86. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's OK to continue living the lie based on false hope

26 30.23%
  • Drop to 1AA and petition the SLC for membership

60 69.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iwas DEAD serious -

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Iwas DEAD serious -

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Those are stupid poll questions.

There CLEARLY should be a 3rd option......FIRE Oakes and attempt to do Div 1A right!!! That would get my vote.

HD
    EXACTLY!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I agree with the firing of Oakes option -

But it's beginning to become PAINFULLY clear that is NOT A THIRD option -

Fact is - if our administration THINKS that we cannot AFFORD to host two BCS SCHOOLS in the same year, we have NO BUSINESS pretending to be D-1A....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Maybe we are pointing at the wrong person. Maybe the buck does not stop with the AD....

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Under Oakes, we'd eventually be pretending to be IAA...then pretending to be DII...then pretending to be DIII...then pretending to be Ruston High.

Our problem is not our division...our problem is our incompetent AD. Don't worry...if Oakes isn't replaced, we'll be in the Southland soon, but mark my words, the slide won't end there. Y'all prepare to make that road trip down to LC for our big conference game!

Amen, bro Johnny. What is the biggest shame, is that we have an amazing Coach in Dooley. If this insane leadership continues, I would be shocked if he stayed until the end of his contract. Why would or should he? This also flies in the face of Dr. Reneaus 2020 plan. Tech has some top quality coaching (Football, Basketball, and Baseball), why then do we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot? Has JO learned anything from his mistakes in the past???

Bulldog Jack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeJack Mayhoffer Ultimate jerk and not worth your time Jack Mayhoffer's Avatar

And you assume the SouthLand would take us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Under Oakes, we'd eventually be pretending to be IAA...then pretending to be DII...then pretending to be DIII...then pretending to be Ruston High.

Our problem is not our division...our problem is our incompetent AD. Don't worry...if Oakes isn't replaced, we'll be in the Southland soon, but mark my words, the slide won't end there. Y'all prepare to make that road trip down to LC for our big conference game!
    "Off the top of my head, I'd say you're looking at a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethros and a Leon Spinks, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever!"

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mayhoffer View Post
    And you assume the SouthLand would take us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    They probably would, but I don't think the Sunbelt would.

Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau has publicly stated that his vision for the University includes Tech taking its place among the nationally prominent athletic programs in the United States. However, since 1994, Louisiana Tech Athletics has been headed by an Athletic Director whose accomplishments include the following:

10. An independent consulting firm (see the Carr Report) noted that the only athletic department systems that were operating at a "functional" level were those that were administrated by OTHER departments or units of the University.
    9. Tech is perhaps the only Division I-A (FBS) program in the country without an automated ticketing system.[Source: The Carr Report]
    8. Tech's income from sponsorships and advertisements fall well below national and even conference standards. [Source: The Carr Report]
    7. Tech's facilities are rated in the bottom half of the WAC. As of 2004 there was NO master plan for improvements or even maintenance of Tech's athletic facilities. [Source: The Carr Report]
    6. Tech was part of the 2% of all D-IA schools that lost scholarships due to poor scholastic performance. [Source: ESPN]
    5. Under Jim Oakes' administration, Tech's budget for athletics has languished at nearly 70% lower than national average for Division I-A (FBS) athletic programs. Tech's budget is more than 35% lower than the average for its conference. [Source: The Carr Report]

4. La Tech sports lack competitiveness in the WAC and NCAA. [Source: WACSports.com]
    3. Conference USA has said “NO!” to Tech twice during Oakes tenure as Athletic Director.

2. For years the Oakes administration has told Tech fans that BCS programs will not agree to playing home-and-home series with Louisiana Tech, making 'guarantee games' a necessity. In October 2007 the Kansas athletic director went on record saying that he was 'shocked' that Louisiana Tech turned down the home-and-home contract he offered and insisted instead on a single 'guarantee game.'
    1. Tech languishes in the bottom of NCAA Division I A athletics in almost every measure. In 13 years, Jim Oakes has failed to demonstrate that he has the qualifications, skills, or vision to help Tech athletics to grow, improve, or even keep pace with the average NCAA athletic program.

For source documentation for the information provided above, visit www.firejimoakes.com and click on Top 10.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I agree with the firing of Oakes option -

But it's beginning to become PAINFULLY clear that is NOT A THIRD option -

Fact is - if our administration THINKS that we cannot AFFORD to host two BCS SCHOOLS in the same year, we have NO BUSINESS pretending to be D-1A....

I agree, Dwayne. Why continue posing under Oakes leadership, we need that third option to come to fruition to thrive in D1-A.

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

What did I miss? Was this really said in public?

Puppy faithdawg has turned a few heads around herefaithdawg has turned a few heads around herefaithdawg has turned a few heads around herefaithdawg has turned a few heads around here

I vote for Derek Dooley as our new athletics director!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Those are stupid poll questions.

There CLEARLY should be a 3rd option......FIRE Oakes and attempt to do Div 1A right!!! That would get my vote.

HD
    The two real poll options should have been FIRE Oakes and attempt to do Div 1 right!!! (gets my vote, no question) or Keep Oakes and prepare to drop athletics. Dropping football to FCS would not only create more problems in football but it would also severely damage Oakes' alleged money source that he claims he needs to keep everything else going.

It shouldn't take a rocket scientist but apparently takes more than a few Tech political types to figure out that Division I FBS Tech athletics can and should very easily work. They just can't work the way they have been run by Oakes the last 13 years.

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

If we're going to drop back to I-AA let's at least be groundbreaking and petition the SWAC for membership.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting rid of oakes is not a cure-all. He definitely should go but reneau is a big part of the problem.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - its not just athletics.

Four straight years of declining enrollment. There is a reason for that beyond the spin you get from the 16th floor.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i am not voting in this pole either. it is ridiculous. despite the problems, if you want to be a 1AA team, go cheer for nsu or grambling. all this type of thread gets you is more flamers piling on.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Getting rid of oakes is not a cure-all. He definitely should go but reneau is a big part of the problem.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - its not just athletics.

Four straight years of declining enrollment. There is a reason for that beyond the spin you get from the 16th floor.
    Reneau is of retirement age, and he will leave when HE is good and ready (like it or not).

Oakes, on the other hand, still lacks around 7 years until he is eligible for a state pension. I hope that is not what he is waiting around for.

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post

Oakes, on the other hand, still lacks around 7 years until he is eligible for a state pension. I hope that is not what he is waiting around for.
    That's what I've been suspecting.

+ Reply to Thread