiana here in Baton Rouge today looking for a Saints hat. The store had stuff from every university in Louisiana except Tech. That was bad enough, but then I happened to look at a rack of shirts, and saw that they had Fresno State shirts available to buy.

F'ing FRESNO STATE!!!!!!!

Of course the guy at the counter said that Tech doesn't allow their stuff to be sold.

It is ridiculous that I can buy Fresno State stuff in Baton Rouge, but can't find Tech clothing in the very same store. This crap is bush league!

Varsity Bulldog techstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to alltechstudent09 is a name known to all

Re: Tech's marketing sucks

Every time I go to to the Mall of Louisiana I see about 4-5 tech hats at Lids. You must go to Champs or that N'awlins Sports store.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

It's always been this way.

The word....."marketing".... doesn't exist in the petty little provincial mind set of Tech's bookstore which apparently has all the rights to Tech logos, etc.

I have run into this numerous times over the past years. Can't find Tech stuff....go to the store manager and ask why. get told the same old story......"Tech won't let us sell it"........

And we wonder why we have NEVER had a sellout at Aillet?????????????????

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techstudent09 View Post
    Every time I go to to the Mall of Louisiana I see about 4-5 tech hats at Lids. You must go to Champs or that N'awlins Sports store.
    Yeah, it was the N'awlins Sports store. I saw a couple of hats at Lids, but I think it's still crap that the N'awlins Sports store carries Fresno State stuff, but not Tech. Hell, they're in the same conference. You can't tell me that they get more requests for Fresno State stuff than for Tech clothes.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Tech does allow thier stuff to be sold, it is new but Tech has to be the one getting the word out and dealing with vendors, etc. It is embarassing. Unfortunately, most of the gear that is for sale is pitiful and looks 15 years old. I was all excited about the nike deal and the bookstore has one Nike t shirt- ONE! And that one is black! I did pony up for the nice polo but the selections are terrible even at our bookstore.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

I won't even go back into that idiotic hip-hop store that they claim to be a sports store right there in freakin Ruston, LA. They are totally rediculous. A few years ago, I went in there right after the Tech game and they were totally clueless about a University called Louisiana Tech even exists. In their minds, it doesn't. My visit to get some Tech gear proved that to me. You would never guess that this store was in Tech's home town. The tech selection was pathetic , because they had none. But you could find purple and gold, gonzaga bulldogs but not tech bulldogs. Totally pathetic. how dare they!!! The store name begins with the letter H ... I believe. That store is less than a stones throw north of US 167-I-20 intersection/crossover in that strip mall with the Goodwill store. Right there in Ruston, Louisiana for goodness sake. That is totally embarrassing and total stupidity and if they are still there I don't care because they should not be anywhere near Tech and manage that store like that. The people at Goodwill is another story and I will still go visit them. They had Tech and Grambling flags all over their store. It seems they know a little more about school spirit than a sporting goods store. I wish I could go to Ruston and open a bulldog shop where I can give the tech fan an opportunity to get tech stuff somewhere besides the bookstore with more convienient hours where working people can purchase something in their time after work or on the weekends year-round.

Big Dog metrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her gamemetrydawg is on top of his/her game metrydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techstudent09 View Post
    In what town or mall is that N'awlins Sports store located? The only things I was ever able to purchase down here was a tech mini-helment by Ridell , a nice fitted hat blue w/the state-T. And a duffle bag. Tech merchandise is virtually impossible to find.

Varsity Bulldog persnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your timepersnickety Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    In what town or mall is that N'awlins Sports store located? The only things I was ever able to purchase down here was a tech mini-helment by Ridell , a nice fitted hat blue w/the state-T. And a duffle bag. Tech merchandise is virtually impossible to find.

You can't find Tech gear anywhere because its LSU's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by persnickety View Post
    You can't find Tech gear anywhere because its LSU's fault!
    So, where is this store located. ( I think there is too much purple and gold also!)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Metrydawg, you talking Hibbet's Sports in Ruston?

Puppy FSDogs1 isn't thought very highly of around hereFSDogs1 isn't thought very highly of around here

I love those Baton Rouge stores! They know which 'Dogs the nation fell in love with over recent years!

BULLDOG BORN!
    BULLDOG BRED!
    I'LL BE A BULLDOG 'TIL THE DAY I'M DEAD!

www.BulldogBounce.blogspot.com

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/20...lrbrummett.txt

UCA Push Bears Hearing
    College President Lobbies Conway Fans
    This article was published on Saturday, September 29, 2007 5:32 PM CDT in News
    By John Brummett
    THE MORNING NEWS
    Email this story

Print this story

Comment on this story
    I recall covering football games played by the University of Central Arkansas. This was as a young adult in the mid-'70s for the Log Cabin Democrat, the paper in Conway that fired me one day and set me up with an interview at the Arkansas Gazette the next.

The game would be unfolding routinely on a crisp Saturday evening, perhaps not favorably for the hometown Bears, against maybe the Southern State Muleriders or the UAM Boll Weevils.

All of a sudden, fans in Estes Stadium -- that's where the Bears play -- would let out a thunderous cheer. It would have no apparent context. It would far exceed in fervor anything extended in reaction to activities actually transpiring on the immediate field of play.

It would turn out that transistor radios with attached earphones had just revealed that the football Razorbacks, from the land grant institution at Fayetteville, had just kicked a field goal or intercepted a pass against TCU or Rice or some such.

This was not considered odd. It was wholly expected, even wholly appropriate.

UCA's boys were doing a little insular campus thing. But those Razorbacks on the radio were representing the state, its culture, its essence, our very hopes and dreams.

So maybe times start to change, even in static Arkansas.

UCA has been positively exploding in terms of enrollment and identity. A couple of years ago, it announced it was moving to the top division of intercollegiate athletic competition -- albeit in the non-BCS, or secondary, category for football.

I heard -- and this was secondhand -- that Houston Nutt, coach of the Razorbacks, had expressed concern that the move by UCA could cause problems for the Hogs. The famously nervous UA football coach supposedly said the development might make the Central Arkansas region less ripe for the UA's historic monopolizing when it came to recruiting.

I'm wondering if Nutt might have been prescient -- more about economic and cultural trends, I mean, than in calling plays and holding leads and so forth.

Here's what happened last Monday: Lu Hardin, the UCA president, fired off a letter to members of the Conway Chamber of Commerce expressing his displeasure that, on Fridays during football season, he sees red Razorback shirts and other promotional Hog paraphernalia everywhere he goes in Conway, adorning employees at banks and retail outlets. He complained that he sees nothing purple or otherwise supportive of the hometown Bears.

He said he supported the Hogs, too, but that, let's face it: A Razorback fan might drop off five bucks in Conway for a burger on the drive to Fayetteville. UCA, he said, pours $150 million annually into Conway's economy.

To tend smartly to his local political knitting, Hardin suggested that Conway banks and other establishments occasionally feature orange-clad employees on basketball game days, in deference to the cross-town Hendrix Warriors.

I asked Hardin if the timing of his missive, his strategic offensive, was significant. It came, after all, on the Monday after the Razorbacks' ignominiously blown lead at home against Kentucky, which came seven days after the Razorbacks' ignominiously blown lead against Alabama in Tuscaloosa.

Had the UCA president deemed the time right to make this move?

Oh, no, he said. "This has been something that's been brewing for some time," he said.

His contention that he was not seeking to capitalize on the Razorbacks' 1-2 start perhaps is supported by the fact that his Bears had gotten off to a 1-3 start.

John Brummett is a columnist and reporter for Stephens Media in Little Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Metrydawg, you talking Hibbet's Sports in Ruston?
    THAT's THE ONE!!! How do they not carry Tech stuff? Instant gold mine at a key location.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metrydawg View Post
    THAT's THE ONE!!! How do they not carry Tech stuff? Instant gold mine at a key location.
    As been stated repeated times through every thread that's been about getting Tech gear at stores, they can't get it... plus, honestly, it's not a "hot ticket" item... 10 people wanting to buy something isn't a reason to stock something in plave of something 250 will buy, and keep coming back to buy more...

I think they changed their name... Can't remember, been too long since I paid any attention there. Walked in once, bought some sunglasses and a football, and walked out... service was crap.

I think we need to lay off stores not holding Tech gear for now until Tech gives them a reason to want to sell the gear. I mean, Tech hasn't done ANYTHING to warrant any business to routinely carry Tech gear or anything else Tech in vast quantities. You can't market or expect it with the way things have gone on over the last 2 decades. The ship sailed when things weren't done during Rattay's and Edward's time here, but now it's time to start everything from scratch and work on it. Marketing and promoting a loser () will just make people go away...

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

?????? We have marketing????? I think something has to actually exist before you can say it sucks!!!!

+ Reply to Thread