+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baton Rouge Alumni Group

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

Baton Rouge Alumni Group

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but is there a Baton Rouge, Tech alumni group? I moved here back in January,and I think Im the only one here, lol. I know I'm not, that's joking. But if there is, I'd like to know when they meet.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Baton Rouge Alumni Group

We only meet during the fall on Saturdays that LSU plays at home. We meet at the north side of Mike the Tigers habitat.

Big Dog mjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud ofmjl006 has much to be proud of

so there arent any Tech game watching parties in the area?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Just kidding. Actually, we've had watching parties in the past. I don't know of anything planned for this weekend. It's really nearly impossible getting a place to show it anywhere if LSU is on for even a part of the game. No one will take any t.v.s away from LSU. In the past, we've always met at the Fox and the Hound. They've been reasonably accomodating when there's no conflict.

But this game is going to be on Cox Sports Channel 37, so I'll probably watch it from my recliner.

awesome. if you guys meet there again, i'd like to join you, if ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mjl006 View Post
    awesome. if you guys meet there again, i'd like to join you, if ok.
    Definitely okay. Maybe next year, we can get a little more organized. I think some of us, at least me for sure, are still waiting on Reneau to prove his dedication to our athletics by getting rid of JOakes before we get too much more involved with trying to get something going again. Reddawg and some others did a great job several years ago with this.

ive already tossed my hat in the ring as oakes replacement so maybe something will happen, lol.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

We met at BWW at first and then that place between OTB and Macaroni Grill that went out of business. The last one or two were at F&H, which is my least favotite place.

Big Dog bjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her gamebjude64 is on top of his/her game bjude64's Avatar

Hey Lange,

My brother and a few friends are in BR now, but I think they usually watch the games at home. You can send him a message if your interested in getting something together; his name is bad_man on here.

-Brian

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    We met at BWW at first and then that place between OTB and Macaroni Grill that went out of business. The last one or two were at F&H, which is my least favotite place.
    I've got a 62" HDTV, so it is hard to get me away from that on game days. I've thought of playing hostess, but then I remember that I don't really like to cook.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember Fox & Hound blaring LSU crappy marching band music over the loudspeakers really loudly during the latter part of our game at Florida last time, with LSUers starting to heckle as usual. I told my supervisor at work about this, and he's close to the folks at Fox & Hound, so he said that shouldn't happen next time(changing channels and playing the loud LSU music), if I just let him know beforehand.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I've got a 62" HDTV, so it is hard to get me away from that on game days. I've thought of playing hostess, but then I remember that I don't really like to cook.
    How about next time, you host and I'll cook. I'm out of town this weekend, but any time after that, I'm in.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man View Post
    How about next time, you host and I'll cook. I'm out of town this weekend, but any time after that, I'm in.
    Now, that sounds like an excellent idea! We'll have to plan something for next year!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

I will be teaming up with co workers putting on a roof to help a coworker whose son was killed in Houston, so I will miss this game no matter where it is shown. I am jealous of Markay's 62" TV though.

+ Reply to Thread