+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Rattay signed by Arizona!

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

Tim Rattay signed by Arizona!

The Cardinals have a new backup quarterback. Their top quarterback, meanwhile, is done for the year.
    Tim Rattay signed a one-year contract Tuesday, the same day the Cardinals placed Matt Leinart on injured reserve with his broken collarbone – a move that ends Leinart’s season.
    Rattay was signed after a brief workout in front of coach Ken Whisenhunt, general manager Rod Graves and other offensive coaches. He’ll back up the new starter, Kurt Warner.
    “I was in San Francisco when (Warner) was in St. Louis when they were really going,” Rattay said after his workout. “I have admired him from afar. Just to be around him and learn from him would be great.”
    The Cards were also interested in looking at veteran Vinny Testaverde, but Testaverde removed himself from consideration Tuesday morning.
    Signing Rattay wasn’t the Cards’ only move. The team also brought in veteran offensive lineman Keydrick Vincent and added a practice squad quarterback, Matt Baker.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1981

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tim Rattay signed by Arizona!

Great news! I still wish he could find a place to start, but I imagine he will do well with Arizona and that is where he wanted to be (close to home).

Nice to see he still has that great attitude.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Great news. Don't wish any bad luck to Warner, but I sure hope Tim gets to shut some folks up and make Gruden look like the idiot he is.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Great news. If Warner gets hurt, Rattay would have an awesome supporting cast. Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Edgerrin James, Bryant Johnson, etc.

Puppy EndlessDennis has turned a few heads around hereEndlessDennis has turned a few heads around here

My prediction: Warner goes down, Rattay kicks butt and makes them cut or trade Leinart.

They were actually talking about that on ESPN. Not so much about Tim, but about Leinart getting cut. The coaches there don't like him, their current coach wasn't the one who drafted him. So, Tim definately has an opportunity, especially with Warner approaching 40.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Great News!
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Good fit for Tim. Back home and a team that he can do some good with. I just became a Cardinals fan.

Varsity Bulldog raiderdj is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDennis View Post
    They were actually talking about that on ESPN. Not so much about Tim, but about Leinart getting cut. The coaches there don't like him, their current coach wasn't the one who drafted him. So, Tim definately has an opportunity, especially with Warner approaching 40.
    That is complete BS about the coaches not liking Leinart and the Cardinals cutting or trading Leinart. Sounds like the ESPN guys needed something to talk about. Cutting him? With $14 Million in guranteed money on what was a 6 year deal when he signed it? This is the Cardinals. Bidwell would see him hold a clipboard for 6 years first. Leinart will be fine. Personally, him sitting and watching could be the best thing to happen to him this year.

I've run into Tim on the golf course before, great guy, and he will fit in great with Warner. People can say all they want about Warner, but you won't find a nicer, better, quality person and teammate than that guy. And if he can stay upright, dude can still throw the rock.

Another local article on the signing from the AZ Republic beat writer...
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...einart-ON.html

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

About time. Congrats Tim.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I can't see Leinart being released, but this is good for Tim. It is another good paycheck, and it's with a team that might give him a real opportuinty. Warner is older and might have a problem finishing the rest of the season. Tim should be fully healed and well rested because of his time off and the team around him would give him an opportunity to show what he can do...as soon as he learn's Wisenhunt's offense.

It's WAAYYY too early to make a statement like this, but here goes: I wouldn't be surprised to see Leinart and Rattay as the Cardinal's two QBs next season.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    It's WAAYYY too early to make a statement like this, but here goes: I wouldn't be surprised to see Leinart and Rattay as the Cardinal's two QBs next season.

That's the more likely scenerio. Warner will have jsut finished his 10th season and will turn 37 in the offseason. They will more than likely decide between Warner and Rattay to come back and be the 2nd QB and Tim should have the edge because of age and price.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear Tim got a shot.

Too bad Testaverde couldn't get out of the wheelchair to try out though.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I may come to regret this, but I think I'm gonna drop Boller and add Tim as my backup for my fantasy team.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go TIM!!!!!

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

If there is a football god, Tim will be calling the shots by week twelve and have the game of his life

+ Reply to Thread