+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech Drive Chevron/Citgo

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Tech Drive Chevron/Citgo

after supporting tech for years it seems the station on TECH DRIVE has decided to dabble in a little lsu merchandise. My wife and child went to the station last night and when she was making a purchase she saw a box of lsu pocket fans on the main counter. She expressed her concerns and asked why they would sell those when they were right next to LOUISIANA TECH. She said the worker then thumped his chest with his fist and said "LSU BABYYYYYYYY. I'm a Tech student but a lsu fan." Well ya know what, im a consumer. I purchase a TON of gas at that damn place and im not gonna spend another dime there until the stuff is removed. LOUISIANA TECH is directly responsable for a majority of the income the owner gets from that store and it is nuts to sell anything other than tech stuff.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Tech Drive Chevron/Citgo

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    the worker then thumped his chest with his fist and said "LSU BABYYYYYYYY. I'm a Tech student but a lsu fan."

we have a winner.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

lsu and tech stuff have been sold there for as long as I can remember...

And it's because of people like that worker that lsu stuff is carried. it is guaranteed $$$$$$$$

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

after supporting tech for years it seems the station on TECH DRIVE has decided to dabble in a little lsu merchandise. My wife and child went to the station last night and when she was making a purchase she saw a box of lsu pocket fans on the main counter. She expressed her concerns and asked why they would sell those when they were right next to LOUISIANA TECH. She said the worker then thumped his chest with his fist and said "LSU BABYYYYYYYY. I'm a Tech student but a lsu fan." Well ya know what, im a consumer. I purchase a TON of gas at that damn place and im not gonna spend another dime there until the stuff is removed. LOUISIANA TECH is directly responsable for a majority of the income the owner gets from that store and it is nuts to sell anything other than tech stuff.
    I agree with you on the boycott. Although the station owner does have right to sell lsu merchandise, it needs to be clear to him that his profits will be higher by not selling it. Hopefully, he will choose to sacrifice the profits made off lsu merchandise when he realizes how much revenue he will lose from TECH fans. The results are faster if many people explain to the merchant why they are boycotting.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I agree with you on the boycott. Although the station owner does have right to sell lsu merchandise, it needs to be clear to him that his profits will be higher by not selling it. Hopefully, he will choose to sacrifice the profits made off lsu merchandise when he realizes how much revenue he will lose from TECH fans. The results are faster if many people explain to the merchant why they are boycotting.
    he would have to sell a LOT of merchandise to make up for the profit he'll lose from my gas purchases.

I dont remember a lot of lsu stuff being sold in there before althought it might have been. if it was, it wasn't as "in your face" as it is now.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

i thought gas stations don't make money off the gad - but everything in store...

the amount of lsu stuff in the past has been limited to cups, hats, flags, beer jackets (or whatever their called), keychains, zippo lighters...

the amount of tech stuff in the past has been limited to cups, hats, flags, beer jackets (or whatever their called), keychains, zippo lighters...

did they change owners? and why the change from citgo to chevron???

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Darn, and it looked so much better by changing from the yellow Citgo trim to the blue Chevron/Tech color.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    and why the change from citgo to chevron???
    It could be because of the Citgo boycott/buycott issue. Here are two links giving differing positions:
    http://citgoboycott.org/
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    i thought gas stations don't make money off the gad - but everything in store...

the amount of lsu stuff in the past has been limited to cups, hats, flags, beer jackets (or whatever their called), keychains, zippo lighters...

the amount of tech stuff in the past has been limited to cups, hats, flags, beer jackets (or whatever their called), keychains, zippo lighters...

did they change owners? and why the change from citgo to chevron???
    i guess chevron bought all the "u pak it" stores. seems like every one of them has changed from citgo.

under normal circumstances a station doesnt make a ton on gas sales, but, along tech drive the profits are more than normal. Its a about location, and that location is near tech. Tech is responsable for a majority of their profits so that to me is where their loyalty should be. I would bet you a nickel to a donut that a large part of their instore profits are from drinks. I mean really, how can you gas up the car without getting a little fuel for yourself.

again, i honestly havent seen all the lsu merchansdise that you've described.

i guess chevron bought all the "u pak it" stores. seems like every one of them has changed from citgo.

under normal circumstances a station doesnt make a ton on gas sales, but, along tech drive the profits are more than normal. Its a about location, and that location is near tech. Tech is responsable for a majority of their profits so that to me is where their loyalty should be. I would bet you a nickel to a donut that a large part of their instore profits are from drinks. I mean really, how can you gas up the car without getting a little fuel for yourself.

again, i honestly havent seen all the lsu merchansdise that you've described.
    I've noticed that too, just wondering if anyone might would know why... but i do like the chevron look a lot better than the citgo look.

i get gad for my truck from there all the time without going in and buying somethign to drink... then again, i have gone in there a lot of times just to get something to drink before too.

they don't offer all the merchandise at once, just randomly whatever they feel like putting out or have in stock from what i've seen. i didn't see an "overwhelming" amount of lsu stuff in there the other night.

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    It could be because of the Citgo boycott/buycott issue. Here are two links giving differing positions:
    http://citgoboycott.org/
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/citgo.asp
    I doubt it is because of this... but I wouldn't mind if it was.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Evan's Oil owned most (if not all) the Citgo's in the area. I've heard that he wanted to change brands when the Citgo news first broke. It took a while, but he finally made the move and it was announced back in September that they would change to Chevron.

Seems like I've heard their ads run during Tech games over the years. Ed could confirm.

Chou, you know somebody who knows somebody who can make a call for you to get these items removed and hopefully get the punk who waited on your wife fired.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Evan's Oil owned most (if not all) the Citgo's in the area. I've heard that he wanted to change brands when the Citgo news first broke. It took a while, but he finally made the move and it was announced back in September that they would change to Chevron.

Seems like I've heard their ads run during Tech games over the years. Ed could confirm.

Chou, you know somebody who knows somebody who can make a call for you to get these items removed and hopefully get the punk who waited on your wife fired.
    you tell'n or ask'n? :icon_wink:

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

LSU products should not be displayed or sold in Ruston City limits. Violators should be hanged by their nads.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    LSU products should not be displayed or sold in Ruston City limits. Violators should be hanged by their nads.
    "Pressure" should be applied to city legislators to pass a law...

+ Reply to Thread