+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TBS coverage of playoffs

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

TBS coverage of playoffs

Thoughts?

Too much like a Brave's game for me. ESPN is sooooo much better. I like Tony Gwynn, but I have to hit the volume when he speaks. Not a good voice for this.

I guess Harold Reynolds is busy with his lawsuit against ESPN. I can't believe that TBS didn't snatch him up to do these games.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: TBS coverage of playoffs

Same thoughts I had -

Like Tony Gwynn - needs time to mature in the role -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I've always thought TBS had the best announcers (granted, I'm a Braves fan). I can't stand most ESPN announcers, especially Joe Morgan and John Miller. Seems like ESPN announcers (for every sport) try to make every play out to be the greatest play in the history of the sport, when it's really not that serious. I've always liked the laid back, "its just a game and entertainment" approach the TBS announcers seem to have.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Gwynn was right on when he spoke up for A-Rod (saying he's swinging well) just moments before he hit his HR in the last game for the Yanks.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

I've been pretty pleased overall with the announcers, or at least as I can be. Rooting for the Saints and Indians, no announcer, other than those employed by the organization, gives my team a chance. Not that the root against them, its just that everything seems to be "Why aren't the Yankees doing any better" or "Here come the Yankees" in game 4 when the last HR was hit followed by a single and then a double play.

I am ready for more of the same because I think one national sports guy has said the Indians make the WS. Boston is so good and Manny and Ortiz are hot and the pitching is there. Oh yeah and the fact that Boston won the season series 6 or 7 to 2, but then again the Yankees swept the Indians in the regular season. We shall see...

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atobulldog View Post
    I've been pretty pleased overall with the announcers, or at least as I can be. Rooting for the Saints and Indians, no announcer, other than those employed by the organization, gives my team a chance. Not that the root against them, its just that everything seems to be "Why aren't the Yankees doing any better" or "Here come the Yankees" in game 4 when the last HR was hit followed by a single and then a double play.

I am ready for more of the same because I think one national sports guy has said the Indians make the WS. Boston is so good and Manny and Ortiz are hot and the pitching is there. Oh yeah and the fact that Boston won the season series 6 or 7 to 2, but then again the Yankees swept the Indians in the regular season. We shall see...
    I agree with you. I have been pretty pleased overall with the announcers. Other than clearly wanting certain teams (NYY, BOS, PHI, Cubs) to win I don't recall any problems with game commentary. The "here come the yankees" comment really stood out. It was probably just "hopeful" of a yankees comeback to force game 5. I think the network wanted a NYY-BOS ALCS and a PHI-Cubs NLCS. It is a ratings issue.

GO Tribe!!!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I agree with you. I have been pretty pleased overall with the announcers. Other than clearly wanting certain teams (NYY, BOS, PHI, Cubs) to win I don't recall any problems with game commentary. The "here come the yankees" comment really stood out. It was probably just "hopeful" of a yankees comeback to force game 5. I think the network wanted a NYY-BOS ALCS and a PHI-Cubs NLCS. It is a ratings issue.

GO Tribe!!!
    I haven't watched much of the playoffs, but surely they can't be rooting for BOS/NYY more than ESPN does, can they?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I may be dreaming, but I recall being frustrated for the past several years because divisional games would be played at the same time and fans would not be able to see the broadcast of some of the games.

TBS remedied this by the unique day off given in the Boston series.

From this standpoint, I would say that the coverage was much better because it was complete coverage of every game.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I may be dreaming, but I recall being frustrated for the past several years because divisional games would be played at the same time and fans would not be able to see the broadcast of some of the games.

TBS remedied this by the unique day off given in the Boston series.

From this standpoint, I would say that the coverage was much better because it was complete coverage of every game.
    I don't think you're dreaming - the scheduling has been much better. For games that did happen to overlap due to the length of one game, TNT broadcasts one while TBS broadcasts the other. That was great.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

The Eastern Sports Propaganda Network only cares about the Stankees and the Blowsox.
    Go Tech!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Go Tribe!

Pulling for a Tribe v Rockie matchup in the Series -

Love Chief Wahoo - one of the best insignia's in professional sports ever.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

I would like to see Cleveland vs Colorado, too.
    Go Tech!

+ Reply to Thread