+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ideas for stadium signs

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

Re: Ideas for stadium signs

There is no place for home and homes...

-Jim "Dorothy" Oakes

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajs008 View Post

-Jim "Dorothy" Oakes

Scarecrow: Of course, people do go both ways [pointing in both directions] That's the trouble. I can't make up my mind. I haven't got a brain. Only straw. Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain? The Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they? Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I don't think the signs should just be about the Kansas fiasco. The focus needs to be on the entire Oakes legacy. I also believe there needs to be a healthy portion of signs directed to Reneau about the situation. I realize it may be difficult to accomplish, but a whole bunch of signs would really make a statement.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I don't think the signs should just be about the Kansas fiasco. The focus needs to be on the entire Oakes legacy. I also believe there needs to be a healthy portion of signs directed to Reneau about the situation. I realize it may be difficult to accomplish, but a whole bunch of signs would really make a statement.
    have the top 10 list as 10 different signs as you drive up to the stadium. Here is my slightly altered version of the firejimoakes.com top 10 list:

#10. An independent consulting firm (the Carr Report) noted that the only athletic department systems that were operating at a "functional" level were those that were administrated by OTHER departments or units of the University.
    #9.
    Tech is perhaps the only Division I-A (FBS) program in the country without an automated ticketing system.[Source: Carr Report]
    #8.
    Oakes let a women's basketball coach leave Tech to win a NCAA Championship with Baylor because he didn't want a long term contract.
    #7.
    No JUMBOTRON!
    #6.
    Tech's facilities are rated in the bottom half of the WAC. As of 2004 there was NO master plan for improvements or even maintenance of Tech's athletic facilities.
    #5.
    Tech was part of the 2% of all D-IA schools that lost scholarships due to poor scholastic performance.
    #4.
    Under Jim Oakes' administration, Tech's budget for athletics has languished at nearly 70% lower than national average for Division I-A (FBS) athletic programs. Tech's budget is more than 35% lower than the average for its conference.[Source: the Carr Report]
    #3.
    La Tech sports lack of competitiveness in the WAC and NCAA. (Comissioner's Cups rankings since inception: 2007 #9 of 9, 2006 #8 of 9, 2005 #9 of 10, 2004 #9 of 10, & 2003 #9 of 10).
    #2.
    Conference USA has said “NO!” to Tech twice during Oakes tenure as Athletic Director.
    #1. Oakes has turned down home games in Ruston against BCS opponents.

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

another idea....

Dr. Reneau,
    Please stop the bleeding.
    We are embarrassed enough

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrassyNoleHitman View Post
    another idea....

Dr. Reneau,
    Please stop the joakes
    We are embarrassed enough

there ya go

Champ 9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough9701Dawg is a jewel in the rough 9701Dawg's Avatar

Or...?

another idea....

Dr. Reneau,
    Please stop the Joakes.
    Enough is enough.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

"There's No Place Like Home" says it all.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I really like the idea of doing up a huge blue ball with...

Tech $600,000
    Kansas 0

Sorry I can't remember whose idea it was.
    I like it as well.

ON the back maybe you could put something like this.

Kansas called ofering a home and home, the best Jim Oakes could do was a $600,000 road Payday!

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

How about this:

A caricature of Oaks and Reneau with Pinocchio noses and this below.

League of Extraordinary Liars

Official Unofficial BB&B Pollster TennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her gameTennesseeDawg is on top of his/her game TennesseeDawg's Avatar

this one just maybe MAYBE would be over the line

Whore (n) : One who sells his or her body for money.
    ex: Louisiana Tech Football

Pimp (n) : One who finds customers for a whore.
    ex: Jim Oakes
    I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I took the liberty of updating the Top 10 for a flyer:

What does “the JOakes on us” mean?

Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau has publicly stated that his vision for the University includes Tech taking its place among the nationally prominent athletic programs in the United States. However, since 1994, Louisiana Tech Athletics has been headed by an Athletic Director whose accomplishments include the following:

10. An independent consulting firm (see the Carr Report) noted that the only athletic department systems that were operating at a "functional" level were those that were administrated by OTHER departments or units of the University.
    9. Tech is perhaps the only Division I-A (FBS) program in the country without an automated ticketing system.[Source: The Carr Report]
    8. Tech's income from sponsorships and advertisements fall well below national and even conference standards. [Source: The Carr Report]
    7. Tech's facilities are rated in the bottom half of the WAC. As of 2004 there was NO master plan for improvements or even maintenance of Tech's athletic facilities. [Source: The Carr Report]
    6. Tech was part of the 2% of all D-IA schools that lost scholarships due to poor scholastic performance. [Source: ESPN]
    5. Under Jim Oakes' administration, Tech's budget for athletics has languished at nearly 70% lower than national average for Division I-A (FBS) athletic programs. Tech's budget is more than 35% lower than the average for its conference. [Source: The Carr Report]

4. La Tech sports lack competitiveness in the WAC and NCAA. [Source: WACSports.com]
    3. Conference USA has said “NO!” to Tech twice during Oakes tenure as Athletic Director.

2. For years the Oakes administration has told Tech fans that BCS programs will not agree to playing home-and-home series with Louisiana Tech, making 'guarantee games' a necessity. In October 2007 the Kansas athletic director went on record saying that he was 'shocked' that Louisiana Tech turned down the home-and-home contract he offered and insisted instead on a single 'guarantee game.'
    1. Tech languishes in the bottom of NCAA Division I A athletics in almost every measure. In 13 years, Jim Oakes has failed to demonstrate that he has the qualifications, skills, or vision to help Tech athletics to grow, improve, or even keep pace with the average NCAA athletic program.

For source documentation for the information provided above, visit www.firejimoakes.com and click on Top 10.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Here's another sign idea:

Pimpin' IS easy after all.

Champ bulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the roughbulldog_in_baton_rouge is a jewel in the rough bulldog_in_baton_rouge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I took the liberty of updating the Top 10 for a flyer:

What does “the JOakes on us” mean?

Louisiana Tech President Dr. Dan Reneau has publicly stated that his vision for the University includes Tech taking its place among the nationally prominent athletic programs in the United States. However, since 1994, Louisiana Tech Athletics has been headed by an Athletic Director whose accomplishments include the following:

10. An independent consulting firm (see the Carr Report) noted that the only athletic department systems that were operating at a "functional" level were those that were administrated by OTHER departments or units of the University.
    9. Tech is perhaps the only Division I-A (FBS) program in the country without an automated ticketing system.[Source: The Carr Report]
    8. Tech's income from sponsorships and advertisements fall well below national and even conference standards. [Source: The Carr Report]
    7. Tech's facilities are rated in the bottom half of the WAC. As of 2004 there was NO master plan for improvements or even maintenance of Tech's athletic facilities. [Source: The Carr Report]
    6. Tech was part of the 2% of all D-IA schools that lost scholarships due to poor scholastic performance. [Source: ESPN]
    5. Under Jim Oakes' administration, Tech's budget for athletics has languished at nearly 70% lower than national average for Division I-A (FBS) athletic programs. Tech's budget is more than 35% lower than the average for its conference. [Source: The Carr Report]

4. La Tech sports lack competitiveness in the WAC and NCAA. [Source: WACSports.com]
    3. Conference USA has said “NO!” to Tech twice during Oakes tenure as Athletic Director.

2. For years the Oakes administration has told Tech fans that BCS programs will not agree to playing home-and-home series with Louisiana Tech, making 'guarantee games' a necessity. In October 2007 the Kansas athletic director went on record saying that he was 'shocked' that Louisiana Tech turned down the home-and-home contract he offered and insisted instead on a single 'guarantee game.'
    1. Tech languishes in the bottom of NCAA Division I A athletics in almost every measure. In 13 years, Jim Oakes has failed to demonstrate that he has the qualifications, skills, or vision to help Tech athletics to grow, improve, or even keep pace with the average NCAA athletic program.

For source documentation for the information provided above, visit www.firejimoakes.com and click on Top 10.
    Nicely organized, Brian96, nicely organized.

+ Reply to Thread