+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lake Darbonne Bass

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Lake Darbonne Bass

Hoping to go fishing this weekend, what do you guys know about Darbonne? I've been out there a few times, but never had any luck.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Lake Darbonne Bass

We used to catch them early and late around the lilly pads in 5-6 ft water this time of year on Pop-R's (I just showed my age). Any popper, torpedo, or spook type lure should work while all of my buddies are using ribbits in the pads. We've been catching them in the oxbows on the Red on white spinner baits with a single colorodo blade and on tequila sunrise curlytail worms. I always had better luck on Darbonne when drinking Miller High Life and bailing our beat up boat with an old coffee can...man those were the days. Now I've got a brand new center-console decked out with the works and I don't think I catch any more fish than out of my old john boat with a 9.9 Johnson (Johnsonrude:icon_wink.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    We used to catch them early and late around the lilly pads in 5-6 ft water this time of year on Pop-R's (I just showed my age). Any popper, torpedo, or spook type lure should work while all of my buddies are using ribbits in the pads. We've been catching them in the oxbows on the Red on white spinner baits with a single colorodo blade and on tequila sunrise curlytail worms. I always had better luck on Darbonne when drinking Miller High Life and bailing our beat up boat with an old coffee can...man those were the days. Now I've got a brand new center-console decked out with the works and I don't think I catch any more fish than out of my old john boat with a 9.9 Johnson (Johnsonrude:icon_wink.
    Yeah but you look better doing it now.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Toss some lures of your choice around the phone pole near the 33 bridge. Go under the bridge (toward spillway) hang immediate right. Go down and fish in front of those blue town houses (I think they were blue). Check your graph for small hump in front of those boat slips.

Further info. will cost.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Toss some lures of your choice around the phone pole near the 33 bridge. Go under the bridge (toward spillway) hang immediate right. Go down and fish in front of those blue town houses (I think they were blue). Check your graph for small hump in front of those boat slips.

Further info. will cost.
    I'll test this information before I consider the further info.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Been fishing up there 3 or 4 times.....probably landed 2 keepers. Im no pro but it seems to me that it just isnt that great of a bass lake anymore.

Headed out in the morning, let you know what I find.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

You're in West Monroe...Why not go to Poverty Point? You have a new lake and the river pretty close by.

Boat's in Calhoun at father-in-law's place. Darbonne is closest. No luck today, only caught one small (3in) bream.

We've been out to Darbonne several times, and not had any luck. We haven't caught anything really worth keeping.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Caught 11 bass over two lbs yesterday on the Red River. Largest at 5 lbs 9 ounces (state registered scales here at the market).I released all but two that I released into hot grease.

Caught the cold front just right. Most ON POP-R TOPWATER BAITS. Silver, red belly with a white, silver bucktail. Just chugged lightly. Try the stumps or bank in 5-6 foot water and tease 'em. Chug, twitch, twitch, pause. Chug, ...... Caught a few on chartreuse spinner but why do that when they're blowing up topwater baits?
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Puppy Wolverine55 is an unknown

My husband went this morning and caught 20 bass ---- not to shabby:icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread