+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Students Rank Last in Sexual Health Poll

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Tech Students Rank Last in Sexual Health Poll

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Re: Tech Students Rank Last in Sexual Health Poll

It took almost two months for the Tech Talk to write about that? We had a thread about it back in September: http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4442

How apt that the author is named Lovelady...

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I wouldn't worry too much about where a condom company ranks us.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Do folks in Ruston not know how to use condoms?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Do folks in Ruston not know how to use condoms?
    It's not something to worry about... I believe our pregnacy rate, STD rate, etc. are well below the national and state averages...

Tech student's are smarter than the average student...

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    It's not something to worry about... I believe our pregnacy rate, STD rate, etc. are well below the national and state averages...

Tech student's are smarter than the average student...

Of course the "study" was done by a condom company, and since Tech uses the least amount of any college, it is seen as sex un-educated...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Of course, they can't handle how "clean" Tech people are

i'm reminded of my 1st Christmas at Tech. Managers and Trainers had a White Elephant party and one of the items given by a manager was a box of 50 Trojans...actually it was 49 as "an emergency came up". I know there are those that read the board that were there that night and will remember this.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't fool yourself by thinking Tech students don't have sex. That is absolutely ridiculous. I don't trust a condom company research on the numbers, though, either. Obviously, with the STD rate so low, they are having protected sex. My opinion is that there is still a stigma attached on purchasing condoms in Ruston. I can bet you that most of our students purchase when they are either home or in Monroe or Shreveport.

This study is about "availability and purchasing" - not about usage. It would be impossible to find out the usage, unless the condom company has nanotech cameras in the condoms.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

The study was based solely on how many condoms people had, and how many THE SCHOOL had available to students. Last I checked, that wasn't even the school's responsibility.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by AG_jr View Post
    The study was based solely on how many condoms people had, and how many THE SCHOOL had available to students. Last I checked, that wasn't even the school's responsibility.
    They just went around and asked how many condoms people had? That is even worse than I suspected. Like I stated, this is not to be trusted as a true measure of anything.

Varsity Bulldog ProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the earsProfStudent158 seems to have something between the ears

liberal crap!

I would think a place like BYU, SMU, or TCU would be lower...

Plus, Trojan should look at their product here... If it's on the shelf, it's sold... and their only "competition" is from one other brand, Lifestyles I think it is...

Champ TECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to allTECHLAX is a name known to all TECHLAX's Avatar

Ruston is the "buckle of the Bible belt", no one is having SEX, especially not unmarried students...:icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by TECHLAX View Post
    Ruston is the "buckle of the Bible belt", no one is having SEX, especially not unmarried students...:icon_wink:

(it won't let me add anymore!!! Had 150 )

+ Reply to Thread