+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MajorDad reporting live from Iraq

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Re: MajorDad reporting live from Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by 007dawg View Post
    Have you been able to get a ride in one yet? I hear it beats the socks off the Frog.
    No, not yet. They started flying AFTER I arrived. Hopefully, I'll get my chance when we start heading home. Since we manage the passenger terminal way out here, I've had the opportunity to talk to people that rode it for the first time. They love it!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Got to one recently. Those things are frickin' awesome... Almost would make me want to switch from joining the Army to joining the Marines (among other factors).

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

You mentioned the Cobra and Bell helocopter. My father did the flight test and R&D on the Cobra when he was an employee of Bell in the 60's. Talk about having some stories to tell!!!

Chris

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

It's not unusual to see five up-armored HMMWVs driving though our camp, each with radios, machine gunners in the turrets, personnel wearing their uniforms properly to include helmets fastened with chin straps, good dispersion between vehicles, etc.

However comma.....I never thought I see the day when I'd see IRAQIS driving those HMMWVs! If you don't think that's to unusual, then let me tell you what it looked like during Desert Storm. I was a TOW gunner and it was so easy to defeat an entire tank company. All you had to do was hit the tanks or jeeps with antennas and the rest of them would surrender. The leadership never told them what to do if the leaders were killed. They didn't know who was on their left or right, what the final result desired was, where to go if they were getting overrun, etc. They were a ragged bunch of nasties let me tell you. What I saw today is a completely different bunch of soldiers. Of course, we'd still kick their butts if they try to get sassy again

Believe me people, progress is being made! Hopefully this whole thing will be over and we can move on to other countries that need a** beatings. (coughing)Iran(cough, cough)

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Thanks MajorDad!! Keep up the good work and keep posting when you get a chance.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDad View Post
    It's not unusual to see five up-armored HMMWVs driving though our camp, each with radios, machine gunners in the turrets, personnel wearing their uniforms properly to include helmets fastened with chin straps, good dispersion between vehicles, etc.

However comma.....I never thought I see the day when I'd see IRAQIS driving those HMMWVs! If you don't think that's to unusual, then let me tell you what it looked like during Desert Storm. I was a TOW gunner and it was so easy to defeat an entire tank company. All you had to do was hit the tanks or jeeps with antennas and the rest of them would surrender. The leadership never told them what to do if the leaders were killed. They didn't know who was on their left or right, what the final result desired was, where to go if they were getting overrun, etc. They were a ragged bunch of nasties let me tell you. What I saw today is a completely different bunch of soldiers. Of course, we'd still kick their butts if they try to get sassy again

Believe me people, progress is being made! Hopefully this whole thing will be over and we can move on to other countries that need a** beatings. (coughing)Iran(cough, cough)
    Sure appreciate your insight directly from the battlefield. Glad to hear of your willingness to go over there repeatedly and where needed!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent! Keep on keeping on!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Hay Major....do you want a care package and how would we get it to you? And, of course, what do your you and your guys want?

Can anyone tell me an easy way to reduce the amount of memory each photo takes so I can post pictures? BB&B has a limit on the size, so I can't post anything.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Can anyone tell me an easy way to reduce the amount of memory each photo takes so I can post pictures? BB&B has a limit on the size, so I can't post anything.
    Resize the photo to a smaller measurement

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Assuming you are using Win XP, go to this link http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
    and download the "Image Resizer" application. That lets you right-click on a picture (or a whole folder of pictures) and resize them in a snap. It gives you the option of either resizing the original or creating a smaller second copy in the same folder.

Puppy Vettessister has turned a few heads around hereVettessister has turned a few heads around hereVettessister has turned a few heads around here Vettessister's Avatar

You take care of yourself over there! The kids send their love and keep their "Uncle Bonners" in their prayers.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    You mentioned the Cobra and Bell helocopter. My father did the flight test and R&D on the Cobra when he was an employee of Bell in the 60's. Talk about having some stories to tell!!!

Chris
    Chris:

Who is your dad? I'm sure there are folks I work with that worked with him. I did a two year stint in Flight Test. Send me a PM.

Thanks!

Kirk

+ Reply to Thread