+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Dawg to keep an eye on

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: 'Dawg to keep an eye on

i'm not being argumentative. This guy also said that Olu was going to Red-shirt and that Mimms was ineligible.

Jay said he was wrong on those two statements and that D.J. would be on the court the last day of the fall semester.

Is Jay's information bad?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    i'm not being argumentative. This guy also said that Olu was going to Red-shirt and that Mimms was ineligible.

Jay said he was wrong on those two statements and that D.J. would be on the court the last day of the fall semester.

I also heard what Jay said. However, back when DJ signed none of us knew he wouldn't be on campus by now. I also think there's some credence to Olu considering a red shirt. I really don't know about Brandon's eligibility.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Olu will not RS and DJ will be on campus the day after the first game accoring to TECH people not some website or anonymous poster. I trust the people I know more than this info.

Puppy Horatio is on the way downHoratio is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

What I said was "Mims and Wright are apparently ineligible and Ashaolu may still redshirt."

Olu may redshirt, not definitely will redshirt.

The report by Jim Thomas was just an interesting read mentioning DJ's situation.

From what I know, much of that report has some substance. DJ has been led to believe that he will be eligible at Division 1 programs (LSU/Louisiana Tech) for the past year by Nikita Johnson and DJ's advisor, Ro Russell. He is currently playing for the same prep team he has played for the last 3 years and is now beginning his seventh year of high school/prep. It's embarrassing.

The problem I have is if Louisiana Tech has continued to tell him that he can become eligible when he doesn't have a chance. To me, that's unethical.

Since he has chosen to play for the TAPS Prep team again this semester, can he play in the winter semester at Louisiana Tech? If he has to redshirt then he will be a 21 year old freshman next fall. Doesn't that mean an automatic loss of an eligibility year?

I understand those who don't want to believe anything I have to say. It's not pretty, but I think it's important to give the fan base a warning about some of the situation early on.
    Last edited by Horatio; 10-25-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    The problem I have is if Louisiana Tech has continued to tell him that he can become eligible when he doesn't have a chance. To me, that's unethical.
    Why would Tech (or any other school for that matter) tell a kid that he can become eligible if the school knows that he doesn't have a chance??

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Why would Tech (or any other school for that matter) tell a kid that he can become eligible if the school knows that he doesn't have a chance??
    More importantly, why would they waste a scholarship on him?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Isn't it also unethical to lie in articles? How come you aren't telling me why Olu doesn't count as a Grassroots Canada player?

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Spoke to Olu today. I didn't ask him about red-shirting, but he did say that all DJ has to do to be eligible for winter quarter is take his SAT in time.

+ Reply to Thread