+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Compound bows

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Compound bows

I'm considering upgrading my bow. I purchased a new PSE in summer 2005 (my 1st bow, actually, 1st time I ever fired a bow) that cost me about $350 dressed out. It is a good bow, and I have killed about 8 deer with it. I am really accurate with it. My only knock on it is that I can only get 240 fps arrow speed. Do y'all think that is too slow? I was leaning toward getting a Bear "the Truth" 28" draw, 70# pull, but I shot a Diamond "Black Ice" Sunday, and I think it is an awesome bow. Any advice?
    Last edited by beefcakes; 10-24-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Compound bows

Keep shooting the bow you're most comfortable with. If you're killing deer and are consistent with the PSE I'd keep shooting it. I have been shooting the same bow for 17 years (Bear take down recurve) and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'd shoot a compound but I learned with the recurve and can hit consistently out to 25 yards.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Re: Compound bows

My wife bought me a BowTech Allegiance at McKinney Honda for Christmas 2007. It cost right around $1,000 fully rigged and I do not plan on having to upgrade for a very long time. I absolutely love it! It shoots at 315 fps and doesn't make a sound. I would highly recommend the BowTech. But talk to Tommy Simmons at McKinney before you make a purchase. He will tell you all of the pros and cons of the bows on the market - even the ones they sell. I have a few friends who shoot Mathews, but I wanted to buy locally and plus the McKinney's do a pretty good amount of business with me at Dowling's Smokehouse. Good Luck!!

+ Reply to Thread