+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And That's Why They're The DALLAS COWBOYS

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Re: And That's Why They're The DALLAS COWBOYS

It's amazing how far the AFC is ahead of the NFC!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Wow, I dont want to seem like I am blowing on the Cowboys, but the only reason why they won that game was because Buffalo is terrible. So far, I believe their opponents have a combing record of 6-19. The Patriots will be their test to see if they can compete with the big dogs.
    That about sums it up.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Amazing game. The on-side kick was very good. everyone knew it was coming and still the Cowboys got the ball back. The time out at the end with the field goal I think is a little chicken sh**. I know it is in the rules, allowed etc. What I do think would have been hilarious is if the kicker missed the first attempt during the timeout and then nailed the second kick. Had to feel sorry for the fans though, they were in the game from start to finish.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

Wow, I dont want to seem like I am blowing on the Cowboys, but the only reason why they won that game was because Buffalo is terrible. I will say that Romo proved that he can keep his head in the game and execute when it counts no matter how terrible of a game he played. He was nearly perfect on that last drive to pull within two. I think the Cowboys are about to get their litmus test to see if they are in the elite of teams. So far, I believe their opponents have a combing record of 6-19. The Patriots will be their test to see if they can compete with the big dogs. They dont have to win, but they need to compete for their confidence. Romo cannot play like he did against Buffalo because NE will beat them badly if he does. Of course, I dont know if anyone can be seen as a favorite against the Pats right now, they are too good.
    The Patriots opponents have a combined record of 7-17, so I don't know if that stat really means a whole lot! Plus they play in the worst division in football right now!

I am probably one of the few Cowboys fans on here that was highly dissapointed in the performance last night! Buffalo should have won that game by 30 at least. I was extremely worried about that game last night and then I knew we were in for a long night when I heard Mike Tirico on his radio show saying that he had talked to some of the Cowboys about their focus on the Bills game when they had such a huge matchup on the horizon and the Cowboys said of course they were looking ahead to the Patriots game. Maybe I should be a coach, because I don't look ahead to other games. I come from the shool of thought that the most important game is the game on the schedule that week!

Here are a few positives that I can take out of that game last night.

#1.Tony Romo was able to come back from that performance and helped put his team in that position to win. He was also able to come back without the help of his "Super-star" wide reciever Terrell Owens who can't catch a pass if you threw it to him underhanded from 2.3 feet away.

#2 Jason Witten is the real key to the Cowboys offense and the more they continue to get him involved in the game, the more the Cowboys will win!

#3 The defense is getting no credit at all, but they held the Bills to 3 points and came up with the play of the game with the int. by Newman aided by the freak that is DeMarcus Ware.

#4 The Cowboys have a super-star (if you can say that a kicker is a super-star) in the making at kicker in Nick Folk! He has been money all year and he calmly nailed those TWO kicks last night as well as his other field goals!

Remember, this is the NFL! They are professionals for a reason and any team can beat anybody on any given week! The parity and coaching in this league is amazing! They will figure out a way to either stop your offense or move the football on a "great defense". If you don't believe me, just go and look at the Saints and the Bears and you will see that example along with many, many others.

Honestly, I think the Patriots game will be a lot closer than everybody thinks. They are the favorite going in and they should be. Remember though, the Colts came into Texas Stadium last year undefeated and highly favored to win by double digits and the Boys came to play. The Bills game will wake them up and it should be some kind of ballgame!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post
    The Patriots opponents have a combined record of 7-17, so I don't know if that stat really means a whole lot! Plus they play in the worst division in football right now!

I am probably one of the few Cowboys fans on here that was highly dissapointed in the performance last night! Buffalo should have won that game by 30 at least. I was extremely worried about that game last night and then I knew we were in for a long night when I heard Mike Tirico on his radio show saying that he had talked to some of the Cowboys about their focus on the Bills game when they had such a huge matchup on the horizon and the Cowboys said of course they were looking ahead to the Patriots game. Maybe I should be a coach, because I don't look ahead to other games. I come from the shool of thought that the most important game is the game on the schedule that week!

Here are a few positives that I can take out of that game last night.

#1.Tony Romo was able to come back from that performance and helped put his team in that position to win. He was also able to come back without the help of his "Super-star" wide reciever Terrell Owens who can't catch a pass if you threw it to him underhanded from 2.3 feet away.

#2 Jason Witten is the real key to the Cowboys offense and the more they continue to get him involved in the game, the more the Cowboys will win!

#3 The defense is getting no credit at all, but they held the Bills to 3 points and came up with the play of the game with the int. by Newman aided by the freak that is DeMarcus Ware.

#4 The Cowboys have a super-star (if you can say that a kicker is a super-star) in the making at kicker in Nick Folk! He has been money all year and he calmly nailed those TWO kicks last night as well as his other field goals!

Remember, this is the NFL! They are professionals for a reason and any team can beat anybody on any given week! The parity and coaching in this league is amazing! They will figure out a way to either stop your offense or move the football on a "great defense". If you don't believe me, just go and look at the Saints and the Bears and you will see that example along with many, many others.

Honestly, I think the Patriots game will be a lot closer than everybody thinks. They are the favorite going in and they should be. Remember though, the Colts came into Texas Stadium last year undefeated and highly favored to win by double digits and the Boys came to play. The Bills game will wake them up and it should be some kind of ballgame!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    The difference between the Cowboys and the Patriots playing weak teams is that the Patriots have throttled everybody handily, whereas the Cowboys have had their problems. I think the Boys can beat the Patriots, but it wont be by much. Whereas I think the Patriots could blow the Cowboys out. I am thinking decently close, but the Pats 34-Boys 24. Not to mention, they have on common opponent and the Patriots whipped them and the Boys barely pulled it out. Although i will admit the Boys played as bad as possible and still were able to beat the Bills.

Varsity Bulldog nickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the roughnickdawg67 is a jewel in the rough nickdawg67's Avatar

The difference between the Cowboys and the Patriots playing weak teams is that the Patriots have throttled everybody handily, whereas the Cowboys have had their problems. I think the Boys can beat the Patriots, but it wont be by much. Whereas I think the Patriots could blow the Cowboys out. I am thinking decently close, but the Pats 34-Boys 24. Not to mention, they have on common opponent and the Patriots whipped them and the Boys barely pulled it out. Although i will admit the Boys played as bad as possible and still were able to beat the Bills.
    I will agree that the Pats have dominated their games, but the Cowboys have handled their business pretty well also except for the past game. These teams are very, very even statisticaly.

Cowboys offense = 33.8 points per game
    Patriots offense = 32.2 points per game

Cowboys defense = 13.6 points per game
    Patriots defense = 13 points per game
    ( before you go and say that these stats are wrong remember, these are not total points scored, these are what the offense's and defense's have scored and allowed respectively. Interception, fumble, punt, and kick returns are not included in this.)

Cowboys defense has only given up a touchdown and two field goals in the past 3 games. They are flying under the radar right now because Romo is getting all of the headlines, but they have recovered from the first couple of games and are relatively healthy now.

The area that I am sure that the Patriots are going to try to exploit is the special teams. The Cowboys have given up kickoff returns for touchdowns in the past two games. I think this is where the game will be won or lost for both teams.

I think it will be a great, low scoring football game and either way whoever loses this game doesn't mean that the season is over just like whoever wins the game doesn't mean that they are gonna win the Super Bowl. There will be a lot of football still left to play.

I am just hoping that around 10:45 Sunday night I can sleep well after a Cowboys and a Saints win! Remember Saints fans, it is a long season and you are in the NFC and the season can be turned around!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I bet all the Saints fans would take a win like that. The Patriots are better right now. I am not disputing that, but anything can happen in the NFL. This game reminded me of the Bears/Cardinals game last year. Some years luck is just on your side. Ask the Saints fans about last year.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickdawg67 View Post
    I will agree that the Pats have dominated their games, but the Cowboys have handled their business pretty well also except for the past game. These teams are very, very even statisticaly.

Cowboys offense = 33.8 points per game
    Patriots offense = 32.2 points per game

Cowboys defense = 13.6 points per game
    Patriots defense = 13 points per game
    ( before you go and say that these stats are wrong remember, these are not total points scored, these are what the offense's and defense's have scored and allowed respectively. Interception, fumble, punt, and kick returns are not included in this.)

Cowboys defense has only given up a touchdown and two field goals in the past 3 games. They are flying under the radar right now because Romo is getting all of the headlines, but they have recovered from the first couple of games and are relatively healthy now.

The area that I am sure that the Patriots are going to try to exploit is the special teams. The Cowboys have given up kickoff returns for touchdowns in the past two games. I think this is where the game will be won or lost for both teams.

I think it will be a great, low scoring football game and either way whoever loses this game doesn't mean that the season is over just like whoever wins the game doesn't mean that they are gonna win the Super Bowl. There will be a lot of football still left to play.

I am just hoping that around 10:45 Sunday night I can sleep well after a Cowboys and a Saints win! Remember Saints fans, it is a long season and you are in the NFC and the season can be turned around!

Nick White
    ESPN 97.7
    I came into this season thinking the Cowboys D would be a very good unit and after a bumpy start against the G-Men, they have looked good. It will be a test against Brady and company. I dont see it being a low-scoring game, though. Both Os are too good.

I came into this season thinking the Cowboys D would be a very good unit and after a bumpy start against the G-Men, they have looked good. It will be a test against Brady and company. I dont see it being a low-scoring game, though. Both Os are too good.

And not to mention, the Patriots dont have to prove anything. If the Cowboys beat them, it will be a minor misstep in most eyes. If the Patriots throttle the Boys, there will be many questions being asked, including those on the team and on the bandwagon. The Patriots took a playoff team that could have won it last year (barely lost to the SB winners) and made it even better. The Boys basically have the same team (one and done in the playoffs on NFC side), led by a QB that many still have questions about (I believe he is the real deal, but many still doubt).

And yes deadawg, us Saints fan would take any win right now. The Boys can win a game that they had absolutely no business winning and the Saints can lose a game they have no business losing. They had that Carolina game in their back pocket and basically did the same thing the Bills did. Throw a pick when you could have kicked a game sealing FG.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

And look for the Cowboys to get even better in the next few weeks when they get the Tank off the suspension list.

I think Nick makes a great point with respect to the Patriots opposition so far this season. Everyone wants to hand everything over to them, and I agree that they are a great team. However, I think that the Cowboys have actually played a better schedule.

Best team played by EITHER team:
    NY Giants (Dallas, week 1 -- only losses to the top 2 teams in the NFC)

Teams that played like crap for the 1st 4 games but that should end up ok:
    San Diego (New England won)
    Chicago (Dallas won)

Team that is playing way above its talent:
    Cleveland (New England won)

Team that is ALWAYS overrated because of their offensive firepower:
    Cincy (New England won)

Teams that stink:
    NYJets, Miami, St. Louis, Buffalo

So New England played a good team that was playing like crap, a bad team playing way above itself, an extremely overrated team, and 2 stinkers. Dallas played a very good team (but not great), a good team that was playing like crap, and 3 stinkers, one of which (Buffalo) has been performing better than early in the season (when NE played them) due to a QB change; in fact, I'd say that they are looking like Cleveland now but looked like Miami/St.Louis when the Pats played them..

As such, I think that the Cowboys have played a tougher schedule. The Pats will still win this week, but everyone needs to stop talking about the schedule disparity as a reason to downplay the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    And look for the Cowboys to get even better in the next few weeks when they get the Tank off the suspension list.

I think Nick makes a great point with respect to the Patriots opposition so far this season. Everyone wants to hand everything over to them, and I agree that they are a great team. However, I think that the Cowboys have actually played a better schedule.

Best team played by EITHER team:
    NY Giants (Dallas, week 1 -- only losses to the top 2 teams in the NFC)

Teams that played like crap for the 1st 4 games but that should end up ok:
    San Diego (New England won)
    Chicago (Dallas won)

Team that is playing way above its talent:
    Cleveland (New England won)

Team that is ALWAYS overrated because of their offensive firepower:
    Cincy (New England won)

Teams that stink:
    NYJets, Miami, St. Louis, Buffalo

So New England played a good team that was playing like crap, a bad team playing way above itself, an extremely overrated team, and 2 stinkers. Dallas played a very good team (but not great), a good team that was playing like crap, and 3 stinkers, one of which (Buffalo) has been performing better than early in the season (when NE played them) due to a QB change; in fact, I'd say that they are looking like Cleveland now but looked like Miami/St.Louis when the Pats played them..

As such, I think that the Cowboys have played a tougher schedule. The Pats will still win this week, but everyone needs to stop talking about the schedule disparity as a reason to downplay the Cowboys.
    It is not as much about the disparity as it is that if the Cowboys want to establish themselves as one of the elite in the NFL, they need to compete in this game. Beating up on weaker teams wont get it to you. They dont have to beat the Patriots, but they need to show they can compete with them. Once again, the Patriots have nothing to prove, but the Boys do. It might actually work to the Boys advantage because this week they will come in as the underdog instead of the favorite giving them some fire to play well. They havent had that all year.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

I miss the 1-15 year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

For those putting a lot of stock into who wins the Dallas/N.E. game on Sunday: I would remember that Dallas beat Indy last year and looked good doing it. That didn't mean squat come playoff time. Don't get me wrong I am pumped for this game on Sunday but I don't think you can draw as many conclusions from the results as people are saying they can.

Either team could get throttled and then go on to win the Superbowl.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Go Cowboys! I have to say that this was the most exciting NFL game that I've seen in a long time. Great finish.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bof of us is five and oh! Bof of us is five ahd oh!

+ Reply to Thread