+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Voting YES will improve many recreational facilities around campus.

You can vote online between 9:00am on APRIL 17 and 3:00pm on APRIL 18 at www.latechsga.com.

Voting YES will increase student fees by $25 a quarter.

Voting YES will provide students:
    • A new swimming facility connected to the intramural center with an indoor olympic sized 50m pool with an olympic diving facility, an indoor 25m pool, and an outdoor leisure pool.
    • A new tennis facility between the fieldhouse and the track.
    • A new bowling facility in the intramural center.
    • The health center will be moved into the intramural center and transformed into a wellness center.
    • A cabana restaurant which will be half indoor/half outdoor at the intramural center/pool.
    • The old natatorium will be transformed into a service learning center.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Re: Vote YES for CHANGE FOR CHANGE

Can you vote more than once? Cuz I would vote YES a million times if i could. Looks like a SOLID plan! Hey, Blue, where can one go to see those pictures, and how soon is the school looking at getting this started?
    Last edited by AG_jr; 04-07-2007 at 09:25 PM. Reason: question to blue

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

I don't mean to speak for Blue, but I believe if it passes (and it better by about 94%), they will start almost immediately, and at the latest by the summer. Correct me if I'm wrong, Blue

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

That's good to hear. I think the facebook group said it would take about 3 years, but I didn't know if that meant 3 years to build or 3 years to start.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

You can join a Facebook group that has the same name as the title of this thread. It gives more info too. Part of it states:

"- Tech administration has assured the committee that ground will be broken in July of this year. We are looking at a target completion of no longer than 2 years.

DON'T FREAK OUT THOUGH!! Check this out: Say you are currently a sophmore who will pay into this fee until graduation. You graduate in Spring of 2009. So mathematically you have paid these fees for approximately 2 years. TECH WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE ALL OF THE NEWLY BUILT FACILITIES FOR 2 YEARS AFTER YOUR GRADUATION DATE! I don't know if anyone knows about this, but once you graduate- if you want to use any of the recreational facilities you have to pay a membership fee. The fee is discounted for alumni, but it is still about $150 a year. So this "extension" would eliminate the membership fee for all of those who have paid into the Change for Change referendum.

Also regarding donations: it would be nearly impossible to raise enough money to accomplish our goals for updated facilities. Additionally for the students who do not utilize the Lambright center or any other related facilities, there will be improvements that will effect you as well. By moving the student health center it will provide better/ more comprehensive on-campus healthcare. The Nat will be converted into a center for The Solution, which targets at-risk teens. This center can also be used for events when community children come to Louisiana Tech.

Students, this fee will truly give us the opportunity to legitimize our school. Tech is a great place that doesn't get a lot of recognition. With incredibly modern facilities and important social programs, we will truly put our school on the map. 50 cents a day (which is what the fee evens out to be) isn't a big price to pay for something that will so greatly influence the Ruston community in such a positive way. "

If you are a student vote YES!. Ya'll will actually be able to use it for 2 years after you graduate!

BLUE, is this information posted anywhere on SGA's website??? You might also want to put this in the Genreal Sports Section. It would keep the Alumni posted of what is going on too.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Sounds like a great deal. I have a few questions. Does anyone have any info on the Tennis facility? Is it going to indeed be a facility or just a couple of courts? Is this an indication that our admin. is going to finally step up and support this program?

Also are we going to add swimming and diving in the future? I say this because I am curious as to why we are adding a competitive swimming/diving pool as opposed to more of a recreational swimming pool.

Once again this sounds like a fantastic deal for the students and university in general. I am just curious as to how it might effect our athletic dept. in a positive way. If it doesn't it is still a good deal for Tech so I am for it.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Sounds like a great deal. I have a few questions. Does anyone have any info on the Tennis facility? Is it going to indeed be a facility or just a couple of courts? Is this an indication that our admin. is going to finally step up and support this program?

Also are we going to add swimming and diving in the future? I say this because I am curious as to why we are adding a competitive swimming/diving pool as opposed to more of a recreational swimming pool.

Once again this sounds like a fantastic deal for the students and university in general. I am just curious as to how it might effect our athletic dept. in a positive way. If it doesn't it is still a good deal for Tech so I am for it.
    I hope we do, it would be a good, relatively inexpensive sport. My brother swam in highschool, meets are actually pretty enjoyable.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    Can you vote more than once? Cuz I would vote YES a million times if i could. Looks like a SOLID plan! Hey, Blue, where can one go to see those pictures, and how soon is the school looking at getting this started?
    Nope. You can only vote once, but please get all of your friends to vote.

You can go by the intramural center to see more pictures. They should have a cardboard model by the time we get back from break. There are also a few more pictures that I will try to get a hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    I don't mean to speak for Blue, but I believe if it passes (and it better by about 94%), they will start almost immediately, and at the latest by the summer. Correct me if I'm wrong, Blue
    Correct! We are looking at May/June and at the very latest July.

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    That's good to hear. I think the facebook group said it would take about 3 years, but I didn't know if that meant 3 years to build or 3 years to start.
    TWO years my friend. Completed in 2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    You can join a Facebook group that has the same name as the title of this thread. It gives more info too. Part of it states:

"- Tech administration has assured the committee that ground will be broken in July of this year. We are looking at a target completion of no longer than 2 years.

DON'T FREAK OUT THOUGH!! Check this out: Say you are currently a sophmore who will pay into this fee until graduation. You graduate in Spring of 2009. So mathematically you have paid these fees for approximately 2 years. TECH WILL ALLOW YOU TO USE ALL OF THE NEWLY BUILT FACILITIES FOR 2 YEARS AFTER YOUR GRADUATION DATE! I don't know if anyone knows about this, but once you graduate- if you want to use any of the recreational facilities you have to pay a membership fee. The fee is discounted for alumni, but it is still about $150 a year. So this "extension" would eliminate the membership fee for all of those who have paid into the Change for Change referendum.

Also regarding donations: it would be nearly impossible to raise enough money to accomplish our goals for updated facilities. Additionally for the students who do not utilize the Lambright center or any other related facilities, there will be improvements that will effect you as well. By moving the student health center it will provide better/ more comprehensive on-campus healthcare. The Nat will be converted into a center for The Solution, which targets at-risk teens. This center can also be used for events when community children come to Louisiana Tech.

Students, this fee will truly give us the opportunity to legitimize our school. Tech is a great place that doesn't get a lot of recognition. With incredibly modern facilities and important social programs, we will truly put our school on the map. 50 cents a day (which is what the fee evens out to be) isn't a big price to pay for something that will so greatly influence the Ruston community in such a positive way. "

If you are a student vote YES!. Ya'll will actually be able to use it for 2 years after you graduate!

BLUE, is this information posted anywhere on SGA's website??? You might also want to put this in the Genreal Sports Section. It would keep the Alumni posted of what is going on too.
    They are working on the SGA website right now getting it prepared for elections. There are flyers and posters all around campus. We are also meeting will all of the large organizations including athletic teams to tell them to vote YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post

The tennis facility will consist of 8 courts to be used by the Tech tennis team as well as the student body. That's all I know.

Tech is planning on starting a swimming and diving team.

Also, the 25m indoor pool that was previously mentioned will benefit the athletic department. It will be sort of set apart from the other swimming facilities and most likely, primarily used by various athletic programs. That was idea behind the 25m pool.

This entire project will greatly benefit the athletic department.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE View Post
    The tennis facility will consist of 8 courts to be used by the Tech tennis team as well as the student body. That's all I know.

Tech is planning on starting a swimming and diving team.

Also, the 25m indoor pool that was previously mentioned will benefit the athletic department. It will be sort of set apart from the other swimming facilities and most likely, primarily used by various athletic programs. That was idea behind the 25m pool.

This entire project will greatly benefit the athletic department.
    Thanks Elwood. Sounds exciting!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Here's my question. Has the SGA and/or others in charge of this new measure actually researched it this time to be sure it will fit into the rules of expenditures unlike they did with the athletic fee? I'd hate to see this get passed only to have the money tied up because there was some sort of obscure rule forbidding this spending.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

I'll vote for it, since I'll never actually pay for it (I'd vote for it anyway).

+ Reply to Thread