+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Easy yards untaken

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Easy yards untaken

I don't know who to fault but there were several times when we were running the hurry up offence catching Boise with guys all over the field and yet we wouldn't snap the ball. To have done so would have resulted in some easy yards and some critical first downs. Boise would have adjusted after a time or two but then they wouldn't have been able to make player changes.

Good coahing on Tech's behalf would have taken advantage of this.

Mental errors still rear up and hurt Tech at the worst possible times. When a ball carrier or reciever is stopped - go down - don't fumble.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Easy yards untaken

I agree, 100%. There were several times late in the game when Tech's offense was set to go, but the Boise St defense was badly fumbling around and not lined up ready to play.

But instead of snapping the ball and taking advantage of Boise's unreadiness, Champion acted like a real "gentleman" and waited nicely for the Bozy defenders to assume their positions before snapping the friggin ball.

HD

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Sitting on row 7. The problem was the Umpire. He had not set the ball for play therefore Champion could not snap the ball.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Sitting on row 7. The problem was the Umpire. He had not set the ball for play therefore Champion could not snap the ball.
    That is only PARTIALLY true. There were other times when the ref was actually awake, and Champion just chose to wait to "read" the defense.

We have to quit blaming the refs for EVERYTHING.

HD

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That is only PARTIALLY true. There were other times when the ref was actually awake, and Champion just chose to wait to "read" the defense.

We have to quit blaming the refs for EVERYTHING.

HD
    Who cares what a Baylor fan thinks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Who cares what a Baylor fan thinks!!!!
    You just can't get past it, can you fatboy?

HD

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

I am sorry, but where did I blame the refs for everything????

There were several times where Champion had to wait for our WR to get into position. If he snaps with ball with our WR still jogging to position, then we get the penalty. Not exactly a smart move.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

You just can't get past it, can you fatboy?

HD
    Nope. Chicken neck.

Actually, I am waiting to see your name on the CHAMPS list and I will shout HALLELUJAH!

Nope. Chicken neck.

Actually, I am waiting to see your name on the CHAMPS list and I will shout HALLELUJAH!
    Will you match me dollar for dollar? I can arrange it.

HD

HD

Hell no. you've got depression era money buried in your backyard. Just get your name on the list.

HD
    This could get good!!!!

Wish we had a popcorn icon!!!

Hell no. you've got depression era money buried in your backyard. Just get your name on the list.
    No depression era money here. My father is still barbering at age 70 something. He'll give you a hell of a good haircut, though.

FYI, as far back as I can remember, I usually write my Champs membership check every December. And this ain't the first year Tech has screwed up my name on the list. I've had to say something to them (AD dept) almost every year. I don't even look anymore. It's enough to make a preacher cuss.

HD

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    There were a couple of times that Champion was calling repeatedly for the snap and the center simply didn't snap it. I realize Lon is only a freshman, but he really needs to focus on improving his game awareness next season. His growing pains have cost us several times now.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    There were a couple of times that Champion was calling repeatedly for the snap and the center simply didn't snap it. I realize Lon is only a freshman, but he really needs to focus on improving his game awareness next season. His growing pains have cost us several times now.
    If you were watching on TV, and could read lips, you could see that Dooley was upset at Lon. As a whole, we're a young team and the young guys are gonna make goofy mistakes from time to time. I think that what killed us last night was that some of our upperclassman on D made some very foolish mistakes (coverage mainly). I know that "building for the future" conversation usually applies to QBs (Champion had his best game last night, I thought...minus the early interception...that was bonehead stuff), but accross the board we're getting young guys time. Our starting safeties are Sophomores. Three freshman played (albiet, poorly at times) on the O-Line. Livas is already our most explosive offensive weapon as a true freshman. Minus Wheeler, Joe Anderson is our most reliable WR (who's got speed as well). If we can replace our Tackles, this offense could be very good for the next 3 years.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    ...Champion had his best game last night, I thought...
    I agree that he had a good game and made very few mistakes last night. A couple of things I think he could still improve on - step into or thru the pocket when the rush comes from the outside - he stepped right into a defender being pushed around the pocket and took about an 8 yd loss. Probably could have gotten back to the LOS if he had ran and maybe even have spotted a receiver given another couple of seconds.

Also, when the receivers are covered, look to the open field to run. In the 3rd quarter (I think?) all of the receivers were in the north endzone running to the east. There was no one to Champions left. If he would have just looked back that way he probably could have ran the 25 yards for a TD instead of throwing it away.

But these are minor complaints, I think he did a good job last night.

+ Reply to Thread