+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lake Darbonne fishing

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

Lake Darbonne fishing

Hey guys,

My roommate and I are gona go catfishing in Lake Darbonne this weekend, I've been once before and had some luck. I was wondering if any of yall fishermen had any tips for us as we go after some catfish this weekend. I'll take anything that bite really.

Thanks

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Lake Darbonne fishing

I've been out to the lily pads to catch some bass before one summer on Darbonne.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Junky View Post
    Hey guys,

My roommate and I are gona go catfishing in Lake Darbonne this weekend, I've been once before and had some luck. I was wondering if any of yall fishermen had any tips for us as we go after some catfish this weekend. I'll take anything that bite really.

Thanks
    Some friends of mine fished for catfish in (on the edge of) the channel near hwy 15 last week and caught several smaller ones, but they said they caught one nearly every time they threw out using night crawlers.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Patrol in the shallows and look for hollowed out, submerged logs. Stick your arm in one of the openings. When you feel something clamp down, pull your arm out. You'll have catfish for days. Isn't that how Choudawg does it?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Some friends of mine fished for catfish in (on the edge of) the channel near hwy 15 last week and caught several smaller ones, but they said they caught one nearly every time they threw out using night crawlers.
    and you're just now posting this? gee thanks buddy . . .

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

The last time I went out, my buddy and I just dropped the anchor in the middle of the lake, east of hwy 33 (the bridge with the slit of land next to it that people fish off). We caught 14 decent size catfish. This was two springs ago though.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Used to fish all the time on Darbonne off of Firetower Rd. Use 1 inch hot dog chunks that you soaked for over 48 hours in: 1 packet of cherry kool-aid (not sugar free, the real stuff), two cups of water, and two tablespoons of garlic powder...seriously! We use this on the Red River to this day and whether you're running jugs (No Dirty, just juglines for fishing:icon_wink or tightlining, or drift fishing this is by far the finest catfish bait ever invented.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Used to fish all the time on Darbonne off of Firetower Rd. Use 1 inch hot dog chunks that you soaked for over 48 hours in: 1 packet of cherry kool-aid (not sugar free, the real stuff), two cups of water, and two tablespoons of garlic powder...seriously! We use this on the Red River to this day and whether you're running jugs (No Dirty, just juglines for fishing:icon_wink or tightlining, or drift fishing this is by far the finest catfish bait ever invented.

God, I love Louisiana. I grew up in southern California and would have never learned this catfish bait lesson there.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    God, I love Louisiana. I grew up in southern California and would have never learned this catfish bait lesson there.
    this thread needs to be moved to the "sticky" section so i can find it later :icon_wink:

Well, we didn't do so hot today, just a perch and a catfish, both on straight line with worms from bout 8:10am - 11ish. The wind and waves were killing us so we called it a day.

Anyone every try using marshmellows as bait? I thought it was the dumbest thing but I asked someone else and said it works.

Puppy kingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your timekingfish Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Mr. Barclay, sounds like we need to get you on the Hook 'n' Up and Track 'n' Down Show. Love the catfish bait tip.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread