+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big time transfer coming in

Re: Big time transfer coming in

No official stats, just from what I saw (5 games):

Bohannon is no stud. Can hit, but slow for an OF'er. & Needs a stronger arm.
    Alexander would start there is defense was the reason for the corner OF position but its not....Corner OF and corner INF are offensive positions. Above average Defense is a added bonus. Kersten provides that. Examples: Alverado -Vandy/Wallace -ASU
    Stubbs will not be an impact this year. Cobb is gone next yr and he will fill in there. He was projected as a CF'er at UT as a recruit.

There are more transfers coming is the rumor. Whats needed:

LHP, RHP, Big Bat? MIF?

ASU releases:
    Pitchers: Adam Bailey and Jason Mitchell, infielder Joe Van Meter and outfielder Mike Petello.

Hatasaki released by ASU
    Parigi Released by ASU
    Both big time HS recruits, one LHP & one RHP I believe.

Just because I'm direct, doesn't mean I'm talking down players.

PT didn't play summer ball, JJ didn't play summer ball: main reason for the short list on the draft boards. Thats the facts, not good, bad or ugly....just facts. Early season draft lists are defined by summerball.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Big time transfer coming in

I hope there is some truth to the rumor of more transfers coming in. It is a great opportunity to get some quality players that were not going to get immediate playing time at some of the top baseball programs. Tech needs quality pitching ( 3 of our weekend starters could be drafted in June) Coach Sim has to plan accordingly. Arkansas lost their top 3 pitchers to the draft and now they are dealing with a lot of question marks for the upcoming season. I don't put much stock in preseason draft lists. Brian Rike wasn't on a list until it counted (in May) It will be fun to see which players emerge in the way Brian did last season.

Puppy rondawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    I hope there is some truth to the rumor of more transfers coming in. It is a great opportunity to get some quality players that were not going to get immediate playing time at some of the top baseball programs. Tech needs quality pitching ( 3 of our weekend starters could be drafted in June) Coach Sim has to plan accordingly. Arkansas lost their top 3 pitchers to the draft and now they are dealing with a lot of question marks for the upcoming season. I don't put much stock in preseason draft lists. Brian Rike wasn't on a list until it counted (in May) It will be fun to see which players emerge in the way Brian did last season.
    It would be nice to get a few quality arms in BUT you have to be careful not to disrupt team chemistry. We were very lucky last year with DWinn and CJones. I saw a stat some years ago that a large % of transfers from D1 to D1 teams don't work out. This team has grown up together and hopefully this will be the year everything clicks. Honestly, any transfer you get from a big time program probably was pretty far down the depth chart so it might not translate into a better player than we already have on the roster. Example: Is Arkansas' 3rd team SS better than what we have? I wouldn't think so.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rondawg View Post
    It would be nice to get a few quality arms in BUT you have to be careful not to disrupt team chemistry. We were very lucky last year with DWinn and CJones. I saw a stat some years ago that a large % of transfers from D1 to D1 teams don't work out. This team has grown up together and hopefully this will be the year everything clicks. Honestly, any transfer you get from a big time program probably was pretty far down the depth chart so it might not translate into a better player than we already have on the roster. Example: Is Arkansas' 3rd team SS better than what we have? I wouldn't think so.
    Some good points......a transfer can be an asset or a liability. I was thinking if we got a couple of good pitchers transfer in, they would push some of our other pitchers to a higher performance level or win the jobs themselves. It's all about performance....can you get division 1 batters out & can you get your team the win? You're right about the importance of team chemistry.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

It says there are new posts on this thread and it keeps changing the name, but all I can see is that last post by falcon. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    It says there are new posts on this thread and it keeps changing the name, but all I can see is that last post by falcon. Strange.
    You're right,it has been acting wierd on this thread.....maybe it's ok now.

Bulldog baseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around herebaseballfan has turned a few heads around here baseballfan's Avatar

No it is still happening unless they are being deleted. It looks like some are coming by someone who may be changing their ID.

There is supposed to be a post by farright 30303030 according to the opening thread page but if you click on page 3 it brings up my post. Something is screwy.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

At first I wondered if I had somehow accidentally ignored someone (I have no purposely ignored anyone), but it is a new Farright name and other people are experiencing it.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    At first I wondered if I had somehow accidentally ignored someone (I have no purposely ignored anyone), but it is a new Farright name and other people are experiencing it.
    He's been banned, and his posts were deleted. But, his name still shows up under "last post" if he was the last one to reply.

+ Reply to Thread