+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Presidential Calculator

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Another Presidential Calculator

Mine went to...

1. Romney
    2. FT
    3. Huckabee
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    .......Still wanting the govt. to fix all of our problems huh? :icon_wink:
    Not really actually... that's what perplexes me slightly. Oh well.

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Perhaps I am too old and too brain dead......

But when what remains of my LITTLE GREY CELLS needs a pigeonhole constructed quiz to decipher the intricate nuances of my ballot box bias or brilliance on any election day......

I'll just stay home and drink lots of cold beer......
    And try not to slaver too serenely on any modern bib of bullshit buffoonery.

That all for me this night.
    Pleasant thoughts and dreams to all.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Big Dog exit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really niceexit84 is just really nice exit84's Avatar

Huckabee
    Romney
    Thompson

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

I feel deherty-I had Mitt as numero uno. Still going for Paul though.

Varsity Bulldog JAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of lightJAAgan is a glorious beacon of light

I hate to sound like a conspiracy monger, and I'm certainly not "up" on the techniques of putting together a calculator like this one; however, I think I smell a rat. I noticed all these posts and how Romney kept coming up highly ranked. That sort of surprised me, because it seems to me he's the GOP's version of our Bill Clinton -- he's always got a position, just let him take a poll to let you know what it is this week.

So, I took the survey. Now, I'm a moderate Democrat, (I guess that means a screaming radical in North Louisiana terms) and on most all of these surveys I usually come up supporting one of the Democratic candidates.

But on this one, I came out supporting Romney. I played with the parameters and adjusted the priorities and still Romney came up as my second choice. Bringing me back to my "conspiracy theory", intentionally or accidentally, I think these answer choices and their phrasing skewed the results toward Romney.

With that said, please nominate him GOP. Just for the joy and satisfaction I will see from some of my Fundamentalist Christian friends who swear by the Republican Party as the party of God having to decide if they can vote for a Mormon. That's mostly a joke, but I'm still looking foward to hearing the explaining from the rabid Christian Right,

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAAgan View Post
    I hate to sound like a conspiracy monger, and I'm certainly not "up" on the techniques of putting together a calculator like this one; however, I think I smell a rat. I noticed all these posts and how Romney kept coming up highly ranked. That sort of surprised me, because it seems to me he's the GOP's version of our Bill Clinton -- he's always got a position, just let him take a poll to let you know what it is this week.

So, I took the survey. Now, I'm a moderate Democrat, (I guess that means a screaming radical in North Louisiana terms) and on most all of these surveys I usually come up supporting one of the Democratic candidates.

But on this one, I came out supporting Romney. I played with the parameters and adjusted the priorities and still Romney came up as my second choice. Bringing me back to my "conspiracy theory", intentionally or accidentally, I think these answer choices and their phrasing skewed the results toward Romney.

With that said, please nominate him GOP. Just for the joy and satisfaction I will see from some of my Fundamentalist Christian friends who swear by the Republican Party as the party of God having to decide if they can vote for a Mormon. That's mostly a joke, but I'm still looking foward to hearing the explaining from the rabid Christian Right,

I believe all of the polls are somewhat flawed. The FIRST question before anything economic, social, etc., should be something to the effect of "Is it the government's role to ...". If the answer to that question is NO, there should be a "skip to end" section. Problem is that people read the poll questions, and try to place themselves in the position of a politician who is charge of solving a particular problem. So they vote, and they think, "oh, candidate X thinks like I do." In many cases, I believe that is because they ask the WRONG question, with a strong assumption that the government should do something.

But, it's no surprise that the mass media would try to make polls that don't give RP a fair shake.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    I believe all of the polls are somewhat flawed. The FIRST question before anything economic, social, etc., should be something to the effect of "Is it the government's role to ...". If the answer to that question is NO, there should be a "skip to end" section. Problem is that people read the poll questions, and try to place themselves in the position of a politician who is charge of solving a particular problem. So they vote, and they think, "oh, candidate X thinks like I do." In many cases, I believe that is because they ask the WRONG question, with a strong assumption that the government should do something.

But, it's no surprise that the mass media would try to make polls that don't give RP a fair shake.
    I've always thought the same thing.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

FT
    MR
    SB

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

And based on some of the commentary they have on the candidates, I don't think some of the answers fit the right person.

Well, something to pass the time with.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

1. Obama
    2. Dodd
    3. Guliani

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Huckabee
    Mitt
    McCain

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

1. Giuliani
    2. Dodd
    3. Obama

haha...

+ Reply to Thread