+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the Saints fans.

Big Dog jlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the roughjlam is a jewel in the rough jlam's Avatar

Re: Congrats to the Saints fans.

As much as I thoroughly dislike the Cowboys, it's hard to argue that they are still the class of the NFC until proven otherwise. The Packers keep winning sqeakers, the Giants have already lost to Dallas once and it's kind of hard to take them seriously when you know that team has next to zero fortitude down the stretch (3rd straight year they've started 6-2). Dallas has some challenging games down the stretch, but nothing that really jumps out as a game they shouldn't win. 'Skins twice, Pack, Giants, Philly twice, and Detroit are all "tough" games, but I don't really see them finishing any worse than 12-4, 11-5 at the worst. In the NFC, that may be all they need for HFA.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jlam View Post
    As much as I thoroughly dislike the Cowboys, it's hard to argue that they are still the class of the NFC until proven otherwise. The Packers keep winning sqeakers, the Giants have already lost to Dallas once and it's kind of hard to take them seriously when you know that team has next to zero fortitude down the stretch (3rd straight year they've started 6-2). Dallas has some challenging games down the stretch, but nothing that really jumps out as a game they shouldn't win. 'Skins twice, Pack, Giants, Philly twice, and Detroit are all "tough" games, but I don't really see them finishing any worse than 12-4, 11-5 at the worst. In the NFC, that may be all they need for HFA.

OK, this thread was about DA SAINTS. Not the Cowgirls! IMHO, that's like hijacking TECH threads with LSU poop.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Get your facts straight. The cowboys didn't "coin" themselves "americas team." This term was coined by the media in the '70's when the cowboys dominated the ratings nationally. Sure, they ran with it, but they would be stupid not to. And, If you can't get the Saint's game on tv during thanksgiving maybe that's because they don't play on thanksgiving. As for Christmas, they probably don't show the Saints games because they are usually well out of it by then.

No you need to get YOUR facts straight -

Tex Straham (sp?) coined the phrase in the 70's and SOLD it through much EFFORT to the media -

If you remember, it was an EFFORT to get the public's eye of the image of Dallas being where JFK was assinated -

I suggest that you need to explore and study the old NFL FILMS vault to update YOUR HISTORY of YOUR BELOVED COWBOYS....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Tex Straham (sp?) coined the phrase in the 70's and SOLD it through much EFFORT to the media -

If you remember, it was an EFFORT to get the public's eye of the image of Dallas being where JFK was assinated -

I suggest that you need to explore and study the old NFL FILMS vault to update YOUR HISTORY of YOUR BELOVED COWBOYS....
    You would be correct.

For you Tyler ...from an ex-Cowboy fan

Also, did you know that Schram is the one who came up with ideas many of today's football rules and fixtures?

He thought to extend the goalpost upward and extend the white sidelines by more than a few inches.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DFM and MD! I guess these young guys really believed the "America's Team" was true. Who would've thought?
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 10-30-2007 at 10:59 PM.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You would be correct.

For you Tyler ...from an ex-Cowboy fan

Also, did you know that Schram is the one who came up with ideas many of today's football rules and fixtures?

He thought to extend the goalpost upward and extend the white sidelines by more than a few inches.
    If I am not mistaken he also came up with the idea of the pylons in the corners of the end zone.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I suggest that you need to explore and study the old NFL FILMS vault to update THE HISTORY of AMERICA'S BELOVED COWBOYS....
    Yep.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

This guy says NFL films gave them the title and Tex Schramm ran with it......

Introduction
    First, let me say this is in no way a shot at SouthernCheeseHead or her post. In fact, I think it’s a well written post and a good point. It just got me thinking about this whole “America’s Team” thing and how much I like applying it to my Dallas Cowboys.
    But I’ve always wondered why the Cowboys adopted the title. I mean, they didn’t coin it. It was coined for them after they lost Super Bowl XIII to the Steelers. I think part of the reason it was coined was because the Steelers were the dominant team of that decade. They were the dynasty and we all know how much people hate dynasties. The Cowboys seemed like the only true and consistent challenger to the Steelers dominance so, I feel, that’s part of the reason they were so embraced.
    So, I began to do a little research and theorizing on why exactly the Cowboys are called “America’s Team” and I’ve stumbled upon some interesting results.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs..._Cowboys/27830

From Wikipedia:

[edit] 1960s thru 1970s

The team was first known as the Dallas Steers, then the Dallas Rangers before settling on the name "Cowboys" for the 1960 season. As their popularity grew beyond the borders of Texas, however, they became known as "America's Team", which was the title of the team's 1978 NFL season highlights film. When that nickname was used by a sports announcer the following year, it stuck, and they've been referred to as such by sportscasters every year since then, including being introduced as "America's Team" during the opening of the October 9, 2007 Monday Night Football game against the Buffalo Bills.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Cowboys

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Back to the SAINTS......

WHO DAT!!!!

Now let's take care of the Jags!!

There is more but since this is a Saints thread I am just going to say GO SAINTS!! and bow out.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasbb View Post
    Back to the SAINTS......

WHO DAT!!!!

Now let's take care of the Jags!!

Back to who??? lol.

Beat the Jags!

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Thanks DFM and MD! I guess these young guys really believed the "America's Team" was true. Who've thought?
    Just because I am a "young guy" doesn't mean I am wrong. Believe whatever helps you get by, but the truth is the title was given to them and they ran with it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    Just because I am a "young guy" doesn't mean I am wrong. Believe whatever helps you get by, but the truth is the title was given to them and they ran with it.
    That's what the links I posted say. NFL Films gave them the title. A sportscaster then started calling them that and then Tex Schramm ran with it. Oh well....... Doesn't really matter much though. Unless they are playing the Cowboys I wish the Saints well. Good Luck Saints fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

THE SAINTS>>>
    ARE COMING!

THE SAINTS>>>
    ARE COMING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGhTWE98DU
    Bump

4 in a row baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seGhTWE98DU

+ Reply to Thread