+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mercedes or BMW

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Mercedes or BMW

I'm look'n at buying another car...I want either a Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3 series. I wonder which ones better. So far I've been leaning on getting a Mercedes C-Class '04-05 model (most I've seen is in my price range).

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Re: Mercedes or BMW

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I'm look'n at buying another car...I want either a Mercedes C-Class or BMW 3 series. I wonder which ones better. So far I've been leaning on getting a Mercedes C-Class '04-05 model (most I've seen is in my price range).
    Are you looking for a standard transmission?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    How long do you plan on keeping it? When you say it's in your price range, have you researched any maintenance and repair costs? Not cheap. For either make. I can't tell you the number of times people come in to get repairs for their pre-owned European vehicles they bought because they were more affordable only to find out that you can't get pre-owned prices on maintenance and repairs. And good luck finding a non-dealer shop to work on them. While there are some, they aren't that much of a discount and could take days considering the backlogs they usually have.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Automatic Transmission.
    I'm looking at certified preowned mercedes c-class in Little Rock...some range from 22-25K or maybe a BMW. Also theres a import car repair shop down the road from me. I'm plan on keeping it 3-4 years. This will be my second car, going to keep the current one I drive everyday.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Damn boy a second car!? Don't ever complain about being tight on money to me again.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

The C-class drives well and is a very "solid" car (you'll know what I'm talking about when you drive it). That said, be ready to spend a lot for repairs, because they don't come cheap and after 5 years it will need them (see Dirtydawg's post).

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Damn boy a second car!? Don't ever complain about being tight on money to me again.
    Hey I'm almost paid up on my current one...so gonna keep that as my everyday econo car. The second one is for fun and to get the ladies.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I would look at Acura and Lexus - better reliability, still look cool and go fast.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

a lot better options out there other than mercedes and bmw

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Well, if you HAVE to be a girly man and drive a car, I'd go with the Beamer.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

If you want the ladies (and have something that makes you feel like a man), buy a Chevy Silverado Z-71 Truck!! All women like trucks plus you can use it to hunt, tow a fishing or ski boat, tow a tractor, tow a trailer, tow a camper, pull your buddy out of mud when he gets his car stuck, etc ...

"You're a man -- you're 40!!"

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    If you want the ladies (and have something that makes you feel like a man), buy a Chevy Silverado Z-71 Truck!! All women like trucks plus you can use it to hunt, tow a fishing or ski boat, tow a tractor, tow a trailer, tow a camper, pull your buddy out of mud when he gets his car stuck, etc ...

"You're a man -- you're 40!!"
    Or, even better, a Ram.

"COME AFTER ME!"

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Or, even better, a Ram.

"COME AFTER ME!"
    "THAT'S GARBAGE!"

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

If you gotta have the "car" to get the ladies, save your money and start looking for the ladies elsewhere.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

E46 M3, FTW!
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

+ Reply to Thread