+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homeschoolers?

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

Homeschoolers?

Any homeschoolers out there?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Re: Homeschoolers?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickeydad View Post
    Any homeschoolers out there?
    Yes. Just started this year with our oldest. I find the expectation that I would be asked daily "what about socialization" has given way to "man thats cool" or "we might do that when we have kids". It really has been a positive experience and our biggest concern, which was support, has turned out to be the best part of it. In fact the fantastic local support for homeschooling and the extremely favorable legal situation in Louisiana is 90% of the reason I plan to stay in Louisiana for the rest of my career. In Louisiana you can get TOPS by reporting your last two years of high school worth of work to the state -- my kid is not 7 yet so I am not at the filing paperwork with the state phase. I know a family who sent their homeschooled daughter to Tech this past year on TOPS.

Big Dog Rickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really niceRickeydad is just really nice

We just started a few weeks ago. We (mostly my wife) are homeschooling four at the moment (K-5). There's a bunch of homeschoolers over here in Austin, and Texas makes it pretty easy too.

The first week was sort of a shock to us, and not much got done, but things are starting to roll now.

Varsity Bulldog roedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really nice

Who is the contact person for the home school association in your area?

I don't know. I suppose I could look it up. We are members of THSC and HSLDA. I'm sure one of them has a local rep.

There's also a couple of groups organized by local families that my wife found online easily.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Yes! Our two oldest for the past six years, the youngest always (seven years).

+ Reply to Thread