+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NL Wildcard Play-In...

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: NL Wildcard Play-In...

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Never heard of your Tim Meadows. Here is the one I'm talking about:

Tim Meadows
    High School : Brenham High School Class of 1997 All State Catcher for Coach Jim Long

Junior College: McLennan Comm. College
    2-time All Conference/All-Region Catcher 1998-1999 for Coach Paul Miller TX-NM JCBCA All-Star Game Participant Fall 1998

Jayhawk League Summer 1999 - Elkhart Dusters All-League Catcher

Div.1 - Louisiana Tech Univ. 2000-2001
    All-Conference Catcher 2001
    All-Louisiana Team (Louisiana Sportswriter's Association) 2001 Academic All-Region 2001

Grad. Asst. - Louisiana Tech Fall 2001

Asst. Baseball Coach - Eastfield College Jan 2002-Aug 2005 Number one team in nation for ten consecutive weeks in 2005

12 All Americans in four seasons (9 were hitters) Last two years moved all eligible sophomores to NCAA schools Took teams to regional finals in three of four seasons

Currently working with Houston area Columbia Angels - former Angels teammate of World Series MVP and current Boston Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett

I know, I was just joking. You never watched SNL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Meadows

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    I know, I was just joking. You never watched SNL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Meadows
    I knew you were kidding. I just like making an issue of the fact that I don't know pop culture and to toot Tim's horn at the same time. And ... no, I no longer can stay up late enough for SNL.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I knew you were kidding. I just like making an issue of the fact that I don't know pop culture and to toot Tim's horn at the same time. And ... no, I no longer can stay up late enough for SNL.
    And yet you can quote verbatim every Celebrity Jeopardy ever made?!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

I dont either, but I did back in the late 90's.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    I dont either, but I did back in the late 90's.
    Have I been out of it that long? I thought your Tim Meadows was something new.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I don't think it was in part. It was in whole. Alyson is open in her column about Pupura losing his job over that trade.

It is easy to see now how bad that trade was for Houston and how great it was for Colorado. If there weren't some little injuries here and there, it would have benefited Colorado even more.
    Part of the reason for the Astros collapse is because Clemens (6-6 in 2007) and Pettite (15-9 in 2007) went to the Yankees. They were replaced by Jason Jennings and several others. I thought at the time of the trade that Jennings would need a great first year for this to be a good trade and, as we discovered, he had a horrendous year. Jennings' 2-9 record and being on the DL much of the year did not replace the loss of Clemens and Pettite and other pitchers did not compensate.

The trade is looking like it may be one of the worst in Astros history. I hope Jennings will do better in the next few years to make the trade look better.

According to most reports, the Astros farm system is not good. Maybe Drayton McLane will give Ed Wade the money to sign free agents.

Have I been out of it that long? I thought your Tim Meadows was something new.

Meadows' start in show business was as a member of The Second City comedy troupe alongside future star Chris Farley. In 1991, Meadows landed a spot on Saturday Night Live and would go on to become a longtime cast member, appearing on the program until 2000. (This was the record for the longest tenure on the show until it was surpassed by Darrell Hammond in 2005).

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Part of the reason for the Astros collapse is because Clemens (6-6 in 2007) and Pettite (15-9 in 2007) went to the Yankees. They were replaced by Jason Jennings and several others. I thought at the time of the trade that Jennings would need a great first year for this to be a good trade and, as we discovered, he had a horrendous year. Jennings' 2-9 record and being on the DL much of the year did not replace the loss of Clemens and Pettite and other pitchers did not compensate.

The trade is looking like it may be one of the worst in Astros history. I hope Jennings will do better in the next few years to make the trade look better.

According to most reports, the Astros farm system is not good. Maybe Drayton McLane will give Ed Wade the money to sign free agents.
    That trade was doomed from the start. It turns out that Jennings was already having elbow problems last year and it was not disclosed. However, one should have been able to read his numbers and see that something was amiss.

It didn't help that Clemens and Pettite left, but the trade doomed the season and depleted our farm system.

Also, I think McLane has been pretty good with the checkbook. That is why Pupura was fired. The Astros didn't get much for the money spent.

+ Reply to Thread