+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NL Wildcard Play-In...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

NL Wildcard Play-In...

...was AWESOME. WOOOOAH, BOY.

They'll be talking about this one for years.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: NL Wildcard Play-In...

I didn't watch the whole game because of Monday Night Football, but I saw most of it and it had everything; a grand slam, big pitches, big hits, and good coaching. A 13th inning run by both teams was fun to watch, and the controversial ending will be talked about for a long time.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I loved it, but was saddened because it came to that to decide who got the Wildcard... Mixed on rather that's a good thing about how good baseball has gotten, or just how bad things are.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I was watching it but fell asleep after the 9th inning. I woke up in my recliner in the middle of the night and went to bed without checking on who won. I did not program the tivo to record it. :bigcry:

I expect that all divisional series this year will be close. It is not unusual to see wild card teams making it to the World Series (Yankees and Rockies???).

I predict the Cubs and Indians will make it to the Series.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    I loved it, but was saddened because it came to that to decide who got the Wildcard... Mixed on rather that's a good thing about how good baseball has gotten, or just how bad things are.
    What!? The Rockies won 13 out of 14 to get to this position, and the Padres have been fantastic all year. This was high quality baseball.

And the Wildcard has been the best thing to happen to baseball in ages.

I'm genuinely curious -- what's not to like? Don't be so pessimistic all the time.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Again, I said I'm mixed. Like you said, the Rockies won 13 out of 14... I don't think it should have came to that. There's a whole season to play and win, it shouldn't come down to the last few like that. At lesat, that's just what I'm thinking. Enjoyed the games and all, just wasn't excited by it.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

That was as exciting as athletics get.

Jeff Francis will be the starter for Colorado on Wednesday. Francis' mentor, Matt Buckle, is the pitching coach of my two boys. Matt pitched at Tech.

Francis gave us some tickets to watch him pitch against the Astros. He warms up in an identical fashion to that of my boys, which is exactly how Matt Buckle warmed up before a game. Thus, when you watch Francis pitch Wednesday, you will see the tremendous influence of a Louisiana Tech player on the mound for Colorado.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post

Jeff Francis will be the starter for Colorado on Wednesday. Francis' mentor, Matt Buckle, is the pitching coach of my two boys. Matt pitched at Tech.

Francis gave us some tickets to watch him pitch against the Astros. He warms up in an identical fashion to that of my boys, which is exactly how Matt Buckle warmed up before a game. Thus, when you watch Francis pitch Wednesday, you will see the tremendous influence of a Louisiana Tech player on the mound for Colorado.
    I think I've heard you mention your son/sons play for Ruston High. Does Matt work for RHS or does RHS not provide coaches? Where is Jeff Francis from?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

How about the "BIG" trade between the Rockies and Astros before the season? If I remember correctly, you weren't real happy about it as an Astros fan. Neither was I.

This year was a disaster for the Astros, in part, due to the trade.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Again, I said I'm mixed. Like you said, the Rockies won 13 out of 14... I don't think it should have came to that. There's a whole season to play and win, it shouldn't come down to the last few like that. At lesat, that's just what I'm thinking. Enjoyed the games and all, just wasn't excited by it.
    What? And the Mets outplayed the Phillies for 90 percent of the season, but folded under the pressure. It isnt much different than the 51 Giants overtaking the Brooklyn Dodgers and made a complete 13.5 game comeback over the last 7 weeks (30 games or so). It made a legend out of Bobby Thomson, much like the Rockies run will etch Holliday's final stretch of hitting known, though not as great as the Thomson shot obviously. This is the stuff legends are made of.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I think I've heard you mention your son/sons play for Ruston High. Does Matt work for RHS or does RHS not provide coaches? Where is Jeff Francis from?
    Jim is a junior at RHS. Doc is in sixth grade.

Matt does not work for RHS. He started working private lessons with Jim when Jim was 12. Matt was just about to graduate. Tim Meadows put us on to Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    How about the "BIG" trade between the Rockies and Astros before the season? If I remember correctly, you weren't real happy about it as an Astros fan. Neither was I.

This year was a disaster for the Astros, in part, due to the trade.
    I don't think it was in part. It was in whole. Alyson is open in her column about Pupura losing his job over that trade.

It is easy to see now how bad that trade was for Houston and how great it was for Colorado. If there weren't some little injuries here and there, it would have benefited Colorado even more.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Tim Meadows put us on to Matt.

The Ladies Man?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Jim is a junior at RHS. Doc is in sixth grade.

Matt does not work for RHS. He started working private lessons with Jim when Jim was 12. Matt was just about to graduate. Tim Meadows put us on to Matt.
    And will be in the starting pitching rotation at RHS in another 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    The Ladies Man?

Never heard of your Tim Meadows. Here is the one I'm talking about:

Tim Meadows
    High School : Brenham High School Class of 1997 All State Catcher for Coach Jim Long

Junior College: McLennan Comm. College
    2-time All Conference/All-Region Catcher 1998-1999 for Coach Paul Miller TX-NM JCBCA All-Star Game Participant Fall 1998

Jayhawk League Summer 1999 - Elkhart Dusters All-League Catcher

Div.1 - Louisiana Tech Univ. 2000-2001
    All-Conference Catcher 2001
    All-Louisiana Team (Louisiana Sportswriter's Association) 2001 Academic All-Region 2001

Grad. Asst. - Louisiana Tech Fall 2001

Asst. Baseball Coach - Eastfield College Jan 2002-Aug 2005 Number one team in nation for ten consecutive weeks in 2005

12 All Americans in four seasons (9 were hitters) Last two years moved all eligible sophomores to NCAA schools Took teams to regional finals in three of four seasons

Currently working with Houston area Columbia Angels - former Angels teammate of World Series MVP and current Boston Red Sox pitcher Josh Beckett

+ Reply to Thread