View Poll Results: I think the World Series champ will be .........

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angels

4 7.55%
  • Indians

8 15.09%
  • Red Sox

11 20.75%
  • Yankees

8 15.09%
  • Cubs

11 20.75%
  • Diamondbacks

0 0%
  • Phillies

2 3.77%
  • Rockies

3 5.66%
  • Probably an AL team

6 11.32%
  • Probably an NL team

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The World Series winner will be

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Re: The World Series winner will be

Go [home] Yankees!!! HE HE HE!

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Indians advance to ALCS to face Red Sox. Yankees eliminated.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Rockies sweep the D'backs in NLCS to advance to the World Series.

In the poll, only 3 people predicted the Rockies would win the World Series.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

As far as winning the series, it depends on who wins the ALCS. If Cleaveland wins, I could see the Rockies possibly sweeping the entire post-season. If boston wins, a Colorado win is still possible, but the sweep would be a bit of a stretch. THEY ARE ON FIRE!!!

It seems that the Rockies have become "America's team" now because they are clearly the hottest team in baseball. They became the only team in history to sweep a division series and a league championship series and this was after winning the wild card playoff by scoring 3 in the bottom of the 11th against the Padres. Truly an amazing run and I expect it will be a long time, if ever, before any other team will equal it.

The Rockies have been amazing but the public's response to their success reminds me of how the lsu tigers are supposedly the state's team because they are playing for the national championship. I don't buy into that thinking in football and I will not in baseball. I don't have a "B" for "bandwagon" tattooed on my forehead.

GO TRIBE!!! Beat the Red Sox and "America's current team" - the Rockies!!!

I expect someone will call me on my post above.

Just in case you don't know, I'm really just a "bandwagon fan" of the Cleveland Indians but I've been on their bandwagon off & on for about 25 years now. They are my favorite AL team and this year I favor them over any NL team that made the playoffs.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I expect someone will call me on my post above.

Just in case you don't know, I'm really just a "bandwagon fan" of the Cleveland Indians but I've been on their bandwagon off & on for about 25 years now. They are my favorite AL team and this year I favor them over any NL team that made the playoffs.
    It doesn't concern me one way or the other as far as what team wins, I just think the Rockies have the momentum on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    It doesn't concern me one way or the other as far as what team wins, I just think the Rockies have the momentum on their side.
    No doubt about the Rockies having the momentum and it may continue. Their streak has been amazing and I've enjoyed watching their games. I won't be surprised to see a majority of the "experts" pick the Rockies over the AL representative, but, GO TRIBE!!!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

8 days between the game last night and the first game of the World Series isn't good for them though... will they be able to maintain their mojo?

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    8 days between the game last night and the first game of the World Series isn't good for them though... will they be able to maintain their mojo?
    This is the longest layoff between ALCS and WS for any team ever. If you just won 21 out of 22 games, the last thing you want to do is have an eight day layoff. Remember last year, the Tigers had a 6 day layoff and looked very flat in the WS. I won't count the Rockies out after what they did, but this layoff will definitely hurt them.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm hoping not... been on the Rockies bandwaggon since 1993... (Never been to the state of Colorado, but I love it!)

I voted for an AL team, mainly because the AL has dominated the NL... I'll be glad to be proved wrong this year!

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I expect Cleveland to lose Thursday night and Carmona wrapping up the series in Boston. That being said, that would make Sabathia 0-2 with a no decision going into the WS. He is going to be looking for a quality start and the Rockies coming off a 8 day rest might do the trick. follow that with Carmona, Westbrook and Byrd with a bullpen pitching 2.35

Indians over the Red Sox in 6 (could be surprised by Sabathia in 5 though)
    Indians over the Rockies in 5

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Indians & Rockies, man I bet Fox is licking their chops over this match-up. This is setting up to be a ratings disaster.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Indians & Rockies, man I bet Fox is licking their chops over this match-up. This is setting up to be a ratings disaster.
    Especially after the three snow outs.

I actually find the matchup interesting, but with these lllooooonnnnggg games starting at 7:30, the games run too stinking late. I don't want to be watching baseball at midnight.

+ Reply to Thread